Regional Rivalry Is Coming To THP

Looks like I didn't miss much in here tonight..just some mis guided souls and Texas.chest pounding

#regionalrivalry should definitely include some type of "condo crawl". Drinks from each region flowing.

Oh boy, if the golf talk has gotten contentious at times, I can't imagine what will happen if people start discussing over which region has the best beer or something...

If RegionalRivalry is played after December does that mean Dallas can't play?

Oh wait it must just be hate us cause of our anus or something. Haha
0e85af756c464e165b5ba9c3d4996eea.jpg

Oh boy, if the golf talk has gotten contentious at times, I can't imagine what will happen if people start discussing over which region has the best beer or something...

I like Georgia's chances with Terrapin and Sweetwater brews, and a few mint juleps, and perhaps some shine too!

I think it's fairly obvious that NY has the best beer:

GeneseeBeer_zps21faec3a.jpg

:alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien:

Bell's Pale Ale. Michigan. My favorite beer.
AZ has a bunch of good local brewerys, Four Peaks comes to mind.
LA has Abita - Amber and Turbodog, both outstanding.
I would rather discuss regional golf than regional beer - taste is something you either have or don't! :bulgy-eyes:

Looks like I didn't miss much in here tonight..just some mis guided souls and Texas.chest pounding

You know it.

One team ready to go with state pride.

Who's next?

I think our dream of that happening might be just that.....a dream.
Yeah, it would be a nightmare for everyone else.

Getting back to the SWAG talk...

If it's included, just give it for the winning team. That would add a whole other layer of madness & potential butthurt to all this craziness.

Thank you to everyone in this thread today. Definitely entertaining and made my busy work day fly by. :blob:

Don't know how you got any work done at all if you tried to keep up with this thread. I'm retired and find it tough to keep up. All caught up now though, and feel like I'm back where I started. :angel:

Tough to say, as even craft breweries are not multi-state enterprises...see Sierra Nevada, Stone, etc.

That being said, I'd grudging give the nod to California. So many awesome breweries there.

That's one that Texas won't claim.

Lone Star is our version of PBR, and Shiner isn't anything to write home about.

Now, TX whiskey is the finest whiskey blend there is, and when Firestone & Robertson finally tap their bourbon barrels, Tennessee and Kentucky will get a serious run for their money.

California has the best beer and wine. /End discussion

#RegionalRivalry Is Coming To THP

#RegionalRivalry Is Coming To THP

California has the best beer and wine. /End discussion

Hmmm...I can see the wine argument, but I really don't get the beer part at all. No chance Cali has the best beer in the country. Not even saying ohio does, but no way it's Cali. Colorado, Michigan, New York, Wisconsin...I would put those all above Cali. I'm sure someone likes Sierra Nevada, but I wouldn't say Cali hands down has the best beer.

Although maybe that's why you can't fill an event in your own state if everyone is trying to brew beer.

Hmmm...I can see the wine argument, but I really don't get the beer part at all. No chance Cali has the best beer in the country. Not even saying ohio does, but no way it's Cali. Colorado, Michigan, New York, Wisconsin...I would put those all above Cali. I'm sure someone likes Sierra Nevada, but I wouldn't say Cali hands down has the best beer.

Although maybe that's why you can't fill an event in your own state if everyone is trying to brew beer.

I don't know who has the best beer. But, I can say that one of the best beers I've had is Anchor Steam.

Not sure what state wins for best beer producer (I'm partial to MA myself), but I'd gladly sign up VA for the best beer consumption state, and I'm more than ready to defend that claim as well at #RegionalRilvary

Tough to say, as even craft breweries are not multi-state enterprises...see Sierra Nevada, Stone, etc.

That being said, I'd grudging give the nod to California. So many awesome breweries there.

California is definitely up there, and taking wine into account, might give them the nod. Colorado would probably have to be in the discussion as well. A lot of great breweries and beers there.

As for my region up here, taking size into consideration, you could at least make a case for VT without being laughed out of the room. Alchemist, Lawson's Finest Liquids, Hill Farmstead produce some of the consistently top rated beers. But some are hard to get outside the state, so a lot of folks haven't gotten the chance to try them.

Now, TX whiskey is the finest whiskey blend there is, and when Firestone & Robertson finally tap their bourbon barrels, Tennessee and Kentucky will get a serious run for their money.

You guys have Titos too!

Not sure what state wins for best beer producer (I'm partial to MA myself), but I'd gladly sign up VA for the best beer consumption state, and I'm more than ready to defend that claim as well at #RegionalRilvary

I will gladly help you with this

I absolutely disagree with this statement. I would give Texas the beer title BECAUSE of Shiner.

Now when it comes to golf, GA still rules!

You guys have Titos too!
True, but anybody can make good vodka.

I'm not kidding that F&R Distillery is something really special.

Back