On the XXIO website they are quite proud of the fact that they've reduced MOI with the XXIO8, but deliver higher clubhead speed. I thought MOI is something everybody is trying to increase?
http://www.xxiousa.com/products/xxio8-driver.php

Different term.

MOI in terms of head design references the resistance to twisting at impact.

Swing MOI or MOI matching is a term that is much more complex and not really something I can give a really simplified explanation of, but it's worth googling. It's sort of (sort of being the key word) related to swing weight.

I can't wait to learn more, very intriguing.

Different term.

MOI in terms of head design references the resistance to twisting at impact.

Swing MOI or MOI matching is a term that is much more complex and not really something I can give a really simplified explanation of, but it's worth googling. It's sort of (sort of being the key word) related to swing weight.
Thanks Hawk. I had no idea haha.

The little bit we saw of XXIO in January was pretty impressive. Sounds like things are going to continue heading in that direction.

Look forward to hearing more about XXIO. #1 in Japan definitely says something about their products.

Last edited:
When I was in South Korea, XXIO advertising was everywhere. Looked into it a bit and saw it was a premier line ... have a feeling they're going to be pricey clubs.

I do have a question though. XXIO is a Dunlop line, which is owned jointly by SRI (which owns Srixon and Cleveland) and Sports Direct. In Japan/Taiwan/Korea, SRI owns it outright, but from what I've read that changes from region to region. So how does that whole relationship work in the US with Sports Direct and SRI?

I hadn't heard of them but interested to see what they have and how it compares to what I game now.

interesting, gonna have to see/hear more

Are XXIO a more custom component set than off the rack? intended to be fully custom fitted like KZG?

Are XXIO a more custom component set than off the rack? intended to be fully custom fitted like KZG?

Typical OEM. Not builder based.

Thanks Hawk that's what I figured.

This is intriguing as I know they are on the spendy side of OEMs. Definitely interested to hear why they are worth what they are asking.

Never heard of it obviously... but sounds like a good product and also sounds expensive. I guess we will see what the word "premium" means in $$ soon enough.

Hmm might have to look at these. They look nice lets see if i can hit them!

I had my first XXIO sighting on the course yesterday. One of the guys I was paired with had a driver.

Intresting great interview

I have hit the XXIO 8 irons in regular graphite. 6 irons were over $1000. I hear that a new line will be close to $2,000 for 5 irons. That may or may not be true, but the reality is that they make extremely high quality product. The irons were effortless to hit long, and high. Very forgiving. I did feel that their technology was more for slower swing speeds. I didn't think that a stronger guy would need that much help.

As someone who owns a couple of Japanese clubs I can attest to their quality and their cost. Also, I have a dozen Mizuno JPX golf balls that I'm looking forward to trying.

I'm interested in seeing how the U.S. market accepts XXIO.
I've had the opportunity to demo Honma clubs and they are quite impressive both in fit/finish and effortless performance. XXIO kicking Honma to the curb wasn't easy and speaks quite well of what they bring to the table.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I have a friend in Brazil that is South Korean and he plays all XXIO clubs, they are very nice and he paid over $5,000 for the full bag (with the bag). But he is a very rich guy and only buys Japanese clubs. He plays a average game like all the rest of us, but looks good doing it.

We will have more coming soon from XXIO.

This may be a skim alert but will they be carrying any LH equipment or will it be extremely limited or none at all?

I am intrigued by this line but I doubt I could afford any of it.

One course I regularly play has a hotel attached to it, which often has Asian visitors. I see a lot of them sporting XXIO-equipment, and they really look high-quality. I know it's not really that important, but their drivers and woods have a nice sound to them.

High quality gear from Japan. I know it's going to sick, I hope the U.S. Markets eats it up.

Back