The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha lynch shows up to media day so he doesn't get fined.
.and will now be fined for wearing his beastmode hat.

#smartman

Hahaha lynch shows up to media day so he doesn't get fined.
.and will now be fined for wearing his beastmode hat.

#smartman

Hat fine will likely be significantly less than the 500k media day no show fine.

I find myself pulling for the Pats because I cannot stand that clown. He really rubs me the wrong way

I find myself pulling for the Pats because I cannot stand that clown. He really rubs me the wrong way
I'm rooting for a tie...someway somehow

If he has anxiety I'm Mickey Mouse .

Dude is a certified nozzle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he has anxiety I'm Mickey Mouse .

Dude is a certified nozzle.

Love that these guys always play the victim. You get paid millions to play a game and you cant answer a few questions? I guess he has plans for after football because it aint gonna involve media.

Love that these guys always play the victim. You get paid millions to play a game and you cant answer a few questions? I guess he has plans for after football because it aint gonna involve media.
Didn't know that the solution to mental illness was to get paid millions of dollars.

Really excited over the Colts and Duron Carter agreeing on a deal. Well, all reports are saying that. Has not been announced just yet.

I do not think he will be Dez, but I think he fills a BIG void.

Really excited over the Colts and Duron Carter agreeing on a deal. Well, all reports are saying that. Has not been announced just yet.

I do not think he will be Dez, but I think he fills a BIG void.

What's his story? All I know is that he is big (6'5"), Chris Carter's kid, academic issues, undrafted, good season in the CFL last year...unless that's all there is.

Ironic how Seattle can have one of the most intelligent players in the NFL on their team and then have the complete opposite also on the roster. Maybe they balance each other out....hell....I dunno.
Marshawn Lynch is extremely intelligent and very well spoken. He just chooses to defy the league due to double standards and he's a champion for free speech. I've heard him speak in length and he's very well spoken when he chooses to be. And it's not ebonics either.

What's his story? All I know is that he is big (6'5"), Chris Carter's kid, academic issues, undrafted, good season in the CFL last year...unless that's all there is.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Character issues that SEEM like they are behind him. Freak athlete, good hands, very raw.

Ironic how Seattle can have one of the most intelligent players in the NFL on their team and then have the complete opposite also on the roster. Maybe they balance each other out....hell....I dunno.

To outsiders, it is understandable that Marshawn may come off as dumb or selfish. That simply isn't the case. He had a 3.2 GPA at Cal Berkeley. He is, by all accounts, a great teammate. More importantly, he spends most of his free time with either his charity or working with disadvantaged youth in Oakland.

I don't know if he has social anxiety disorder but he is clearly uncomfortable speaking to large groups. That being said, there's no doubt that both sides (Marshawn and the NFL) have dug in their heels and we are watching the pissing contest. Unfortunately for Marshawn, the league will win this one.

Didn't know that the solution to mental illness was to get paid millions of dollars.

I dont even know what you are talking about.

I dont even know what you are talking about.
If Lynch has anxiety, anxiety is a mental illness.

Given what he does for a living, and the damage he does to his head, an sudden mental change isn't something that should be taken so lightly.

You know that guy who went up in the Texas University bell tower and shot a bunch of people? What you probably didn't know was that he sought help before he did it, determined that something was wrong with him, doctors did nothing, and he went on a murdering rampage. He asked in his suicide note to be examined after death, upon examination they found a tumor in his brain.

Lynch has gone from doing interviews to wanting to avoid them. These are signs of mental illness, given the state of former NFL players, and just the mental health situation in the United States in general, you would think people would be a little more aware of this sudden change.

What he's getting paid doesn't make much of a difference one way or the other if the guy has a legit mental illness.

And writing it off because he didn't use to be that way doesn't make much sense either. Given the position he plays hit to the head are common, and any hit can change your brain.

But why should we learn from the past?

I get your point Rhyno, but I highly doubt Lynch having an anxiety disorder is why he puts on this act. He speaks in front of hundreds of kids at his football camps. He talks when he wants too and who he wants too. He's a piece of work.

If Lynch has anxiety, anxiety is a mental illness.

Given what he does for a living, and the damage he does to his head, an sudden mental change isn't something that should be taken so lightly.

You know that guy who went up in the Texas University bell tower and shot a bunch of people? What you probably didn't know was that he sought help before he did it, determined that something was wrong with him, doctors did nothing, and he went on a murdering rampage. He asked in his suicide note to be examined after death, upon examination they found a tumor in his brain.

Lynch has gone from doing interviews to wanting to avoid them. These are signs of mental illness, given the state of former NFL players, and just the mental health situation in the United States in general, you would think people would be a little more aware of this sudden change.

What he's getting paid doesn't make much of a difference one way or the other if the guy has a legit mental illness.

And writing it off because he didn't use to be that way doesn't make much sense either. Given the position he plays hit to the head are common, and any hit can change your brain.

But why should we learn from the past?

Marshawn Lynch doesn't have anxiety. He is much smarter than I gave him credit for. He is really good at making himself the center of attention.

"I can't speak in public, but I can make a public show of my wealth."

ojjzgoempbhopyacw0lz.jpg

http://deadspin.com/marshawn-lynch-apparently-ropes-off-his-lamborghini-whe-1608919254

I get your point Rhyno, but I highly doubt Lynch having an anxiety disorder is why he puts on this act. He speaks in front of hundreds of kids at his football camps. He talks when he wants too and who he wants too. He's a piece of work.

Marshawn Lynch doesn't have anxiety. He is much smarter than I gave him credit for. He is really good at making himself the center of attention.

ojjzgoempbhopyacw0lz.jpg

http://deadspin.com/marshawn-lynch-apparently-ropes-off-his-lamborghini-whe-1608919254
Mental illness isn't easy, and there aren't rules that you follow and fall into something with.

A friend of mine is a social butterfly, unless she's alone and in front of a bunch of men, then she breaks down and cries.

Say the media made fun of Lynch before, right wrong or indifferent, doesn't matter. Now he's placed on a podium, surrounded by people he thinks wronged him, and he's required to do it.

Yea, that could be a case of anxiety.

ojjzgoempbhopyacw0lz.jpg

I agree that some of it is a marketing ploy but I don't care how rich he is 500k isn't chump change. Now since he defied the league again they can't fine him for not taking part in media day so now they're wanting to fine him for wearing his Beast Mode hat. Bottom line is the league doesn't want to be mocked so they're making an example out of him by fining him for spitting on the sidewalk.

Let's see:

2008 - plead guilty to hit and run
2009 - plead guilty to gun charge
2012 - charged with DUI

let's not put him on a too high a pedestal of intelligence...most smart people learn from their mistakes.

Let's see:

2012 - charged with DUI

let's not put him on a too high a pedestal of intelligence...most smart people learn from their mistakes.

Exactly he made his own bed with the media not the other way around like he wants people to believe

It doesn't matter if he caused it or the media caused it or whatever.

It's a possible mental illness and shouldn't be joked about.

People wonder why when a shooting occurs, suicide, or mass event occurs why no one saw the signs.

Well, here's a guy showing signs and he's getting made fun of.

Whatever I suppose, one day people will learn.

Let's see:

2012 - charged with DUI

Let's not overstate things either:

"2008 - plead guilty to hit and run." No jail time. $100 fine.
"2009 - plead guilty to gun charge." He had a gun in the trunk of his parked car. Misdemeanor. No jail time.
"2012 - charged with DUI." Ultimately plead to count of reckless driving. No DUI.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not condoning these actions. But we're not talking Aaron Hernandez here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back