Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've still done nothing about my computer conundrum. I think Black Friday will get me a cheaper 1TB storage device, which will allow me to move everything I care about onto and wipe this stupid Macbook Pro (Macbook Slo?) clean in hopes that speeds improve.

Otherwise I'm going to get the build itch going again, and that won't be good for the ol' bank account.

Buy a computer and install league asap.

Problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity, do you think it outperforms the Windows based Samsung's that cost maybe 1200? Do you have a macPreference?

I've got a preference for macs in general, so consider that worth a couple hundred dollars to me.

I looked at building a machine that was close in specs, and when I added the $350 or so for a comparable monitor to what's in the 27 inch (it's 2400x1440 or so resolution), It wasn't a world of difference.

For me, another big thing is service - if something goes wrong I can just bring it I for service. I had an HP laptop that I had to send in and was without a machine for almost a month.

Has anybody here purchased a Samsung Tab 4 and used the Kid Mode?

Our child currently has a Nook HD. But, google apps do not like to play nice with it. And, she is getting old enough for texting/messaging. I set up a gmail account for her (linked to mine) so that she could send emails to mine and my wife's phone. But, the Nook will periodically throw up a google error message and close the app.

We are an android house. But, the daughter wants an ipod, because she thinks it does stuff that Samsung's don't. But, I think it is because we have relatives, along with a couple of her friends, that have Apple products. And, Apple kiosks in Best Buy and other retail seem to have more options for covers than Samsung. ARRRGHHH Marketing ARRGGGHHHH

Picked up the Amazon Fire Stick while it was dirt cheap at Best Buy. Back ordered on Amazon until January, and my local store has them on sale for $25. Should work well for the 3rd set in the new theater for stats during fantasy football.

No one can help me with my Alienware laptop dilemma?

Call me a skimmer... whats the issue dude, I can help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Call me a skimmer... whats the issue dude, I can help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I need to know if it's worth the price for the X17. About 2200$ built.

I know you can find cheaper options but I've always heard they are extremely well built, are backed by Dell, and come in a solid chassis. I had another machine ordered for less but the parts were back ordered and weren't gonna ship for like 2 months.

Can't exactly "build your own" laptop like you can a desktop.

I need to know if it's worth the price for the X17. About 2200$ built.

I know you can find cheaper options but I've always heard they are extremely well built, are backed by Dell, and come in a solid chassis. I had another machine ordered for less but the parts were back ordered and weren't gonna ship for like 2 months.

Can't exactly "build your own" laptop like you can a desktop.

What are the specs on the laptop? If you're using it for gaming, it's probably worth to spend extra on any GPU upgrades you can.

I know a lot of people knock Dell, but I've used them at work for the past 10 years or so and haven't had a single issue, and the people who have had issues have gotten quick service.

No one can help me with my Alienware laptop dilemma?

What do you use your laptop for? Are you a hardcore PC gamer? Unless you're playing bleeding edge games on it, I would say don't get the Alienware. You're paying huge money for the graphics card. Also, it's bulky as hell and probably very heavy. What is important to you in a laptop?

Electronics Pondering

What are the specs on the laptop? If you're using it for gaming, it's probably worth to spend extra on any GPU upgrades you can.

I know a lot of people knock Dell, but I've used them at work for the past 10 years or so and haven't had a single issue, and the people who have had issues have gotten quick service.

Same. I have used xps desktops for years and had nothing but good luck while all the people I games with and built their own we're constantly having to restart their pcs, never ending cooling problems, etc. I don't know if it's the cool thing to do to hate on dells in the gaming world but I find it pretty funny.

What do you use your laptop for? Are you a hardcore PC gamer? Unless you're playing bleeding edge games on it, I would say don't get the Alienware. You're paying huge money for the graphics card. Also, it's bulky as hell and probably very heavy. What is important to you in a laptop?

I play 99% of my games on Pc and go to a lot of lans. I know the Alienware is huge (10 lbs) and will need to be plugged it but I need something mobile that can handle serious gaming .

