The 2015 Bridgestone University Experience - Full Details

I just sent over my final payment as well.

I can't wait for January 23rd.

I posted this up in another thread but thought I would share it here too. I have been having back pain since our Georgia Gethering last month. I visited my doctor this morning and here is what I posted.

Just got back and I know why the pain does not ease up too much, I have severe arthritis from my L5-4 to L5-1 lower back, severe was his word not mine. He plans to do a MRI next Monday or Tuesday for a clearer look and then make a plan from there.

Naturally I told him I have a major tournament next month (Bridgestone University) and I really need to be able to be there. He said if upping my medication dosage does not do the trick he will do a nerve block that should have me good to go. I need to do some research on everything he has told me this a.m. not too sure about the nerve block and possible complications.

I am not going to let a little thing like pain get in the way of attending next month as the doctor told me I really won't be doing any damage if I play, if need be I drop the practice round and just make the 2 days to put a little less pressure on the back, we will see as we get closer.

I posted this up in another thread but thought I would share it here too. I have been having back pain since our Georgia Gethering last month. I visited my doctor this morning and here is what I posted.

Just got back and I know why the pain does not ease up too much, I have severe arthritis from my L5-4 to L5-1 lower back, severe was his word not mine. He plans to do a MRI next Monday or Tuesday for a clearer look and then make a plan from there.

Naturally I told him I have a major tournament next month (Bridgestone University) and I really need to be able to be there. He said if upping my medication dosage does not do the trick he will do a nerve block that should have me good to go. I need to do some research on everything he has told me this a.m. not too sure about the nerve block and possible complications.

I am not going to let a little thing like pain get in the way of attending next month as the doctor told me I really won't be doing any damage if I play, if need be I drop the practice round and just make the 2 days to put a little less pressure on the back, we will see as we get closer.

That sucks Randy, sorry you're in pain, but you're one heck of a trooper! Looking forward to seeing you again.

Really hate to hear that buddy. I hope upping the meds will give you some relief. Regarding the nerve block, I can tell you that I had to have one of those in my neck prior to the Morgan Cup in July and it worked like a charm. I had a little concern as well, but there was no way I was going to miss the golf event of my life. They assured me that, in my case, the injection was simply going into the area near where the nerve impingement was present and not into the spine. Of course, I have no idea what he is suggesting in your case. Good luck with whatever course you choose my friend.

Sorry to hear that buddy. The playing less and saving up was the same approach I took for the HHI and SeeMore Extravaganza last year when the arthritis in my upper left arm was flaring up pretty bad earlier this year. Didn't play my best golf during those events, but was able to gut them out because I came into them fresh, I believe.

Sorry to hear this. Let's hope the mess work and you can make it

So sorry about this Randy. But playing with THP'ers is the best medicine there is.

sorry to hear this DD. The docs will fix you up right and by the Bstone University you will be killing the ball.

Hope it works out for you!
Maybe they'll have a spa there that they can work out the kinks between rounds :)

Thats too bad to hear DD. Hopefully they fix it up right. Im betting you don't even feel it with all the excitment at Bridgestone U!

Sorry to hear that DD. I hope that back starts feeling better.

On a side note I am truly excited for all you guys attending and this event in a whole. Bridgestone has an amazing line of clubs in the J40's and I can't even begin to say how excited I am for the new lines.

Enjoy it as I was disappointed I was unable to throw my hat in for this one.

DD -
If they work, nerve blocks work really well for a few weeks. I have seen mixed results, but they are not very invasive.
Do not be afraid to try one.
Hope to meet you in FL!

just sent over my final payment...less than a month anyone getting excited?...i'm still working on getting over friday early enough to play 18, should know something either way by the end of the week...

Randy...take care of yourself bud!!

Can't wait to see/meet you guys in a few weeks...hit em straight/long til then

After playing yesterday, I'm even more excited for this event and new equipment that is going to be on hand.

Also looking at some of the pics of El Campeon and Mission Hills this is going to be a monster event filled with fun and excitement.

Using Tapatalk

After playing yesterday, I'm even more excited for this event and new equipment that is going to be on hand.

Also looking at some of the pics of El Campeon and Mission Hills this is going to be a monster event filled with fun and excitement.

Using Tapatalk

El Campeon is an incredible track, literally one of my absolute favorites and it and Mission Inn are pretty much the ultimate place for an event like this.

El Campeon is an incredible track, literally one of my absolute favorites and it and Mission Inn are pretty much the ultimate place for an event like this.

I'm looking forward to it. I've been stalking the place online and it looks amazing

I'm looking forward to it. I've been stalking the place online and it looks amazing

I look forward to the stories from Devil's Delight (17).

Beastly golf hole.

I look forward to the stories from Devil's Delight (17).

Beastly golf hole.

Two chances to get on in two. I dont like those odds.

All it takes is 2 absolutely perfect shots with 0 margin of error...back to back...easy

Back