Robert Allenby Kidnapped and Beaten

on twitter Tom Gillis who is always calling people out for there BS said "[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I'll guarantee you there's more to this story" he knows something about Allenby & his extra curricular activities.[/FONT]

Rut roe.

I don't understand, if he was drugged how does he know he was taken to an underground parking garage.
1st report last night he said he didn't remember anything but waking up in gutter. Now I hear he reports he wasn't sure he was going to get away with his life. Drugged etc.
I will reserve an opinion until all facts are revealed. If ever. Very odd though

It seems like the media has been skeptical from the beginning. The headline on ESPN last night said something like "PGA Pro Allenby: I was kidnapped and beaten" and the Bleacher Report article linked on CNN used the word allegedly at least 5 times. That approach signals pretty strongly that those reporting the story are not convinced it's true.

Crazy story! I heard about this hours ago and it still amazes me it happened at all. I find it funny though how quickly people jump to conclusions and come up with crazy ideas about why it happened. The poor guy has been through a nightmare ordeal and I hope he gets well soon.
I think it's just that most of us believe it's really unusual to be subject to completely random violence like this. And it's hard for a famous person to admit they were up to no good. Add in that he was at a bar, late at night, etc., and it just smells like there's more to this story. Nobody deserves to beat like that and I hope he's okay...I'm just a bit skeptical of his version.

I noticed the same thing as I was reading the reports. You would think they would have some solid security video if he was actually taken right outside the wine bar.

Robert Allenby Kidnapped and Beaten

His whole "story" smells of something and it's defiantly not nice pineapple smoked bbq roast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
1st report last night he said he didn't remember anything but waking up in gutter. Now I hear he reports he wasn't sure he was going to get away with his life. Drugged etc.
I will reserve an opinion until all facts are revealed. If ever. Very odd though

I agree. I just wonder what time all of this happened.

It was reported to be around 1030pm I believe.

Let me first say that I think no one should be subjected to violence. Let me then say: My gut says Allenby is full of crap.

Where is Danno when we need him.....he and McGarrett would have solved this thing already

going to take a wild guess that this has something to do with loan sharks/gambling.
This is my bet as well.
Or maybe he just got jacked for being a putz in the bar.

Watching him on Golf central now. Dude looks rough.

What most people don't realize is 90% of Hawaii is all ****.

They only show the tourist areas it's just like the Caribbean .

Go one street out of the nice area and you're in trouble.

I haven't been to Hawaii in years, but that was my impression of Honolulu and Waikiki. Just like any other large city. If you get off the beaten path, you can find a bad spot pretty quickly.

I haven't been to Hawaii in years, but that was my impression of Honolulu and Waikiki. Just like any other large city. If you get off the beaten path, you can find a bad spot pretty quick

It's an island,confined,witness account or video of the area will help to bring this to a quick resolve.Cops will get this done and justice will prevail,just my opinion.

I haven't been to Hawaii in years, but that was my impression of Honolulu and Waikiki. Just like any other large city. If you get off the beaten path, you can find a bad spot pretty quickly.

Haha yeah Waikiki is dangerous! No, it's a big tourist area, there are cops everywhere. So this isn't a beaten path deal really. But there is some pretty raunchy areas around Honolulu. And the North shore can be pretty rough too!

My first reaction was there's something missing from this story but having seeing Allenby interviewed by the Golf Channel I'm more inclined to believe him. Sounds like a crowd ingratiated themselves telling him they were golf and Allenby fans, he goes to the restroom, comes out and is told it's closing time and his friend has already gone downstairs to the parking lot. He follows his new friends who are aware of who he is and probably carrying a good amount of cash along with credit cards and gets sucker punched, rolled and thrown out of a car miles away to buy the perpetrators time to get far away and time to use his credit cards (which he confirmed they've been doing). Throw alcohol into the mix and this comes across as more believable than initially reported. I remember a bunch of Champions Tour players were robbed of their wallets and watches in a hotel bar in Mexico so pro golfers have been targeted before.

Not saying there ISN'T more to the story but he came across as a lot more believable today.

That's insane, unfortunately that's the M.O. for a lot gangs in Waikiki and Honolulu, mugging tourists and outsiders

What a shame, our world is very fragile. We think we are enjoying ourselves and safe but yet there seems to always be an element of danger. When we forget to be careful ( alcohol?) we get into trouble. I hope the story is what it is on face value and that there aren't any hidden details. I hope he is able to play nest week!!

An Australian TV station is reporting Monday that it has tracked down the homeless woman who found a beaten and robbed Robert Allenby, but she disputes a few key details of Allenby’s account.

The homeless woman told police that she stumbled upon Allenby not 10 kilometers from the wine bar, as Allenby claimed, but one block, where he was “bloodied and confused,” according to 9News. She also said that Allenby attempted to pay off two men to retrieve his belongings, but they became angered with the $500 offer and Allenby took a taxi back to his hotel.

Allenby, however, says that he got separated from his friends and abducted by men who seemed like “big Robert Allenby fans.” He claims he was stuffed into the trunk of a car and dumped in a park 10 kilometers from the bar. He also said that two homeless men in the park had kicked him and attempted to steal whatever he had left until a former soldier walked over and intervened.

9News also reported Monday
that Honolulu police have obtained surveillance video that shows one of the suspects purchasing alcohol with one of Allenby’s stolen credit card

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/gol...by-story-only-found-one-block-from-bar-011915

Pretty crazy story. Just shows you that you have to be careful at all times, especially when you're rich and famous.

I'm not sure what to believe. Of course, I wasn't there. I'll take his word for it, for now...but some of the other accounts don't add up. In today's world with technology and video surveillance the way it is, I'm sure it will get figured out soon enough.

Hawaii doesn't want tourists thinking its a dangerous place. So if there is more to the story it will be found out. They won't stop until there is certainty one way or the other.

all over the place on this one...already

This story is nuts. I hope if it truly is some dudes that just wanted to beat the crap out of him for his money that they are caught and punished.

Back