I also looked at origin, who is built by two of the original founders of Alienware but it seems the price you are paying is for the customization like chassis paint jobs and such, which I don't care about. I need a workhorse.

I will post the specs tonight when I get home.

If that's your use then you're one of the few that Alienware is perfect for. You may also want to look at Asus and MSI's gaming laptops if you haven't already. I can't personally speak for MSI, but I've owned lots of Asus gear over the years and never had a problem with it. Their ROG stuff is pretty solid. Haven't compared it specs/price wise to Alienware, but I would suggest you do. I'm sure the Alienware is an excellent machine as well. Personally, if I went to Lan parties and was ready to fork over $2,200 for a new machine, I'd be building a desktop. You could put together one hell of a desktop for that kind of coin. My self-built machines have always run beautifully but I know that not everybody has the same experience.

If that's your use then you're one of the few that Alienware is perfect for. You may also want to look at Asus and MSI's gaming laptops if you haven't already. I can't personally speak for MSI, but I've owned lots of Asus gear over the years and never had a problem with it. Their ROG stuff is pretty solid. Haven't compared it specs/price wise to Alienware, but I would suggest you do. I'm sure the Alienware is an excellent machine as well. Personally, if I went to Lan parties and was ready to fork over $2,200 for a new machine, I'd be building a desktop. You could put together one hell of a desktop for that kind of coin. My self-built machines have always run beautifully but I know that not everybody has the same experience.

I've had asus before as well and loved them but reading about the current gen that is comparable and only 400 less than the Alienware has serious heat problems.

I'm glad the cyber monday deals suck for electronics, because there's a lot of really cool stuff out there right now.

I almost bought three TVs while out on Friday. Cannot believe the TV prices.

I'm glad the cyber monday deals suck for electronics, because there's a lot of really cool stuff out there right now.

I almost bought three TVs while out on Friday. Cannot believe the TV prices.

No joke. Don't need a TV.. At all, but I was pondering some of them at the prices they had

No joke. Don't need a TV.. At all, but I was pondering some of them at the prices they had

327 for a 40 inch Smart LED 1080p?! Are you kidding me? I told the wife I was buying it and when asked where the heck I was going to put it I said "WHO CARES LOOK AT THE PRICE!"

I left the store empty handed, thank goodness.

327 for a 40 inch Smart LED 1080p?! Are you kidding me? I told the wife I was buying it and when asked where the heck I was going to put it I said "WHO CARES LOOK AT THE PRICE!"

I bought that one for my pops on Thanksgiving night while walking through target. Took a pic, sent it to my sister and said "What do you think?"
We know he was wanting to replace the old tv in the front room.

I bought that one for my pops on Thanksgiving night while walking through target. Took a pic, sent it to my sister and said "What do you think?"
We know he was wanting to replace the old tv in the front room.

hahahahaha I sent three photos to my father, one being of that TV.. I wonder if ours looked the same.

hahahahaha I sent three photos to my father, one being of that TV.. I wonder if ours looked the same.
ebf3b9934816d18dd50a461d802daabe.jpg

Haha you caught the angles better.

26e8aa8943e9fa3af960163ff119a376.jpg
Too funny. I certainly was not planning on doing anything like that. But that was hard to pass up. Esp being a smart TV.

I bought 2 forty inch 1080p TVs and added the Amazon Firestick to each one. Out the door price (before tax) $247 each.

Still pondering the Polaroid Action Cube. Bummed there are no deals on it from Best Buy or Amazon, but for $99 (without accessories) I may bite the bullet and just get it anyways.

Too funny. I certainly was not planning on doing anything like that. But that was hard to pass up. Esp being a smart TV.

I am still genuinely shocked I didn't buy one.

I bought 2 forty inch 1080p TVs and added the Amazon Firestick to each one. Out the door price (before tax) $247 each.

Just an insane price. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back