Shirt tucked or untucked? Sound off

Shirt tucked or untucked? Sound off

• Total voters

Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
So watching the 2010 Texas Valero Open with Jacobson's shirt untucked sparked some banter about that very thing, the shirt tucked or untucked. Do you ever go untucked? Do you ALWAYS tuck it? Lets hear it!

Myself, somtimes I go untucked when I just dont feel like tucking it. For the most part I tuck it but it can depend on where Im golfing too. Sometimes it even depends on the shirts length too. But if I was on TV playing a PGA Tour event I would have it tucked for sure.

i'm a tucker for sure. i think it's part of the golf experience for me. sometimes my shirt comes untucked by i always tuck it back in.

Always tucked!

So watching the 2010 Texas Valero Open with Jacobson's shirt untucked sparked some banter about that very thing, the shirt tucked or untucked. Do you ever go untucked? Do you ALWAYS tuck it? Lets hear it!

Myselft, somtimes I go untucked when I just dont feel like tucking it. For the most part I tuck it but it can depend on where Im golfing too. Sometimes it even depends on the shirts length too. But if I was on TV playing a PGA Tour event I would have it tucked for sure.

Untucked for me. I think my wifebeaters look better hanging over my jorts than tucked into the waistband. I'm not sure it's a hard and fast fashion rule, but it's a personal one I follow.

Kevin

I go both ways for the simple reason I like Jacobson so much.
You definitely need the right kind of shirt to pull it off though.

I do either depending on the fit of my shirt. If they're long, I'll tuck it in to keep it out of the way. Most of my polos are just the right length so I don't have to tuck my shirt in.

I belong to a tuck only club so I have to tuck.

1st Vote for NEVER belongs to me!

I don't like tucking in my shirt. I had enough of that when I went to a catholic school for six years.

I belong to a tuck only club so I have to tuck.

No kiddin? You have to tuck? dont think I'll ever be in a club like that, not that I wouldnt want to.

No kiddin? You have to tuck? dont think I'll ever be in a club like that, not that I wouldnt want to.
Wow, you never want to play Baltusrol, Pine Valley, Plainfield CC, or a bunch of other high end, elite must tuck clubs because you have to tuck?

Wow, you never want to play Baltusrol, Pine Valley, Plainfield CC, or a bunch of other high end, elite must tuck clubs because you have to tuck?

If I could get on at one of those clubs, I would tuck the 'beater into the jorts. I might even buy a 'beater with the sleeves hemmed instead of just cutting the sleeves off a t-shirt.

Kevin

Reactions: TC

I said "not that I wouldnt want to" so of course Id love to play some ultra elite clubs. Just saying that I probably will never be a member of the big money clubs like that is all. Unless I hit this latest Powerball, then its ON!

I said "not that I wouldnt want to" so of course Id love to play some ultra elite clubs. Just saying that I probably will never be a member of the big money clubs like that is all. Unless I hit this latest Powerball, then its ON!

can TC be your golf buddy?

Mine is always tucked in. Although some of my polo shirts seem to like coming untucked, especially around my right hip, during a round. Need longer shirt tails!

I remember the first time I went to one of these clubs, untucked, dirty shoes, with a heavy bag with lots of crap in it (didn't realize a caddy would be carrying it all day). One of the staff let me know in the nicest way possible to get it together.:confused2:

I tuck it in the majority of the time. If it's too effing hot then I untuck.

i go both ways... when im wearing a long polo then i tuck it... it bothers me when its untucked cuz its too long... especially the polos that are longer in the back than in the front...
now if im wearing an aloha shirt(hawaiian shirt) it just looks retarded if you tuck it in... (no offense to the developementally disabled)...
in the winter its a must to tuck... that cold air blowing up anything exposed kinda puts a damper on trying to steady a must make putt...
if its a thousand degrees and im wearing a shorter polo... that baby is gonna be untucked and if it was tucked and became untucked... unless im unbuckling things on the course... its gonna stay untucked... nobody wants to see the dangly's (hot beercart chicks excluded)
but if im to pick a percentage... i think im 75 to 80% tucked most of the time

I remember the first time I went to one of these clubs, untucked, dirty shoes, with a heavy bag with lots of crap in it (didn't realize a caddy would be carrying it all day). One of the staff let me know in the nicest way possible to get it together.:confused2:

Sounds like one of those "Wanna get away" moments. I hate those. At least they were nice about it.

I tuck when the shirt is made for tall players 6ft or above. If I have a regular shirt that keeps coming untucked and I am playing at my local county course, I just make sure it's ironed good and pressed and leave it out. Certain courses would require the tucked look and I wear one of my made for taller player golf shirts then for sure. hmmmmmmm maybe if the belly was smaller all of them could become tucked huh :eek:)..........

I am a tucker.

It depends. Sometimes I tuck it in, sometimes I don't. Depends on the shirt and, to an extent, the course.

The way it works out for me is generally-

Pants: Tucked in
Shorts: Untucked

I have gotten a couple of nice belts recently so tucking (even with shorts) is becoming more common for me

polo is always tucked if its a cabana shirt its untucked

Any love for the half tuck? Keep the front in to show off your belt buckle but let the back go?

It was a popular look in Ohio but I havent seen it here in cheeseland

Back