Twitter tease about Phil inspired new club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read a while back somewhere that Roger was working on something special. Wonder if this was it.

Pretty cool to see Phil's one off wedge that Callaway did for him to resemble his Eye 2 make it to market.
No joke...when Roger decided it was time to leave our R&D session, he joked that he "had to go design a club." Hmm...

Interesting question. We were shown the XR line and the Odyssey Works when out in California for the Grandaddy, but absolutely NO MENTION of this (or any) new wedges coming.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421851458.615615.jpg

We did see it..Jeremy picked it up...Someone asked about it and it was shrugged off. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has Phil finally found a putter?

Hopefully NASA put a GPS in one of those clubs so he can start finding the fairway and the bottom of the cup. :act-up:

YUP!!!! YUP!!! Love it.

Callaway meets Eye 2.

One of those will be going directly in my bag.

When can we get our paws on this baby????

Green soooo possibly a Masters release?

Do I have to do everything for you? :alien: It's in the article I posted: "May release."

Do I have to do everything for you? :alien: It's in the article I posted: "May release."

Missed the article link but saw it on twitter. Thanks.

View attachment 18292

We did see it..Jeremy picked it up...Someone asked about it and it was shrugged off. Haha

Yep It was sitting there on a bench and I picked it up and checked it out. Darth Finley basically waved his hand and said..."nothing to see here, go ahead and put that down". I think he used "the force" on me! LOL

Holy CRAP!! And I JUST bought my 58 tour grind. I would SO own one of these as I love to flop it.

That is a very... Odd looking wedge. The porting in the back isn't bad, but the grooves all the way towards the toe and the shape? Not feeling anything about that design.

I understand it may work well for those who are a little toe friendly around the greens and such but why couldn't that just be done on a normal wedge?

Interesting design and would like to get it in hand to see how I like it.

Holy CRAP!! And I JUST bought my 58 tour grind. I would SO own one of these as I love to flop it.

just get it and send me the 58 :)

Grooves all the way out to the end of the toe is something I could use on my regular irons, too. :sad:

Uh....

Sharp looking club for sure, will be interesting to see how it performs. That is one heck of a lot of grooves!

The "PM" Grind. Higher toe for flop shots. Very interesting.

1421848337756.jpg
1421848346992.jpg
wedge-847-a.jpg

Seriously? Its a freaking EYE2.

At least Phil won't have to put the Ping in the bag anymore.

Looks cool though. I like the Scameron-esque green dots.

Well.....I have seen Phil play something like this before (shot off spectator porch) but doesn't really appeal to me. Interesting though and like the naming ""PM Grind"

Seriously, what the hell?

This has some potential to be epic for people that depend on their short game to make up strokes.

Seriously? Its a freaking EYE2.

I know he had one in the bag this year (this version) I imagine so callaway didn't have to see him with a ping in the bag. I don't think it's for me but I can see why they released it

I'm not digging it very much, it scared me a little.

I know he had one in the bag this year (this version) I imagine so callaway didn't have to see him with a ping in the bag. I don't think it's for me but I can see why they released it

Its fugly. Not ugly, fugly.

Its fugly. Not ugly, fugly.

I don't disagree, I think the same thing about a regular eye2. I won't own it I can see the reasoning behind releasing it though.

I don't disagree, I think the same thing about a regular eye2. I won't own it I can see the reasoning behind releasing it though.

I'll agree or disagree after we see how they market it.

Just not at all impressed with this release.

I'll agree or disagree after we see how they market it.

Just not at all impressed with this release.

$10.00 he still has the Eye 2 wedge in his bag at the Masters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back