What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shot 85 which I'm happy with. I had three birdies today with a birdie, par, birdie finish. I had a couple of approach shots that stopped within a couple feet of the hole. I also had two triples in the middle of the last nine that hurt. Anyways my iron striking was pretty darn good where as trying a 460 head driver caused too much trouble.

Great finish there buddy. Birdie, par, birdie is strong on those three holes. Especially that last one.

Not really sure what I shot today... Wasn't too far off par I don't think, but I genuinely don't care.

Someone else's clubs (some more entertaining than others) and ugly greens, but a great time was the priority and I absolutely had that.
If you would have focused on hitting drives closer to cart paths you would have easily been under par.

I shot 85 which I'm happy with. I had three birdies today with a birdie, par, birdie finish. I had a couple of approach shots that stopped within a couple feet of the hole. I also had two triples in the middle of the last nine that hurt. Anyways my iron striking was pretty darn good where as trying a 460 head driver caused too much trouble.

Interesting round OG. I thought you had learned your lesson on those 460cc drivers and your golf game. Realistically what do you think you would have shot not hitting the 460cc driver ? Great to hear you played so well today.

Scorecard says 88. Not sure how that could be right. Fist time I've hit a ball since November 11th.
Wow 88 would have put us 15th or so at bear trap...only 3 months too late

41 and 45 same course twice. Felt pretty good out there considering I last played in October. Putting was well not good especially the 2nd 9. 60 degrees and sunny in December I will take it!

Shot a 91... eff me!!! I couldn't do anything positive today.. Make a par, then a double... Driving was bad, chipping was terrible ( 2 chips on 6 holes) putting was fair 1 3- putt .. Just one of those days you want to forget.. But I was playing w / my best friend so that was a good thing (he brings the worst out of my golf game every time ).. Hoping to get out tomorrow ..

45/46 - 91. I hit 1 GIR today. ONE. It was ugly. At least I had fun.

I shot a round of 90 today, first time out in over a month, cart path only and lots of walking. Greens were slow at the front 9 but faster on the back 9. I couldn't get the putts to fall, rimmed out 9 times but had a great time playing with a good friend on a warm day.

And you played a lot better than the 95 would indicate. You were solid off the tee and hit some great iron shots into greens
Getting over the flu I was gassed by the end.

Georgia National with THPers

46/44-90
6 FIR, 5 GIR, 36 putts (3 3-jacks and a 4 putt!), 5 bunkers (2 saves), 4 pars and a birdie.
The numbers might look mediocre, but I put up some solid, quality shots today.
I hit my 4W like Phil himself, today. Deep! No driver needed. And aside from one sand shot today, I was money out of them. Made 1 par and 1 bird out of bunkers today. Also, some nice, high flops (mostly because it was the only way to stop the ball on those greens!) #High&Soft

Georgia National with THPers

46/44-90
6 FIR, 5 GIR, 36 putts (3 3-jacks and a 4 putt!), 5 bunkers (2 saves), 4 pars and a birdie.
The numbers might look mediocre, but I put up some solid, quality shots today.
I hit my 4W like Phil himself, today. Deep! No driver needed. And aside from one sand shot today, I was money out of them. Made 1 par and 1 bird out of bunkers today. Also, some nice, high flops (mostly because it was the only way to stop the ball on those greens!) #High&Soft
Take any tumbles?

An 83 from 7578 yds. I got beat and had to swallow some trash talk but it was a blast and pretty awesome seeing your kid become the golfer you always knew was there. I missed 1 fairway all day and had 14 putts on the front 9 for a 39 which really gave me some confidence, on the back I lost my concentration after being outdriven by 80 yds on every hole lol, I don't need forgiving irons, I need distance irons to level the playing field. I learned some things today about my game.

Take any tumbles?
Almost. I hit one tee shot toward a bunker, left. The only way I could hit the ball was to stand on just my toes with the rest of my feet hanging over the lip of the bunker. Trying to maintain some sort of swing thought, knowing most of my weight was not hovering over a bunker, wasn't pleasing. But I didn't fall in, and I even hit the shot really well. That makes several months now I haven't fallen down. #ImDue

43/42 for 85 at Georgia National. Great time with THPers. Didn't hit many fairways or greens. Felt like I was scrambling for bogeys all day. Fun with good guys made it a very enjoyable even though the golf wasn't our best. Was great meeting Rambler for the first time.

An ugly&pretty 86.

Front 9 47 with 3 lost balls - two if which I saw exactly where they landed but couldn't for the life of me find and one which was for sure lost.

Back 9 finally found some touch and shot a 39 (5 pars and 4 bogeys) - good way to finish 2014.

Last edited:
81 today. Not bad for December 27th, lol

Took some good strides today toward getting the new clubs dialed in. Shot a 36 - 38 - 74 with 3 birdies.

40/43, 83 @ Shula's GC Senator course. It was nice to play a course I'm very familiar with and get some confidence back in my game. FIR 7/14, GIR 7/18, 33 putts. Hope to get out again tomorrow.

I rare 54 degree day here in late December on Long Island....shot 79....more good then bad after a few weeks off

88 after a month of no golf, happy but short game struggled as expected

Just an average 86 today. I hadn't played for about a week and a half so was a bit rusty. I just didn't feel like I was really concentrating. I was just having a casual round with mate, we haven't had a game for a while. He beat me off the stick today with an 85 for the first time ever, and he hadn't hit in the 80s for quite a while, he said to me I alwys play good when I play with you haha, I think he was more relaxed. We had rain for the first 6 holes but then it cleared and became muggy but it was just nice to get out and cruise around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back