DFW April 11/12 outing

threeboysdad

Reaction score
Handicap
Old age

April 11th and 12th
. Golf weekend on the edge of the piney woods east of Dallas.

Saturday morning round at Twin Lakes (Canton), Afternoon round at Garden Valley(Lindale-35min away). Overnight stay at Garden Valley
Sunday round at Pine Dunes(Frankston). 50 min away from GV

Saturday:
Twin Lakes $60 http://twinlakesgolfcourse.com/First tee time 7:30am
Garden Valley $45 http://gardenvalleytx.com/First tee time 2pm
Dinner at Posados @ 8:30pm

Sunday:
Pine Dunes $79 http://www.pinedunes.com/First tee time 10:10am

Rooms are now reserved. We will stay at Garden Valley after we are though with the Saturday rounds.

Twin Lakes Pairings;

TBD
cookie
sposey
Tadashi

lightningbolt
jman
dtak
kapsularian

mikeg
buckjob
jank
cwmonroe

Nate
johnnymojo
Pkielwa
Shakey

afwcardinal
kc720
DaveA
puttin4bird

Garden Valley pairings:

TBD
Lightningbolt
Shakey
Nate

Cookie
Buckjob
kc720
johnnymojo

Sposey
Puttin4bird
jman
cwmonroe

Tadashi
kapsularian
Mikeg
afwcardinal

Pkielwa
dtak
jank
DaveA

Pine Dunes"

Nate
Puttin4bid
Buckjob
Tadashi

jman
mikeg
cookie
Pkielwa

johnnymojo
dtak
TBD

jank
lightningbolt
afwcardinal
sposey

cwmonreo
DaveA
kapsularian
kc720

hole1.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like a great weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DFW April 11/12 outing

Good idea Philip as tracking this within the DFW thread would be a challenge.

Few thoughts:

Once we know who wants to play Friday I will book us a time somewhere, right now thinking Stevens Park in Dallas for around 11AM.

If those flying in need a ride, etc on Friday morning let me know and I can help out. Can bring the Suburban so plenty of room for clubs, luggage, etc.

Friday round:

1) #Cookie
2) mikeg74
3) lightningbolt44
4) poser
5) afwcardinal
6) kapsularian (tentative)

Last edited:
DFW April 11/12 outing

I'm coming in from Houston and can pick anyone up from the airport also.

Cookie sign me up for the fri am round if it's around 11am or later as I won't hit the road until 8am after I drop off my daughter from school.

This will definitely be easier to track. #Subscribed!

JM

I'll be arriving at lovefield late Friday and leaving Sunday pretty late. Will have rental so if anyone needs a ride let me know

Few thoughts:

Once we know who wants to play Friday I will book us a time somewhere, right now thinking Stevens Park in Dallas for around 11AM.

If those flying in need a ride, etc on Friday morning let me know and I can help out. Can bring the Suburban so plenty of room for clubs, luggage, etc.

Friday round:

1) #Cookie
2) mikeg74

Shane and I will be in for the Friday round as well. I can't wait for this weekend going to be a blast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I could join the Friday round but won't be able to take off. I can't wait for the April to get here.

I'm in for Friday. Twist my arm. I will take a day off work.

Can't believe than January is already over. Only a little more than 2 months before this epic adventure.

BTW, for those of you who are scared to stay at the cabins, I'd recommend either the LaQuinta or Comfort Suites in Lindale, TX. They're pretty new & both within stumbling distance from Posada's Mexican Cafe. Its good Tex Mex & they have a decent bar with an outdoor seating area.

Hello fellow THP’ers, just want to give everyone an update as everything is set and ready to go. This will be a weekend to remember. We are staying in the cottages at Garden Valley. Each one sleeps 4. One queen downstairs and three singles upstairs. I have never been to see them but you can view them on their website. Everyone will pay when you arrive at each course. At Garden Valley your cost will include your round and accommodation’s. Except for those who are not staying overnight,the cost will be $86.38 plus tax (as long as we remain at 18 staying in the cottages). The cost for those not staying overnight is $45 plus tax for the round. The plan for Saturday is the first tee time is 7:30 am and then every ten minutes with the last at 8:10. After you are finished with your morning round, you will travel over to Garden Valley and check in. I think it would be best to have lunch at GV after you check in. T he first tee time for GV is 2pm so everyone should have plenty of time to get from one place to the next, checked in and have lunch before the first tee time of the afternoon. Dinner is at 8:30 @ Posados in Lindale. As far as the tee times go, I know everyone has someone they want to play with but remember we will all be together at lunch, dinner and overnight. I have arranged the pairings so no one plays with the same person in any of the rounds. That way all of us will play with nine different players. If I get a bunch of request to play with this guy or that guy then some will end up playing with someone they already played with. And as Shakey has said, “no one is coming here to play with me three times”. So if there is someone you must must mustplay with let me know (PM me please) and I will do my best to make it happen but my goal, like I stated above, is to have no one play with someone they already have during the weekend that way we can all play with old friends, new friends and regular friends. Once I get any request I will put together the pairings. There is plenty of time for that and I will wait to put it out as someone might have to pull out before April. Also I will do my best to put those who need to be at the airport early (Freddie) or those with long drives home in the first tee times on Sunday. I expect the last pairing on Sunday to be finished around 3pm if we play a normal 4hr round so remember we will be 2-1/2 hours from DFW airport.
We all know that things happen and the best laid plans sometimes change. Someone might have to back out before April gets here and lets hope that does not happen. There has to be a deadline to back out and it will be March 31st. After that date the Garden Valley contract I signed will be enforced. If anyone backs out after that date and we cannot find a replacement, you will be charged whatever I am charge to cover the slot. The total cost for golf and accommodations will be around $226 plus tax.
I am excited for this weekend. I thought I might get just a few who would want to make this weekend and now look at it. THP has been a great place to meet friends and this just shows what it has become. I am glad everyone decided to make the trip and I think all will enjoy the courses that we are playing as the courses should be in great shape at that time with everything starting to bloom.

Is it April yet?

Last edited:
$226 for 3 rounds at some nice courses plus overnight stay is CHEAP! Not to mention with a whole group of THPers!

Great work Phil, much appreciated buddy!

Thanks Phil! Hey, has anyone ever told you that you should put 2 spaces after a period in a sentence? HAHAHA!!! Nothin but love bro!

I can't wait for this, it's going to be awesome!

Add Ron to that list as well please. I am picking ron up at the airport Thursday night

Few thoughts:

Friday round:

1) #Cookie
2) mikeg74
3) lightningbolt44
4) poser
5) afwcardinal

Never mind it was updated, I am a damn skimmer lol

Add Ron to that list as well please. I am picking ron up at the airport Thursday night

Dammit, I wish I could make it in Friday early now.

I cant wait to see you again my brother, its been far to long

Of course you are.
Looking forward to this weekend. Going to be something fun.

Great job in setting this up Phil, I have been wanting to make a trip out to East TX for a while. Can't wait for April. Hoping I can make on Friday in Dallas as well. Cookie you can put me down as tentative for that.

Love it when a plan comes together. Big shout out to Phil for setting up the dates, times and accommodations. Not easy I know. Will be there with bells and whistles on!

Love it when a plan comes together. Big shout out to Phil for setting up the dates, times and accommodations. Not easy I know. Will be there with bells and whistles on!

The North & The South will converge on East Texas. They have no idea what they are in for.

Sounds like fun guys. If it weren't sandwiched between two out of town weekends I would join you.

Back