Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a Panasonic bluray, the DVD aspect of it is great, but the Netflix and YouTube portions not so much. Very clugy to use, and the quality isn't as good as I thought it would be.

Anyone ever use one of the wifi enabled blurays? It's time to upgrade the tv in the master to an HDTV so we can watch more back there with the baby and hopefully take advantage of sleep ops more, looking at those a they allow access to netflix and hulu which is cool w the bluray player.
I've got a Samsung did player that works great for Netflix. It is as easy to use and works as well as a tool, but is much more limited in apps. With the pice of the fire stick that seems like the way to go.

We have an LG and it works well apps are limited but for pandora and Netflix it's great

Anyone ever use one of the wifi enabled blurays? It's time to upgrade the tv in the master to an HDTV so we can watch more back there with the baby and hopefully take advantage of sleep ops more, looking at those a they allow access to netflix and hulu which is cool w the bluray player.

I have a sony bluray player that uses wifi. I don't use the streaming apps on it so much anymore, but I did when we first got it. Then I started to stream through the xbox instead. But when I used it, I never had any issues. It allowed me to throw the Roku in another room. Just got one for my dad for xmas and set it up Friday and we streamed some stuff. Worked perfectly.

Pondering a entry level GoPro now, maybe not the latest and greatest. maybe a Hero 3?

Pondering a entry level GoPro now, maybe not the latest and greatest. maybe a Hero 3?

I have a 3+ silver and really like it. once the next gen comes out and does 4k at 60fps I'll be upgrading but this one does everything I need right now. a friend of mine has the 3 silver and it is a solid performer as well. only wish I could do 120fps at 1080p but not a deal breaker

I just pulled the trigger on this. Good deal for anyone looking for portable charger:

http://9to5toys.com/2014/12/27/omaker-10000mah-dual-2-1a-battery-wflashlight-18-prime-shipped/

omaker-brilliant-10000mah2-1amp2-1amp.jpg

Make sure you get like 9 extra battery chargers. Battery life is abysmal.

Got a little extra Christmas $$ thinking about finally picking up a rangefinder.

Might have to try this out.. beats trying to find outlets in airports

I'm not sure how long the sale will last, but I am on my Prime trial and for $18 shipped I figured why not. Not to mention I have had this exact charger on my wish list for about 2 months now...pretty solid reviews.

Mine will be here Tuesday so I can let ya know

I'm not sure how long the sale will last, but I am on my Prime trial and for $18 shipped I figured why not. Not to mention I have had this exact charger on my wish list for about 2 months now...pretty solid reviews.

Mine will be here Tuesday so I can let ya know
Cool I think the mrs is using a trial of prime (or she was) so I may try and go for it

Battery life on mine is not bad until you turn on WiFi, in which case it's absolutely terrible.

I have the wasabi power slightly larger battery, and it lasts quite a bit longer. That and turning off wifi really helped my battery life.

I have Verizon FiOS Internet but looking for a more powerful router to increase signal strength in my house. Gonna do some more research but just thought I would check and see if any one had any recommendations.

I have Verizon FiOS Internet but looking for a more powerful router to increase signal strength in my house. Gonna do some more research but just thought I would check and see if any one had any recommendations.
I upgraded to their dual band router and it's noticeably faster

Whoever is pondering a Bose soundlink color I highly suggest getting one. I got one for Christmas and love it at any level. Super portable also!

Tap tap taparoo

Finally got the soundchuck ordered. Very excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those that are using ethernet cable, whenever possible, in your home, how do you go about hooking up multiple devices to your router? I have a bluray with netflix/amazon/hulu in one room, roku 3 in another, a PS3 next to the roku3 and a wii in my daughter's room. Not to mentio the PC in the office, where the router/modem is located. With all of the movie streaming going on, I've been told that I should use ethernet for those devices. Looks like my ATT Uverse modem/router has 4 connections. If I'm running all of this cable through the attic, is there some kind of ethernet splitter that I can put in the attic so that I don't have 4 different 75' cables running from the device to my office? Can I run 1 cable from the modem/router, up to the attic, to a splitter. Then, have each device hookup with that splitter? If this is possible, would this type of setup provide a better streaming experience than wifi?

20141229_192256_zpsrwzpvetc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

For those that are using ethernet cable, whenever possible, in your home, how do you go about hooking up multiple devices to your router? I have a bluray with netflix/amazon/hulu in one room, roku 3 in another, a PS3 next to the roku3 and a wii in my daughter's room. Not to mentio the PC in the office, where the router/modem is located. With all of the movie streaming going on, I've been told that I should use ethernet for those devices. Looks like my ATT Uverse modem/router has 4 connections. If I'm running all of this cable through the attic, is there some kind of ethernet splitter that I can put in the attic so that I don't have 4 different 75' cables running from the device to my office? Can I run 1 cable from the modem/router, up to the attic, to a splitter. Then, have each device hookup with that splitter? If this is possible, would this type of setup provide a better streaming experience than wifi?

[/URL][/IMG]
Yes, a splitter will be exactly what you need.

Results should be better than wifi, especially if the router is on different floors or several rooms away from devices.

[/URL][/IMG]

Rather that running all that cat you could get a Ethernet over power line setup.

Electronics Pondering

[/URL][/IMG]

Ethernet switch. If your router is gigabit use a gigabit Ethernet switch. I just did this and it is 10x better than wireless.

TP-LINK TL-SG1005D 10/100/1000Mbps 5-Port Gigabit Desktop Switch, 10Gbps Capacity https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000N99BBC/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_NmGOub0HPDGW4

a4ca9a25079b7b7bf3d67c4548e00cc7.jpg

I tried that in the apartment, and it doesn't work well if the signal has to go across circuits.
Rather that running all that cat you could get a Ethernet over power line setup.

Got my T-Mobile test drive phone today and mobile data sucks around my house and area. Only good when I get to town and it's blazing 25mbps. I sent a tweet to the CEO and T-Mobile and got nothing. So far not to impress with the coverage in my area. Going to give the phone to my wife tomorrow so she can try it out in bfe if she can even call or text there.

Got my T-Mobile test drive phone today and mobile data sucks around my house and area. Only good when I get to town and it's blazing 25mbps. I sent a tweet to the CEO and T-Mobile and got nothing. So far not to impress with the coverage in my area. Going to give the phone to my wife tomorrow so she can try it out in bfe if she can even call or text there.
I'm thinking I might give that a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back