The Grill/Grilling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Low and slow ribs

684f0e0358faf582f12ffb9a2f1fc020.jpg

f504281352bc281ff9c70f8191977b41.jpg

dd9b4b4e93521652d71354e38ed8c9b2.jpg

Looks awesome! Any wood or just charcoal? Do you use natural hard wood coals or briquette?

I want ribs.... Now.. 9:20am cst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks awesome! Any wood or just charcoal? Do you use natural hard wood coals or briquette?

I want ribs.... Now.. 9:20am cst.

Im a lump coal person. Its wood and highly recommended for Kamado style grills.

Im a lump coal person. Its wood and highly recommended for Kamado style grills.

Natural lump produces great flavor. And much easier to use than most think. Chimney starter makes it child's play!

Natural lump produces great flavor. And much easier to use than most think. Chimney starter makes it child's play!

We use an electric starter in the kamado and plug it in and pull it out after 4 minutes.

Getting the Kamado ready for grilled pizza tonight. This should reach about 650 for us tonight before I shut down the openings before it gets to about 1000.

d15956b713ec9d27dc2da2a069748810.jpg

de6aac7df0850e2ea34f7f676b62abed.jpg

Going on.

6733bba69cd51ed8412e128b35e46355.jpg

Pizza 1 is done.

2ce007afce0c0abb618c88113d4c3422.jpg

That looks amazing...sausage and pepp?

That looks like a great pizza.

Where did she get the dough recipe from?

This was some serious awesome pizza. GG'S homemade dough got a tiny hint of coal smoke from the lump we use to grill with. And the whole thing was incredible.

Pizza 1 is done.

2ce007afce0c0abb618c88113d4c3422.jpg

Wtf! That looks freaking awesome. I'm eating ritz bits at 40k and have to look at this. Not nice!

That pizza looks freak'n awesome brother

Thanks guys. It was really really good.

Bison burgers are hitting the Kamado tonight.

Just saw this thread! Didn't read the whole thing, but here's my take:

I use a Weber charcoal. I use real lump charcoal with a chimney starter - no lighter fluid for this guy. It takes longer and more effort than my old propane grill, but I enjoy the charcoal routine, so I do it.

Typically we do steaks/chicken and kabobs too, with veggies. I also like using cedar planks with salmon, but my wife doesn't like seafood so that's a rare treat. My favorite and go-to is a nice thick filet cut. Their prices have been absurd this year but are starting to come back down now. For those, I usually pile the coals in a corner, really hot, and sear each side of the filet on that direct heat. Then I move it to the other side (in-direct heat). Pull it off, let it sit a few mins....pair with a cabernet or nice IPA....okay now I'm hungry.

Welcome to the thread. Lots of solid grillers in here.

JB that pizza looked amazing.

I so want to grill out. Too bad it's raining and 40° outside. I guess I will dream and wait until next spring comes to do some delicious steaks on the grill.

JB that pizza looked amazing.

I so want to grill out. Too bad it's raining and 40° outside. I guess I will dream and wait until next spring comes to do some delicious steaks on the grill.

Thanks dude. These bison burgers arent too shabby either.

Thanks dude. These bison burgers arent too shabby either.

Those do sound good. That's a little leaner correct? Add any fat in to keep them juicy? Or just straight bison?

Those do sound good. That's a little leaner correct? Add any fat in to keep them juicy? Or just straight bison?

They are leaner. No fat added, but truly we just made them thin and grill hot and they came out so good.

They were so good Duke decided he wanted some. Josh put his plate down on a TV tray, turned for a second and half the burger was in Duke's mouth.

They were so good Duke decided he wanted some. Josh put his plate down on a TV tray, turned for a second and half the burger was in Duke's mouth.

Haha. That's awesome.

I've had Elk before but they were pretty dry. Could have used a little pork or something in them to keep them a little juicy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back