The Honda Classic [Spoilers]

Number 6 is a beast. 10 was not near as hard a hole with the downhill role IMO

Hey, I would've made par! Now, #6 let's not talk about that one....

I was surprised 56% took Rory at $600,000. At 30% of the salary cap, he really needs to win (or at worst come in sole second or third) to make it worth taking him in my opinion. If there are more than a handful of people making more prize money than him, than it was a poor week to take him. I pretty much suck at this game though, so what do I know!

I knew people would, but expected it to more like 25 or 30 percent. He has good history here though. I just wasn't ready to take a chance on him.

I was surprised 56% took Rory at $600,000. At 30% of the salary cap, he really needs to win (or at worst come in sole second or third) to make it worth taking him in my opinion. If there are more than a handful of people making more prize money than him, than it was a poor week to take him. I pretty much suck at this game though, so what do I know!

I knew people would, but expected it to more like 25 or 30 percent. He has good history here though. I just wasn't ready to take a chance on him.

Good history and hasn't finished worse than I believe 2nd in his last few starts. He's been tearing it up recently. But yes at that price has to perform

Good history and hasn't finished worse than I believe 2nd in his last few starts. He's been tearing it up recently. But yes at that price has to perform
I hope he finishes last. hehehe

Not really, but I hope he doesn't win!

I hope he finishes last. hehehe

Not really, but I hope he doesn't win!

Morgan Hoffman is trying to do that for me. Waste of a pick pretty early haha

yea I mean that makes sense. It's just interesting to see Kaymer picked at 10% in anything golf related haha
True. But one name is missing from that list that I'm guessing is a shock: Phil.

And as Sergio goes to +5, I'm glad I stuck with my "after collapse letdown" gut pick.

are you volunteering this year?

Nah. I'm going tomorrow with Canes and jhstew1 and we'll meet up with some guys from my course, and then again on Saturday with my family (mom was sold when I answered 'yes' to her question "Will Rory be there?").

Stuck in the office today looking out at the course from my window :(

But he will be 600k the whole season. Doesnt really matter when you use him as he is favored to win pretty much every time he tee's it up. Might as well pick a tourney he has won recently and has success at. (me defending my pick haha)

Number 6 is a beast. 10 was not near as hard a hole with the downhill role IMO

I think they're set up differently for the tournament. 6 plays at 475ish while 10 is pushing 510 I think. For the tournament, 10 is almost always the harder hole.

When we played 10 the wind was at our back and even I was able to carry the bunker with my drive. The hole played relatively easy. Change the wind direction and that equation isn't the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we played 10 the wind was at our back and even I was able to carry the bunker with my drive. The hole played relatively easy. Change the wind direction and that equation isn't the same.

With wind coming out of 220* today, 10 plays pretty much dead into the wind while 6 is downwind.

Yeah they run opposite directions so while one may be easy, the other is tougher. I just thought 6 was harder overall with the water left and the green surroundings.

With wind coming out of 220* today, 10 plays pretty much dead into the wind while 6 is downwind.

Six as a par five for the resort guess is a lot of fun. Not very often you can say you went driver 9i into a par five.

5 on the other hand just prior... Oh man. Freakin ridiculous.

Phil puts it in the drink on #5 but uses the rules to get a putt for par. Wow. Sergio cut it close on that pin position, not as close as I did, but we will see if he birdies :bananadance:

Don't feel bad Phil, I put it in the water there too!

Mike Weir having a tough season so far, second consecutive WD and has made just 2 cuts in 10 tourneys.

Hate seeing the other Rory at the top. Can't stand him.

Phil puts it in the drink on #5 but uses the rules to get a putt for par. Wow. Sergio cut it close on that pin position, not as close as I did, but we will see if he birdies :bananadance:

I put it about 8 feet right over the hole. One of the only good shots I had on the Champions course hahahha. I went about where sergio went on 6, at least not in the water!

I put it about 8 feet right over the hole. One of the only good shots I had on the Champions course hahahha. I went about where sergio went on 6, at least not in the water!
Yeah I skirted the water line on 5 and same thing as you and serg on 6. Wasn't going anywhere near the water.

Number 10 as a Par 4 too. Even crazier.

No 10 was fun for mikeg and I. We went separate directions off the tee, he ended up over in no. 9 fairway, grabbed his bag and hoofed it over. I went about as far left as you can go and still be in Florida. We didn't see each other again until we got to the green. But he hit an all world 2nd shot (5 wood maybe) over the trees and back into play on 10 and was set up with a nice short wedge I think into the green.

Me I played ping pong with the trees all the way down, if I remember correctly.

Man the memories...can't wait for the coverage this afternoon.

Sergio and Kaymer sprinting to a port a potty, then in dismay when they realize someone is in it. Don't they have a couple reserved for these guys?

Sergio and Kaymer sprinting to a port a potty, then in dismay when they realize someone is in it. Don't they have a couple reserved for these guys?

I saw that too. Kaymer's reaction was priceless.

Thought you needed the codes to get into the restrooms? At least, that's what it was on Palmer that I remember.

Thought you needed the codes to get into the restrooms? At least, that's what it was on Palmer that I remember.

These were port a potties. It looked like they ran back down the left side of the Fifth to get to them. But I do remember the codes for the free standing ones.

Back