Week 8 - 2014 THP Fantasy Football

Antonio Gates has been really good this year. Even better for a 9th round pick.

I'm down 39.5 after last night and static had 3 in play (Rivers, Julius, and Keenan).

They were projected at 48. Guess that means I won round 1? Hahaha

Good thing ESPN still has me projected to win by 12. I'm gonna go smoke a cigar and sip on some single malt while relishing the victory.

+1 Gates playing well allowed me to let Julius Thomas go for some RB help. He has so injury prone lately that its good to see a resurgence.

Weird CJ nor I had anyone playing last night!

During our draft, I had the choice between Vernon Davis and Gates. I went with Davis...bad choice.

During our draft, I had the choice between Vernon Davis and Gates. I went with Davis...bad choice.

I could have told you that. I had Davis one year, expected him to be a stud and he was a total bust. Gates has always been consistent, except when he's hurt. But when he's healthy, he's great. I had Gates during the turf toe years and he still performed for me.

No I have not tried that. Maybe I will.

You should. Maybe it will light a fire under them and get them talking again.

Team Fairband in League 2....you have a trade offer. Please Respond, counter, tell me to F off...something....any response would be nice!

Team Fairband in League 2....you have a trade offer. Please Respond, counter, tell me to F off...something....any response would be nice!

I would expect a response tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest. His job does not allow any computer time during the day.

I would expect a response tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest. His job does not allow any computer time during the day.

Thats fine, but i have sent him an offer at least once a week and never get anything back. Maybe he just wants to sit at 2-5 and hoard 7 RB's... I don't know that's his choice, but at least tell me that so I'll stop sending trades and wondering.

Thats fine, but i have sent him an offer at least once a week and never get anything back. Maybe he just wants to sit at 2-5 and hoard 7 RB's... I don't know that's his choice, but at least tell me that so I'll stop sending trades and wondering.

He's in this thread now, hoping you guys can connect on this quickly.

In another league. I need a 3rd WR/TE. I have Bennett there, right now. But, his hammy is bugging me. It's a PPR league. What do the gurus think?

M. Bennett, TE, CHI
P. Garcon, WR, WAS
R. White, WR, ATL
A. Robinson, WR, JAC

Last edited:

He likes his RB's. And, you will have to pay to get one. Even trades will not have success.:banghead::angel:

Oh boy. Big trade #2 here we come

I could have told you that. I had Davis one year, expected him to be a stud and he was a total bust. Gates has always been consistent, except when he's hurt. But when he's healthy, he's great. I had Gates during the turf toe years and he still performed for me.

You should. Maybe it will light a fire under them and get them talking again.
Now you tell me.. ;-) I honestly went back and forth, but my past history with Gates during one of injury years led me to shy away from him.

If that is the worst part of my draft, I can deal with it.

Looks like I may have to wait another week for AJ Green to return, ugh.

In another league. I need a 3rd WR/TE. I have Bennett there, right now. But, his hammy is bugging me. It's a PPR league. What do the gurus think?

M. Bennett, TE, CHI
P. Garcon, WR, WAS
R. White, WR, ATL
R. Allen, WR, JAC

This week I would go White.

Just accepted. Sending Calvin Johnson for Jimmy Graham

`
Just accepted. Sending Calvin Johnson for Jimmy Graham

Wow you actually responded? LOL I think it could be a good deal for both of us.

`

Wow you actually responded? LOL I think it could be a good deal for both of us.

I always respond. Might not be right away

Back