The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Tiger will win 3 times on 2015, move back into top 10, and win a major.

That was my prediction this past year. FWIW, I think yours was similar too...:D

Yeah well we all know what happened to him last year. How many tournaments did he complete. As much criticism as he took in 2012 he still managed to win all those tournaments and he was not 100%. Also when you watched him play the last couple years when was the last time you saw him hit his driver well. His whole career he has been outstanding scrambler. Also let's not forget the Masters and that penalty that took him out of contention a couple years ago. I'm just not concerned. I think there's a lot of gas left in the tank.

Yeah well we all know what happened to him last year. How many tournaments did he complete. As much criticism as he took in 2012 he still managed to win all those tournaments and he was not 100%. Also when you watched him play the last couple years when was the last time you saw him hit his driver well. His whole career he has been outstanding scrambler. Also let's not forget the Masters and that penalty that took him out of contention a couple years ago. I'm just not concerned. I think there's a lot of gas left in the tank.

He finished 7 events and had 1 top 25.

I have never (and will never) say he is done or does not have gas in the tank. However I think if you go back and read your predictions the last 2 years, you will see a familiar trend.

Wasn't it 2013 in which he won like 4 or 5 events.

Wasn't it 2013 in which he won like 4 or 5 events.

Yup. That is quite a while ago.
In the world of golf, players go through hot streaks and cold streaks. Remember when Rory was done because he switched to Nike? Oh yeah, then 2014 happened.

When he is healthy he is dominant. I thought at the heros it looked like he drove the ball twice as well as he did in 2013. He's a grinder he'll get the issues worked out as long as he can stay healthy and stay on the course and practice green.

Dominant is a bit overplayed.
He has won 8 times in his last 5 years on tour and no majors in a longer stretch than that.

Can he still win? Sure can.
Can he still win majors? Very possibly.
But lets not try to think the clock is turning back and nobody belongs in the same sentence.

He has been outplayed, regardless of reason, for much of the last 5 years on tour. He has shown shining moments and even hints at greatness, but while I understand you are a huge fan (and that's cool), other players deserve some credit because everybody has injuries and they have risen and performed better.

I guess I hold a different standard of dominance. I asked how many players in the last five years have won 8 times? Without having the numbers in front of me I'm going to guess maybe Phil, Rory, Martin Kaymer. I understand that he is not young tiger. I just don't think he gets enough credit for grinding out wins. When he is healthy. I think they just expect so much of him from his youthful oppression of the leader board that his performance in the last few years while healthy is overshadowed by his previous self.

Dominance means dominating the competition.
Tiger Woods is not doing that currently and has not in quite some time.
If you think 8 wins in 5 years is dominant, all the power to you.

Jimmy Walker must be pretty dominant in your eye then too. He had 3 of them last year.
Patrick Reed must be borderline crazy dominant because he has 4 wins in his last 35 starts.

Tiger will never be dominant again imo. So many guys under 30 are so dang good and I think most of them grew up watching Tiger and learned what it takes to be great. I do want him to get a few wins and a Major this year. I think it's good for golf when we have him chasing the record however, media needs to really get on promoting the other guys and not make everything about Tiger.

That was my prediction this past year. FWIW, I think yours was similar too...:D
Yes, but he is really back...this time.

When he is healthy he is dominant. I thought at the heros it looked like he drove the ball twice as well as he did in 2013. He's a grinder he'll get the issues worked out as long as he can stay healthy and stay on the course and practice green.
If you look at his 2013 he win five times. But his final rounds weren't exactly barn burners. He had a bid enough lead going it that he could leak oil but he far from dominated.

Do you guys think he can play the entire 2015 season and not miss any cuts?

I just think people under estimate the injuries. Look at his players win. Could barely stand. If he is what people think he is so b it. I think we are only seeing glimps of what he has left.

No not this year. This year I think he will be Hot Or cold and win 4 times and miss a few cuts. IF he stays completely healthy throughout the year the consistency will come back next year or so.

I think he'll play the entire season, but I doubt he'll make it thru the entire season without missing a cut. That said, I still expect a pretty strong year from TW in 15. Although I expect he'll still be a little off learning the new swing under pressure. We'll hear "it's a process" a lot I'm sure! Ha!

Tiger will win 3 times on 2015, move back into top 10, and win a major.

I surely hope you are correct, but have not seen much positives in his golf to share your enthusiasm. I wonder how much effort and work he is currently devoting to his golf game. May be much less than one would think.

I think he misses 1 or 2 with one possible being a major...maybe US Open

I'm probably the biggest Tiger nut-swinger this board has ever seen. But I have to be honest, I think injury and years of focusing too hard on weights has taken its toll, to the tune of no more wins for him. His body has been put through too much, to endure an entire season. No way he makes all events/cuts.

The only way I see Tiger ever getting close to the win column is if he drastically slows his swing down. I don't give a sh1t about forward shaft lean this and bio-mechanics that... he needs to adopt a Champions Tour swing, and start getting the balls in the short grass and heating his putter back up.

3 wins and a major in 2015? Not a chance! I can't see him winning even once this year. I've loved TW since I was in high school in the 90's but his time has come and gone IMO. He's going to be like Schumacher was when he came out of retirement, a history full of great stories and achievements but unable to complete with the new crop of competitors.

I think he has a good year if he finds his short game, it was the really the reason he was out of the running in so many events, he couldn't hit a green inside 120 yds half the time and he 3 jacked a few too. From what little was seen with his new swing, it's very smooth and the tempo looks really good, very fluid.

The great ones find a way. If he stays healthy I can't imagine he doesn't win a handful of events. I'm not as confident about majors, I think the pressure has maybe gotten to him. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if he won one or two.

Yeah, I see Schumacher and TW a bit different. One still has the drive to the best.

TW know his time is now, I think he will do very well this year.

B7uP5RKCUAEFG1v.png

Tiger Woods watches Lindsey Vonn race in disguise

and one more...missing a tooth????

Back