The Grill/Grilling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made my world famous honey chipotle lime chicken breasts tonight. Usually I cube it and skewer it, but tonight I just made whole boneless breasts. I also made my grilled cheesy bacon spicy hash browns, which are always a hit. Love the caramelization on the chicken from the honey, sears in the juices nicely. Biggest problem is that the wife is out of town for work for a few days and I am scared I'll end up eating all of this myself. Oh well...

Looking good.

We have an infrared Char Broil. Solid grill. It kind of just sits now, since we got the Kamado, but it did just fine.
Bought the new grill last night (happy early birthday to me) and have 4 strip steaks marinating for tonight. First time ever grilling on infrared, any tips or things I should know so I don't ruin the steaks?

Dinner tonight:

bac823a7cd7cea39504d14a20a618f55.jpg

Misty's seasoning (local steakhouse) mixed with teriyaki sauce. Turned out fantastic and the new grill has officially been christened.

Well it is not 20 degrees and I had chicken to grill so I fired it up tonight. Needless to say I am a little out of practice, think I put a little too much lump charcoal in and the fire got pretty hot. Charred it a bit.... Oh well still tasty

3ef398f43c26e1ad9be9a311ad5b8f2d.jpg

0342bfcde4fb8c2d69c7ce91a8dcfd87.jpg

46bcc8a648bf2b514bccedbac7ee800a.jpg

Yeah lump gets hot and stays hot. Looks tasty either way.

Wife gets home, "hey what happened to the chicken?" Haha of course. Oh well I had some and it was tasty

Wife gets home, "hey what happened to the chicken?" Haha of course. Oh well I had some and it was tasty

Tell her she can hungry & take her plate away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tell her she can hungry & take her plate away.

Haha pregnant with twins.... I made her something else haha

Haha pregnant with twins.... I made her something else haha

My mom always said "you ain't gotta put your feet under the table if you don't like what is on it".

True story

This is getting ready to go on the smoker for tonight.

a4637a99075985d2bf175dca04b1a87f.jpg

Turkey is fantastic. Going to go with a higher heat (300) for a little less time to make sure it's not too smokey.

What'd you season it with JB?

Dang, JB. That right there looks legit. :clapp:

What'd you season it with JB?

Sage, Thyme, Salt and Pepper mixed with olive oil.
On the Kamado for a few hours.

Sage, Thyme, Salt and Pepper mixed with olive oil.
On the Kamado for a few hours.

Nice, I could pick out the thyme, but not the sage. Sounds good.

Had fun cooking 200 slabs of ribs with some buddies yesterday for a fundraiser. We put some rub on them and cooked them in foil for an hour,and then pulled them out and applied brown sugar and honey and cooked them for another hour. They tasted delicious.

98d302740134dc548d4a63d40161c241.jpg

NY strips, Brussel sprouts,

Awesome Kevin. Talk to me about the Brussels..... Did you soak them in water or anything? Have never seen that before, but love them and THOSE look delicious!

JM

Simple buddy, cut and cleaned with olive oil and ghost salt on them. Grill them rolling them around to keep them from getting burnt. Just at the end I throw 3 ice cubes on to enhance a steaming action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back