Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood - Technology Q&A

I have to say I was really surprised by the distance. Even choking up it gets some yards!

Me too. I can play it from 205 all the way to 230 also.

Shocked I didn't spend more time with this on in Cali. That will need to change.

Me too. I can play it from 205 all the way to 230 also.

Hard to say with the weather so far, but based on what I saw this weekend, I think that sounds pretty spot on. My second tee shot of the round was right in line with what I usually get out of my 5W (barring the occasional super rip). I have a feeling this will be one of my new favorite range clubs as I get used to it. Been talking about it in other threads, but the distance I can get with this makes me wonder what the top of my bag looks like this spring.

I needs you guys to give me some HW lessons. I did hit a few upwards to 215 last time out, but still my norm is probably 190 - 195. If I can figure out how to get 210 - 215 consistently, I was be happy as that it what I was hoping to get out of the HW.

I needs you guys to give me some HW lessons. I did hit a few upwards to 215 last time out, but still my norm is probably 190 - 195. If I can figure out how to get 210 - 215 consistently, I was be happy as that it what I was hoping to get out of the HW.

Im guessing you are ballooning it a bit.

Im guessing you are ballooning it a bit.

Yes sir. I started to be able to get the flight down a bit last time out which I feel contributed to the added distance I saw a few times. Going to keep at it because I know it can really be a solid club for me. Any tips would certainly be welcomed and appreciated!

Yes sir. I started to be able to get the flight down a bit last time out which I feel contributed to the added distance I saw a few times. Going to keep at it because I know it can really be a solid club for me. Any tips would certainly be welcomed and appreciated!

Not sure I am the guy to ask, but if you are ballooning it, its because of spin. Stiffer shaft could fix that if its an equipment thing. Less steep could fix it if its not.

Just picked up a Heavenwood and will receive it next week. Looking for good things from this club.

Not sure I am the guy to ask, but if you are ballooning it, its because of spin. Stiffer shaft could fix that if its an equipment thing. Less steep could fix it if its not.

Went out and hit 20 - 25 balls with it this afternoon. Watched the ball flight very closely and I would term it more of a high, towering ball flight as opposed to ballooning. It just launches very quickly and stays high until it lands about 190 - 195 yards later. The balls I have been able to keep down, to what I deem is a normal 5 wood height, I have been able to get the desired 210 or so out of it.

Went out and hit 20 - 25 balls with it this afternoon. Watched the ball flight very closely and I would term it more of a high, towering ball flight as opposed to ballooning. It just launches very quickly and stays high until it lands about 190 - 195 yards later. The balls I have been able to keep down, to what I deem is a normal 5 wood height, I have been able to get the desired 210 or so out of it.

The truth is, it should launch higher than a 5 wood. Its a 7 wood. So perhaps the 195 is the distance you will see out of it.

Yeah this club definitely launches the ball high. Like PW high. :D

Sox, it was basically a 3h for me when it came to distance. Higher ball though.

Sox, it was basically a 3h for me when it came to distance. Higher ball though.
I have accepted the fact that it is a 200 yard max club for me that goes very high. Got a great deal on a 5 wood that will bridge the gap from 3 to HW.

Nothing wrong with that for sure. Having the ability to bring a ball in soft from that distance is a good quality.

Nothing wrong with that for sure. Having the ability to bring a ball in soft from that distance is a good quality.

Indeed it is! Used this club a number of times yesterday. So easy to hit off the deck. The height saved my bacon on a par 5 on the back. Was trying to play back out to the fairway after punching out from an errant drive. Pushed it and thought for sure I was getting a penalty in the rough as it was trees vs just brush. Ball went well over the trees and I figured I'd check before accepting my penalty. Low & behold, There my ball sat about 10 feet out of the heavy stuff with plenty of room to swing, giving me a clean shot at the green and a chance to save par. Which I wasted, but bogey is a heck of a lot better than it could have been.

Found myself in a good place to hit this club a bunch. It's not magical, but if I put a solid swing on it I've been rewarded with some good results. I'd say this club is a good bridge from 5W to 5I as I have been able to choke down for those shots I'd normally use a 4I for.

Club sounds terrible when you guys are ready to off one let me know ;)

I had the chance to hit one of these last weekend and thought it was pretty cool. It was super easy to hit and as others have said, get the ball airborne! Not sure I need one, but it would definitely be a fun club to mess around with!

I had the chance to hit one of these last weekend and thought it was pretty cool. It was super easy to hit and as others have said, get the ball airborne! Not sure I need one, but it would definitely be a fun club to mess around with!
That's exactly what I said. Then a few rounds later I found myself rearranging my bag to fit it. It's like a drug this heavenwood.
:D,

That's exactly what I said. Then a few rounds later I found myself rearranging my bag to fit it. It's like a drug this heavenwood.

All I can say is "it's Heavenly"
I should write ads for Callaway...Lol

I'm sure it won't take long to find my bag as well! ;)

JB, what shaft did you go with?

Has anybody tried a low launch shaft in this club? Just curious as a mid launch shaft still throws it way up there and was curious about the effect a low launch shaft has on ball flight.

I'm sure it won't take long to find my bag as well! ;)

JB, what shaft did you go with?

Stock for me. Love the way it feels.

Stock for me. Love the way it feels.

Couldn't agree more! Callaway has been on an absolute hot streak!

Couldn't agree more! Callaway has been on an absolute hot streak!

We are glad to be able to do 3 THP Events with them each year.
The King
The Gauntlet
and of course...The Grandaddy Of Em All.

I hit my Heavenwood for the first time yesterday All courses were closed, 32 degrees after 3 inches of rain. I hit a few balls at the range. This club really launches easy and high. Flight was straight even against a 20 mph wind. It was hard to judge distance, but it didn't seem to lose any distance against the wind. Looking for a 200 to 215 yard club. It looks like this may be the club for me. It also seemed very forgiving. It has been raining a lot lately so I haven't hit a lot of balls. Going to Florida to visit my sister, so I will be giving it a good workout next week.

Back