The Honda Classic [Spoilers]

I did not fair very well on this Par 3 upcoming here.

5 is where my round fell apart. I was +1 going into 5 and tripled.

Did someone just "baba booey" Phil on the tee? Really?

Are you surprised? It happens quite often.

I can't remember the last time I heard that. It's been years. I clearly have not been paying attention.

I can't remember the last time I heard that. It's been years. I clearly have not been paying attention.

It happened on almost every hole I watched on Sunday last week. It is becoming very frequent. Annoying nonetheless

I had a GIR here, but walked away with a par. I stunk up the Fifth, but played ok from the Sixth until the Tenth.

Do the players typically stay on property at the resort?

I don't think so. Many of them live around here and I think those guys just go home. The rest I think might stay in the neighborhood but not the resort itself.

No 10 was fun for mikeg and I. We went separate directions off the tee, he ended up over in no. 9 fairway, grabbed his bag and hoofed it over. I went about as far left as you can go and still be in Florida. We didn't see each other again until we got to the green. But he hit an all world 2nd shot (5 wood maybe) over the trees and back into play on 10 and was set up with a nice short wedge I think into the green.

Me I played ping pong with the trees all the way down, if I remember correctly.

Man the memories...can't wait for the coverage this afternoon.

That was an adventure for sure. It was a 20* hybrid as my second shot to get back into our fairway & have a shot at par.

Local teaching pro at the Bears Club & all around good guy Paul Scaletta w/ an eagle at 9 :clapp:

Thought you needed the codes to get into the restrooms? At least, that's what it was on Palmer that I remember.

Oh yeah it was. Just ask Dawg Daddy. He found out the hard way that the starter had failed to give us the code.

Local teaching pro at the Bears Club & all around good guy Paul Scaletta w/ an eagle at 9 :clapp:

Was he one of the guys that got in via qualifying at Mayacoo?

That was an adventure for sure. It was a 20* hybrid as my second shot to get back into our fairway & have a shot at par.

That's right. I just remember it was smoked.

Was he one of the guys that got in via qualifying at Mayacoo?

no he was Player of the Year in the Section, won [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]South Florida PGA Professional Championship & [/FONT]received the SFPGA’s automatic berths in two PGA Tour events in March, The Honda Classic as Player of the Year and the Puerto Rico Open as section champion[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].

Tim Petrovic got in monday with a 63 a Mayacoo, which is crazy good, Not sure I have ever broke 80 there
[/FONT]

Tim Petrovic got in monday with a 63 a Mayacoo, which is crazy good, Not sure I have ever broke 80 there

Don't feel bad, I haven't either.

no he was Player of the Year in the Section, won South Florida PGA Professional Championship & received the SFPGA’s automatic berths in two PGA Tour events in March, The Honda Classic as Player of the Year and the Puerto Rico Open as section champion.

Ah, I didn't realize he won SFLPGA. Good for him! I knew there was a playoff at Mayacoo but never heard who won.

63 at Mayacoo is absurd.

Steele with a 350 yard bomb over the palm trees on #9. That is impressive. I wouldn't ever consider trying to go over those from where they play that hole.

Yeah, I had Driver 5 iron into #10 without any roll. Definitely shouldnt be an issue for these guys

These guys are playing a bit different tees on #10.

These guys are playing a bit different tees on #10.

That was a given. As crappy i was striking the ball the time of the BStoneChamp, it was quite the accomplishment for me - even if we had been playing the ladies tees.

I had a great drive on #10, but the wind wasn't in our face. That's all I have to say about that hole...

Anyone remember this guy hanging around?

Today...

B-ykAFVUsAAC4h6.png

cool front moving through, wind could be very different tomorrow

B-ykhLxUIAIrI24.png

Sat/Sun....

B-yk2fHUEAA5uNo.png

Back