Nike, Adidas or Asics golf shoe opinions

Typhoon

Reaction score
Handicap
Plus side
Still wearing an original pair of adidas 360 golf shoes. Last round of the year I noticed one shoe started to leak. Got out the caulking gun and put bathroom shower sealer on them but I'm thinking maybe it's time for new ones. Here's what I like, anybody able to compare them or anything? The Asics I just wonder about the heel height...but at 5'6" maybe it'll be a good thing to get back the inch I've shrunk over the past few years.

Adidas tour 360 m1
Nike Lunar control 2
Asics Gel Ace pro

Thx!

No experience with Asics but the Nike LC's have always been solid for me.

Moved to Golf Style

I have all 3 pairs of those and the Nike Lunar Control is the most comfortable to me by a large margin. Not my favorite pair of shoes, but very solid.

I used Nike LC this year, i didn't care for them. They didn't seem to hold the greatest . Looking at getting Asics for next year. Have had good luck with their other shoes.

I like them all but the Nike's are great comfortable shoes with tons of stability, by far my favorites.

Always been an Adidas shoe guy. I've loved every version of the 360 that I've gamed for style and performance. I also have the Adicross III and Gripmore spikeless, great shoes as well.

Last edited:
I know both the Nike as the Adidas are shoes you can't go wrong with. No experience with Asics golf shoes. I personally prefer Adidas beause I have wide feet.

Ive worn Adidas for years and love every pair Ive owned. I rotate through 3 different pair

I've been wearing Asics for about 18 mos now. I think it's a very good shoe. Really comfortable and stable. I've worn Asics running shoes for a long time and the sizing of the golf shoe matches the running shoes I've had. I've was always a FJ guy but the Asics are much more comfortable. I have played all day in them and everything else wears out before my feet. My only issue was price - I ended up getting a pair on-line on clearance really cheap otherwise I'm not sure I'd have forked over the $180 or whatever the golf shop was asking.

For me, this conversation starts with the Lunar Controls and really ends there.

For me, this conversation starts with the Lunar Controls and really ends there.

This.
I have other shoes but always compare to Lunar Controls and most fall short.

Always been an Adidas shoe guy. I've loved every version of the 360 that I've gamed for style and performance. I also have the Adicross III and Gripmore spikeless, great shoes as well.
I am debating new shoes for this coming year. Between the Adicross and Gripmores which did you like better and why? Thanks!

They are all similar so I would go with pair fits the best. I always lean Adidas because they fit my foot the best.

Just walked a round in my new Adidas Tour 360 ATV M1 shoes that I got for Christmas and they were great. Course was wet and super hilly and wet and I had no issues with slippage, foot fatigue or soreness. Extremely comfortable.

no asics experience, love the LC and the 360s were ok. i am mostly a puma guy but have the LC in the closet and walked 18 yesterday with no issues while wearing them.

I've gamed Nike, Addias, and Footjoy golf shoes, I prefer the Addias shoes the best. I currently rotate between 4 pairs of Addias shoes (2 pairs of 360's, 1 pair of Adizeros, and 1 pair of Adiones). No experience with the Asics brand.

Dax

Will never own Nike (cheap crap). Have owned Puma (love them), Adidas (above average), Foot Joy (very good. With that said, Asics are the best golf shoe I have ever owned.

Will never own Nike (cheap crap). Have owned Puma (love them), Adidas (above average), Foot Joy (very good. With that said, Asics are the best golf shoe I have ever owned.
Nike is far from cheap crap. And I'm saying that as a guy that doesn't own anything Nike

If you like Asics running shoes you'll like their golf shoes - if you can get them cheap. I got mine on ebay for $40 & like them a lot - but they did take some getting used to because of the higher heel area.

I am a Nike fan and have had a couple pairs of their shoes. I have a big flat foot and Adidas just fits my feet so much better. I tried on the LC at a golfsmith and did not care for it, then went back to try it again because so many on here were talking about them. I have two pairs of the Tour360 ATV, they are heavy but feel great. I have a pair of the adizero tours that was given at golf outing, and although lighter were much tougher on my feet (and the course). Just bought myself a pure 360LTD, feels great in the house. Too wet to wear that pair out just yet, still has that new car smell I don't want to ruin. Also have a pair of gripmores (given out the next year at that event) and I really like the look and comfort. I do have some issues with grip on pine straw with those.

Always been a Adidas fan. I got 4 pairs 360 ATV's , 2 pairs of M1's, 1 Tour360X, and 1 Adicross Tour. The ATV are my favorites with the Adicross Tour right behind. I will be getting the Pure 360's once the price comes down.

I'd say Adidas as well (I'm an ecco homer.)

I really enjoy the Adicross gripmores in normal. Conditions. When it's wet out I got to my trusty Nike TW frees.....

Tap tap taparoo

Nike, Adidas or Asics golf shoe opinions

I think it depends on your foot size... I'm a 13W, so Footjoy works best for me... Nike tends to run small and narrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back