Robert Allenby Kidnapped and Beaten

I thought this was some type of spoof when I read the title. Hope the guy recovers fast and they catch the guys who did this. I wonder if he was involved with something he shouldn't have been of if this is just a random attack.

That's crazy, not what you'd expect at all, sounds like it straight out of a TV show.

Nothing surprises me anymore. You have to be very careful and watchful, especially if you're alone. Allenby was there with his caddy and another friend, but, apparently was leaving by himself when abducted.

I just saw this, there is more to this story then is being told. I am pretty sure he was up to no good, messed with the wrong people and this is the conclusion. I have been to Hawaii and Waikiki three times, it is a very safe place. Have even ventured into "native Hawaiian " territory with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw this. They beat him up pretty good and took everything he had. Found by a military member in a park acting groggy and out of it about 6 mikes from the place he was at. This is crazy and pretty scary for tour players there.

Saw it on the Sony Open broadcast.... I wonder if there's more to the story.

Crazy stuff. I got the ESPN update about it.

Saw this on Golf Channel and pretty crazy stuff. I do think there is more to this story though. Have been to Hawaii several times and all over Oahu - never had any problems.

Saw this on Golf Channel and pretty crazy stuff. I do think there is more to this story though. Have been to Hawaii several times and all over Oahu - never had any problems.
To be fair, I wouldn't me with you either buddy hahaha

Like many others, didn't think this was real when I initially read it. Crazy stuff.

That is some seriously scary stuff.

The ESPN update on my phone made me LOL. There's gotta be something else going on here. Wild story

Saw that today. Like others, been to Oahu, specifically around Waikiki, without issue. Been to Maui twice and nothing but friendly people even in the non tourist areas. I have heard of issues with locals and "haole's," however.

Wow just read the story and couldn't believe it happened.

Crazy story! I heard about this hours ago and it still amazes me it happened at all. I find it funny though how quickly people jump to conclusions and come up with crazy ideas about why it happened. The poor guy has been through a nightmare ordeal and I hope he gets well soon.

I don't understand, if he was drugged how does he know he was taken to an underground parking garage.

Sorry to hear this maybe he paddled out at the wrong break or dropped in one of the local bra's in the surf or ... maybe he got drunk and checked out some local's girlfriend in the pub

I think there is more to this story other than someone randomly doing this.

Like others I have been to Hawaii and had no problems at all with the locals, of course I drove through some areas that I really did not think I would stop in after dark.

I don't understand, if he was drugged how does he know he was taken to an underground parking garage.
on twitter Tom Gillis who is always calling people out for there BS said "[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I'll guarantee you there's more to this story" he knows something about Allenby & his extra curricular activities.[/FONT]

on twitter Tom Gillis who is always calling people out for there BS said "[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I'll guarantee you there's more to this story" he knows something about Allenby & his extra curricular activities.[/FONT]
Im.lokking forward to the.....'rest of the story'

Rosaforte going to talk about it next on GC MD

edit: they changed him to later not next

Last edited:
I've been told several times by coworkers in the military who have been stationed in Hawaii that the majority of locals aren't fond of outsiders AT ALL, and some of the most racist people they've ever met(toward Caucasian's). I'd be willing to bet he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Haole gets out of line, Haole gets beat...sometimes even if you don't want Beef, Beef still wants you.

Back