The 2014-15 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Kelly gonna give Zaire a start in his first game . Pretty gutsy to do it during a bowl game

Should be interesting , and a good look to see what next year brings

Brian Kelly gonna give Zaire a start in his first game . Pretty gutsy to do it during a bowl game

Should be interesting , and a good look to see what next year brings

If he shines, Kelly is opening himself up to a lot of second guessing regarding why he did not pull the plug on the turnover machine Golson before the losses started piling up.

If he shines, Kelly is opening himself up to a lot of second guessing regarding why he did not pull the plug on the turnover machine Golson before the losses started piling up.

Remember when Golson and Kenny "Trill" we're going to win the Heisman while leading their teams into the playoffs?

Good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it Tuesday? I'm still numb over that arse-whippin Clemson put on us last night.

It's a good day for Michigan. A announcement like this is huge. Big for the B1G all around.

For some reason, these remind me of a movie prop!

The 2014-15 College football thread (SPOILERS)

It's a good day for Michigan. A announcement like this is huge. Big for the B1G all around.

Happy for you guys. Sucking for how long you guys have, it would be brutal as a fan.

Of course I've also been a lifelong Eagles and Phillies fan so I know what decades of insignificance is all about.

Good news for the Sun Devils, DJ Foster is coming back for his Senior season. Dual threat RB with a lot of catches out of the backfield.

I can't wait to watch!

What the hell the national championship is on ESPN right now???

That have been moving the ball great why the hell is he putting in golston?

That have been moving the ball great why the hell is he putting in golston?

Some of his decisions have been awful this year .. But of all the recent coaches , he is the friendliest .. Signed a ball for us/ 2 shirts .. Other coaches were a holes .. All freaking a holes

And on this day there was no defense played .

Wow. How was that not ruled a TD? One view showed the ball breaking the plane and the other showed the knee up.

Can college football not marry the two views together like they do in the nfl?

I'm going to research this , but I can't remember a season where ND scored more points in , but had a mediocre year . Terrible

Good news for the Sun Devils, DJ Foster is coming back for his Senior season. Dual threat RB with a lot of catches out of the backfield.

Really smart move for the young man. He was most likely not going to be the top back coming off the board and in the new theory of letting backs fall down the line, that leaves a lot of money on the table.

Really smart move for the young man. He was most likely not going to be the top back coming off the board and in the new theory of letting backs fall down the line, that leaves a lot of money on the table.

How much does injury play into these decisions? Or lack of production the following year? Sometimes it works the opposite way. Do most have insurance policies?

How much does injury play into these decisions? Or lack of production the following year? Sometimes it works the opposite way. Do most have insurance policies?

Depends on the player. In this instance, the risk was worth it, because he had a lot of question marks and was not #1 on many boards.
We werent talking top 5 pick vs 2nd round.

Depends on the player. In this instance, the risk was worth it, because he had a lot of question marks and was not #1 on many boards.
We werent talking top 5 pick vs 2nd round.

Is it really possible that he would be a top 5 pick? I didn't think we would see anymore RB's go that high in the near future.

It would seem to me the thought process of RBs would be get to the NFL as soon as possible, then go for an extension if you are that good. The shelf life seems like it is getting shorter and shorter, and the way elite backs get treated in college it seems like the wear and tear would make it even shorter.

Is it really possible that he would be a top 5 pick? I didn't think we would see anymore RB's go that high in the near future.

It would seem to me the thought process of RBs would be get to the NFL as soon as possible, then go for an extension if you are that good. The shelf life seems like it is getting shorter and shorter, and the way elite backs get treated in college it seems like the wear and tear would make it even shorter.

Possible? Yes. Common? Definitely not.
He has some really raw abilities, but some say a lot of his yards came from slot and really has to continue to show sole back stuff. Tons of RBs are not going to make it to the extension, so you have to maximize early money and in this case, its absolutely worth it. There are many that had him outside the top 10 (position) and that means a ton of money left on the table where another year could lead to being the 1st back taken.

Nd's defense is almost like playing NCAA football on easy level for Xbox . You can't be stopped no matter what team you are .. Pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back