What Wedges Do You Want OEM To Test

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We are going to put OEM to task of testing wedges for himself and everybody on the forum this coming weekend. Here is your chance to have him test what wedges you want to hear feedback on. All of them will be 2010 models, what brands do you want to get feedback on?

TaylorMade TP xFT Wedges?

I'd love to hear a head to head comparison of the CG15 vs. the JAWS. I know feel and balance are more subjective to the individual golfer, but maybe some launch monitor data with the vector could be a great backspin comparison.

I've been eyeballing wedges for a while and those are the 2 I'm torn between at the moment. I know he has one of each in his bag at the moment so I'm waiting to see if one gets kicked out and replaced. :D

Cg15, vokey, TM Xft.......

i'd like for you guys to throw the niblick in the mix, see how it stands up for OEM's game compared to the cg15, vokey, jaws, and xft

+1 on the niblick.....but if it''s for 'true wedges' only then CG15 and Jaws
i'd like for you guys to throw the niblick in the mix, see how it stands up for OEM's game compared to the cg15, vokey, jaws, and xft

• Admin
We are hearing so much about the big names, nobody wants him to try some stuff that you cannot find or havent hit? Just my thoughts. There are a few brands that I am really eager to check out this year.

How about Fourteen and Scratch wedges? I also like the idea if him testing the NIblick, especially since it has garnered a large number of posts here.

he could also demo the heavy wedge. i honestly don't care about a lot of the lesser known brands. mostly b/c i'm a lefty and it's hard enough to find big name equipment. just being honest.

I would like him to test Scratch, Mizuno's, and also Gene Nead has started to make wedges.

Ok, here are a few that I'd be interested in seeing how they compare:

Cleveland Mens CG15 Black Pearl (as our highly rated 'control' wedge)
image.jpg

Adams Puglielli Black Forged
image.jpg

Bridgestone Mens J38 Black Oxide
image.jpg

Tour Edge Mens Exotics Xtreme Spin Tour Black
image.jpg

Wilson Staff Mens Tw9 Gunmetal
image.jpg

Nice Osahar! Seems everyone is interested in the Jaws vs CG15. I have a Jaws 60* in black and its my go to wedge at the moment. Love it for those soft landings. This is looking to be a ton of fun! There are so many wedges out there that Ive never even hit. Even big names like Vokey, Mizuno and Wilson.

What are some of the lesser known names out there?

Nice Osahar! Seems everyone is interested in the Jaws vs CG15. I have a Jaws 60* in black and its my go to wedge at the moment. Love it for those soft landings. This is looking to be a ton of fun! There are so many wedges out there that Ive never even hit. Even big names like Vokey, Mizuno and Wilson.

What are some of the lesser known names out there?

Miura, Yonex, mostly asian stuff. They came out with Heavy wedges right?

i bet that OEM could benefit greatly from a good "foot" wedge, haha.

Wilson and the new Heavy wedges for sure.

They were at the outing. (Heavy)

It all got lost in the shuffle for me with the gaggle of clubs I was drooling over.

After he tries other wedges and selects his favorite, I would be interested in a review of his going through a custom fitting for the Scratch wedges and comparing the Sratch wedge that he was fit for with his favorite of the off the rack wedges.

After he tries other wedges and selects his favorite, I would be interested in a review of his going through a custom fitting for the Scratch wedges and comparing the Sratch wedge that he was fit for with his favorite of the off the rack wedges.

Im just going to play devils advocate here for a second. So he is supposed to try out 20 wedges, then choose a favorite, then order and pay for one from Scratch that he may or may not like more than what he chooses? Seems a little odd to me.

Many companies are putting out tons of grinds, bounce options, etc... now.

Back