What Type of Putter do you use

• Mid-Mallet

Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Blade

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Mallet

Votes: 38 29.2%

• Total voters
This year i went from a mallet to a blade and I am putting so much better. I bought the Odyssey Black Series i and love it. Don't think i will go back to a mallet.

Same thing happened to me. But recently, I was messing around with some mallets (Rife IMO) and it seemed even easier to putt than the blade. Now I'm tempted to make the switch again...

the ones they give you at miniature golf?

LOL - if you're asking about mini golf putters, all I've ever seen are rubber, center-shafted types, aka "Bullseye" style.

that phoul would be a blade

LOL - if you're asking about mini golf putters, all I've ever seen are rubber, center-shafted types, aka "Bullseye" style.

Thats what Spanks uses!!!

Mid-mallet for me.

Used to play a blade but just got a Bett Studio Stock #4. Awesome putter. I think it's considered a mid mallet.

Thats what Spanks uses!!!

Hey it's as short but not rubber and not center shafted. Actually I've seen putt putt putters longer than my putter.

BTW, they have dual hand blades I believe.

anser style Morgan 006 carbon steel...tryed a host of others and settled on it. It's the 1st putter that makes me feel like I'll sink em all.

My evolution over my 2 years of playing has been crazy.

Blade to mallet to heel shafted to center mallet to my M2 (not quite center shafted) blade.

Is that pretty much the natural progession for players? Typically start out with mallets, and progess towards blades as our stroke becomes better and more ingrained?

I used a blade, but struggled with offcenter hits. Tried probably 30 putters, and settled for a center shafted mallet... about as far from what I mentally wanted to use, but it just worked better than all the others.

Is that pretty much the natural progession for players? Typically start out with mallets, and progess towards blades as our stroke becomes better and more ingrained?
I used a blade, but struggled with offcenter hits. Tried probably 30 putters, and settled for a center shafted mallet... about as far from what I mentally wanted to use, but it just worked better than all the others.

Well, not for me. When I started playing, I used blade putters but found that I like the feel, heft and alignment of a center-shafted mallet better and they work better for me with my SBST putting stroke.

I have been playing a (near) center shafted mid-mallet (m3) for a couple rounds now and I am still struggling on alignment for putts < 8 feet. I recently came from a face balanced, offset mid-mallet and now I am pushing everything a couple inches to the right.

I am going to send the seemore back to TN and have them put a whistle shaft on it. I think that will help my alignment issues. I saw a picture of the whistle shaft at address and immediately thought to myself "Now THIS is what it supposed to look like!"

I really prefer the look of a blade putter but for some reason I often putt better with a mallet or mid-mallet.

this is how i am also... ive tried my brothers mallet... and some friends mid mallets and the alignment aids are very helpful which in turn makes me feel as tho im putting better... but i just love the look of my blade

During the interview on last weeks radio show, Ted did say that the whistle shaft can cause the putt to go left. Maybe it will work for your problem? You might want to call them and ask.

I have been playing a (near) center shafted mid-mallet (m3) for a couple rounds now and I am still struggling on alignment for putts < 8 feet. I recently came from a face balanced, offset mid-mallet and now I am pushing everything a couple inches to the right.

I am going to send the seemore back to TN and have them put a whistle shaft on it. I think that will help my alignment issues. I saw a picture of the whistle shaft at address and immediately thought to myself "Now THIS is what it supposed to look like!"

Blade for me, just don't care for the look of mallets.
Odyssey White Hot XG #1 for right now.

During the interview on last weeks radio show, Ted did say that the whistle shaft can cause the putt to go left. Maybe it will work for your problem? You might want to call them and ask.

I actually think it is exactly my problem (and that show is where I got the idea from to change it). I was a good putter with my offset putter and now I miss right. I think its pretty clear that my stroke grooves with an offset stick. Now I gotta (pay more to) get one!

I have a Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6 putter.

After several years with mallets (First a 2-ball and then a Spider), I like a more traditional look. But the center-shafted 2.6 forces me to get my eyes over the ball, which really helps me.

Had a Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Select was a little too firm recently made the change to the Odyssey White Ice #1 35" and love it always used a blade just cant get over some of the new futuristic designs

Moving from a full mallet (Nike OZ 5) toward a mid-mallet this year... picked up a Rife Mr Beasley for next to nothing at the end of last season, regripped it with a nice Winn midsize pistol, looking forward to putting it in play this weekend...

It's got just about the cleanest lines I've ever seen in a mallet. Simple but wonderful.

Yes Amy at 33 inches and a Two Thumb Grip so far I haven't found anything to move it out of my bag

Off set blade all the way for me. I used my new Slotline yesterday, much softer face to it and the greens were like glass. The wind really had things dried out and still three putted several times. The ball would gently roll to the hole and if missed the wind would just keep it rolling, it was nuts.

Back