The 2014-15 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notre Dame doesnt count for the acc? They are considered a representative of the acc.

I certainly wouldn't count them. I know they are associated now, but still not a member.

Yep JB, top 5 of SEC west lost, the bottom 2 and all of the eligible teams from the East won. Despite the West going 10-4 against the East, with all of those wins coming from Georgia and Missouri.

Arkansas and South Carolina won their bowl games, and 3 of the 4 losses from SEC west teams to teams from outside of the SEC West had come from them. Pretty weird that they would have the only wins in bowl games.

If you only want to look at power 5 v power 5.
Pac 12 5-1
SEC 6-5
Big 10 5-5
ACC 2-6
Big 12 2-5

Big twelve showing up big?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notre Dame doesnt count for the acc? They are considered a representative of the acc.

No The Irish are independents for Football so they don't count with the ACC.

In basketball only I believe.

Hockey, and football all the only non full acc member
No The Irish are independents for Football so they don't count with the ACC.
They are independents but they are partnered with the acc for bowl games. At least during the bcs if they were ranked higher than an acc team they would take the acc spot in the bcs bowl and share funds from it. So they are partnered. Not to mention they do have to play 5 ACC teams per their contract a year.

Big twelve showing up big?

Should have had 2 in the final 4 and kansas state is the greatest

Hockey, and football all the only non full acc member

They are independents but they are partnered with the acc for bowl games. At least during the bcs if they were ranked higher than an acc team they would take the acc spot in the bcs bowl and share funds from it. So they are partnered. Not to mention they do have to play 5 ACC teams per their contract a year.

Yes, all true, but their bowl record is not counted toward the ACC.

How bad was the Pac-173 to only have 6 teams in a bowl? Even the B1G had 70% of their conference make bowls.

How bad was the Pac-173 to only have 6 teams in a bowl? Even the B1G had 70% of their conference make bowls.
They had 8

Am I missing something? 5+1=6. Correct? What am I missing.
That was against power 5 conferences, a few posts up has totals.

Way to represent Big 12. Sheesh, embarrassing.

OSU screwed EVERYTHING up last night! We had our one true bowl champion till they decided to pull out a win. Now what do we do??!!!

I'm definitely a Buckeyes fan being from Ohio and all, but Ohio State is going to have their hands full with this Oregon offense. Gonna be a great game to watch though.

I'm definitely a Buckeyes fan being from Ohio and all, but Ohio State is going to have their hands full with this Oregon offense. Gonna be a great game to watch though.

Yah it's gonna be rough keeping up . Our front four need to really get pressure on mariota .

Do they need to pressure him, or do they want to try and keep him in the pocket?

He's pretty scary outside of it, but he's pretty scary inside of it.

He's pretty scary

Seeing that OSU offense put those points up against Bamas defense, I don't think they'll have a problem keeping up, but the Ducks offense looked quite dangerous against FSU.

Seeing that OSU offense put those points up against Bamas defense, I don't think they'll have a problem keeping up, but the Ducks offense looked quite dangerous against FSU.
It could very well come down to turnovers again. Oregon coughed the ball up twice in their win, OSU three times.

Wayyy too tame for Oregon.

No doubt green wings will sprout from the Oregon uniforms at some point in the game ... a la Katnis' Mockingjay outfit in Hunger Games.

No doubt green wings will sprout from the uniforms at some point in the game ... a la Katnis' Mockingjay outfit in Hunger Games.

I would expect more of Effie than Katniss from Oregon. We are dorks.

My thoughts exactly, biggest game of the year, and they tone it down, they could have gone with the metalic shiny ones from the rose bowl of years past!
Oregon-Ducks-Reflective-Helmets_Rose-Bowl-2012.jpg

It could very well come down to turnovers again. Oregon coughed the ball up twice in their win, OSU three times.

I think our running game will be the deciding factor. If zeke can get going and keep their offense off the field and allow our defense to rest I think it will be paramount. A lot of teams have kept up with Oregon for a half but it seems they get tired and just can't do it for the entire game.

I look for big things, it crazy Bama hadn't given up 100 yards to a back all year and zeke puts up over two bills.

It's kinda funny now to think back how bad this o line was against va tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back