Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball Review Thread

Put these three together on the putting surface the other day.

Although the Chrome Soft ball is significantly lower compression than the other two, I really couldn't tell a difference between the 3 in the feel department when doing a blind, random test. I experienced a slightly different sound from the Chrome Soft than the other two while using my Metal X Milled putter, but that has absolutely no effect on performance. I can't wait to get it into the simulator and see what happens on full swings (and then outdoors when the weather allows).

Interesting they had different sounds off the putter considering they all have the urethane cover. I guess I always kind of figured the cover had the most to do with the sound it would make off a putter, since you're certainly not hitting a ball with your putter hard enough to effect the core. I guess the core is just THAT much crazy different in the chrome soft, huh?

I'm so intrigued by these I wish I could order some right now.

Really looking forward to trying these out. I like a softer ball that performs across the set.

I emailed Callaway in Australia and that tell me the ball should be released mid January in Australia and NZ. So keen to try this ball, I have fond memories of low compression, balata covered balls and it sounds like this has some similar traits.

Really looking forward to trying these out. I like a softer ball that performs across the set.
I think you ll dig these, Doug. It seemed to me like I could feel the ball compress no matter the swing or shot. They really inspired confidence in my ability to strike the ball.

I emailed Callaway in Australia and that tell me the ball should be released mid January in Australia and NZ. So keen to try this ball, I have fond memories of low compression, balata covered balls and it sounds like this has some similar traits.

Good news buddy. I was just about to do the same thing.

Anyone believe this guy??
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418857932.154105.jpg

Just got this in an email from Callaway .. Sorry I'm at work and just took a screen shot of this quote

Sounds good I cant wait to try them.

Pudge,
Thanks for the shoutout! Yes I stand by that statement.
Distance was very good off the tee, and around the greens my ball was doing things I wasn't used to seeing!

This ball is indeed excellent!

I like what I'm hearing about this ball. I have yet to find a ball I really love since the Tour i(s)

Sounds like a ball that I will try.

I was really excited until I read the bridgestone comments. That said, I do love the supersoft so hopefully it's a lot more like that and a lot less bridgestone.

I wonder what these will retail for in Canada? Hopefully 30-something.
At the very least I'm dying to try these for myself.

I am going to have to try these when they come out but I would be more excited were the price point closer to $30 than to almost $40.

Thank God it comes in yellow. If CJ likes it, might as well give it a try.

They have to be worth a try, especially for us slower swingers!!

I'd be interested in a head to head comparison with the Chrome Soft and TM Project A.

I'd be interested in a head to head comparison with the Chrome Soft and TM Project A.
Quite different but the first thing that is very easy is the Chrome Soft is far more durable.

And no gnarly seam.

I cant wait to try these out when they are released

I have a feeling I will as well. I loved the chrome plus and with this having better durability I would say I am already all in :)

I'm going to hoard them. I can already tell.

I would love to see measurable spin rates off the driver between CS vs SS.

I wonder what these will retail for in Canada? Hopefully 30-something.
At the very least I'm dying to try these for myself.

Was told $39

I would love to see measurable spin rates off the driver between CS vs SS.

I can check on that for you. Honestly I am not sure I have any SuperSofts left, but if I do, I will bring the launch monitor out to the course today.

I can check on that for you. Honestly I am not sure I have any SuperSofts left, but if I do, I will bring the launch monitor out to the course today.

Awesome. Thanks JB.

Back