DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent Ron a text and told him to get in here and check this out.

Phil thank you for setting this up. 36 holes on Saturday sounds so much better than the 36 Eddie, Cookie and myself tried in August in Dallas, #ShaneMelted
Let me look at my work schedule/some flight costs but this is a for sure possibility I will let you know shortly

Ideal golfer has Canyon West for $23.50 includes meal and range balls. If anyone is interested, let me know. I don't want to be the only on buying one.

If others are in, I will be in also.

Is it bad that I've never heard of Canyon West.
Its not big time enough for you, thats why. Plus you dont like to travel to play with us little people. Lol

I have never played it and thats cause its only 10 min from me. People say its a fun course.

I have never played it and thats cause its only 10 min from me. People say its a fun course.
Ive heard its fun but the conditions are usually a toss up.

dru: I'm gonna pass for now after thinking about it. I'll be living out of the lakehouse from 2/14 through the end of March so it'll be a tough trek.

Its not big time enough for you, thats why. Plus you dont like to travel to play with us little people. Lol

Hummmm, I think I traveled 1.5 hours each way to play with THP'ers last weekend. Check yourself!

Hummmm, I think I traveled 1.5 hours each way to play with THP'ers last weekend. Check yourself!
Ha! I know. Just giving you crap!

Is it bad that I've never heard of Canyon West.

Fun track. More elevation changes than normal.
West of Weatherford.
FACT: Founder of 'Chicken Express' bought it a year or two ago.

Update: This will be limited to 16 at this time.

April 11th and 12th. Golf weekend on the edge of the piney woods east of Dallas.

Saturday morning round at Twin Lakes (Canton), Afternoon round at Garden Valley(Lindale-35min away). Overnight stay at Garden Valley
Sunday round at Pine Dunes(Frankston).

Twin Lakes $60 http://twinlakesgolfcourse.com/ First tee time 7:40am
Garden Valley $45 http://gardenvalleytx.com/ First tee time 3pm
Pine Dunes $79 http://www.pinedunes.com/ First tee time 10:30am

Rooms are now reserved. We will stay at Garden Valley after we are though with the Saturday rounds. There are 4 cottages left at GV that sleep 4 @ $149.

Now is the time to decide if you would want to be a part of this. Figure the total cost for golf and lodging (Saturday night only) around $250. Some may want to consider staying at one of the hotels in Canton as that will be the first round location early Saturday morning. Please let me know asap if you can make it.

1. TBD--------------------confirmed
2. Jank--------------95% confirmed
3. Dave Alvarado---------confirmed
4. Afwcardinal ------------confirmed
5. spring182--------------confirmed
6. mikeg------------------confirmed
7. cookie------------------confirmed
8. Shakey-----------------confirmed..no overnight
9. sposey numbers-------confirmed
10. Truefx---------------50%

Come join us for a great weekend and this will be your first hole...don't be scared:D

hole1.jpg

Garden Valley
4some_on_the_fairway_web.jpg

Our Saturday evening hang out
Cabin_exteriors_web.jpg

Pine Dunes
07.jpg

Count me in for this going to grab my plane ticket tonight.

Update: This will be limited to 16 at this time.

April 11th and 12th. Golf weekend on the edge of the piney woods east of Dallas.

Saturday morning round at Twin Lakes (Canton), Afternoon round at Garden Valley(Lindale-35min away). Overnight stay at Garden Valley
Sunday round at Pine Dunes(Frankston).

Twin Lakes $60 http://twinlakesgolfcourse.com/ First tee time 7:40am
Garden Valley $45 http://gardenvalleytx.com/ First tee time 3pm
Pine Dunes $79 http://www.pinedunes.com/ First tee time 10:30am

Rooms are now reserved. We will stay at Garden Valley after we are though with the Saturday rounds. There are 4 cottages left at GV that sleep 4 @ $149.

Now is the time to decide if you would want to be a part of this. Figure the total cost for golf and lodging (Saturday night only) around $250. Some may want to consider staying at one of the hotels in Canton as that will be the first round location early Saturday morning. Please let me know asap if you can make it.

1. TBD--------------------confirmed
2. Jank--------------95% confirmed
3. Dave Alvarado---------confirmed
4. Afwcardinal ------------confirmed
5. spring182--------------confirmed
6. mikeg------------------confirmed
7. cookie------------------confirmed
8. Shakey-----------------confirmed..no overnight
9. sposey numbers-------confirmed
10. Truefx---------------50%

Come join us for a great weekend and this will be your first hole...don't be scared:D

hole1.jpg

Garden Valley
4some_on_the_fairway_web.jpg

Our Saturday evening hang out
Cabin_exteriors_web.jpg

Pine Dunes
07.jpg

As of now, I'm 95% sure of going to this! Put my name down Phil!

Has anyone ever attended the DFW GOLF SHOW if so , is it worth going too.
Complete waste of my time. I went a few years ago. That will never happen again.
I sent Ron a text and told him to get in here and check this out.

Phil thank you for setting this up. 36 holes on Saturday sounds so much better than the 36 Eddie, Cookie and myself tried in August in Dallas, #ShaneMelted
Hey, but it was a fun day out there. Texas heat isn't bad.
I have played it a time or two. Enjoyed it. But would rather play Split Rail or Sugar Tree if I were going to drive out there.
West of Weatherford.
I knew it says going on the auction block, along with all the empty lots of there. Did not realize who had picked up the pace. Maybe they can make it into something. It could be a really nice trac. The layout is fun.
Very glad to see this. Hope you can make it. Sounds like Phil had a great weekend put together.

Would be fantastic sharing a round with you again Danny - been WAY too long!

Just booked my ticket pumped for this will be my first stay in Texas (been there for single days before)

Say what?!??

This is exciting Ron, can't wait brother!!

Oh....and I live right by the airport so let me know what you need, etc- more than happy to help in anyway I can!

Just booked my ticket pumped for this will be my first stay in Texas (been there for single days before)
Ron and I will be in Dallas late Thursday night, if anyone want to play Friday that would be sweet

Hmmm, I can look into taking Friday off. Shouldn't be an issue.

Dang I wish I could join! Just not in the cards $$ wise right now.. Got to save for a certain something

Put me as tentative. I'll work on the boss lady.

West of Weatherford.
It was actually my favorite course in the area. Some severe elevation changes & a good mix of hard & easy holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back