The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, it is pretty tough penalty for smoking weed.

Maybe so but it's in the rule book & the players union had to sign off on it. Nobody's fault but his.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He is obviously pretty stupid for doing it whilst knowing what the punishment would be how. However, it is pretty tough penalty for smoking weed.
Alot of jobs would fire you for the first offense... So he hasn't had it all that harsh.

Alot of jobs would fire you for the first offense... So he hasn't had it all that harsh.

You get drug tested at work over there?

Wow! Roughly how often?

Sorry for the off topic nature but what do you guys do for work?

I was in law enforcement, but I also was drug tested when I worked at a motorcycle dealership, where I drove a truck and fork lift. Over here I bet just about any job where you drive or operate machinery will drug test, which makes sense.

Sorry for the off topic nature but what do you guys do for work?

Work for a healthcare company. It is pretty common to be drug tested for work. I got it when I started but they are able to do it whenever they want if they have any suspicion they will.

That he can't stop making bad choices in the face of substantial consequences makes me think about how substance abuse is a disease (also, FWIW, I read that it was a positive test for alcohol).

Just makes drafting Maziel and not a WR look even worse. I'm sure the Browns are not surprised by this. Complete talent and a complete idiot.

You have to be kidding me. Time to get rid of this guy.

800253f21788e9da2410ac736b52c2c8.jpg

Definitely was topic of conversation today. The story broke during the SIM round and I believe someone shanked a shot.

Just makes drafting Maziel and not a WR look even worse. I'm sure the Browns are not surprised by this. Complete talent and a complete idiot.
In what ended up being an awesome WR draft, granted it would have cost them the earlier pick they used on Gilbert to get a good one

These rule changes are absurd. Bye bye Pro Bowl. Such a short lived stint.

You get drug tested at work over there?
Yup, they don't want people high ok drugs to be driving a semi with an overweight and oversized load... I can't imagine why.

These rule changes are absurd. Bye bye Pro Bowl. Such a short lived stint.
I turned it off middle of the first drive when the fans started booing the two-hand touch defense. It's unwatchable.

He's from New Zealand. Maybe they have different ways of doing things over there.
The "over there" was a dead giveaway.

I wish they'd go back to the NFC-AFC teams for the ProBowl. I don't like this format at all. And all the stupid rules changes....just sucks.

I wish they'd go back to the NFC-AFC teams for the ProBowl. I don't like this format at all. And all the stupid rules changes....just sucks.
It's been so long since I watched a Pro Bowl, I didn't even know they actually had them outside of Honolulu until a couple years ago.

The Pro Bowl is an "event" whose time has passed and needs to just go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back