Lydia Ko - Most Dominant In The World?

I'm still saying Rory right now.

Since July of 2014 they both have four wins (Hope that is correct)? Both reached #1 in the World, but......

Rory has two Majors in that time.

That's not to take anything away from Lydia, especially considering her age, but in a game where everyone seems to focus on Major wins it gives Rory the edge. Though, this is as of right now.
While the stats back him up, he also missed the cut this past weekend. Hardly dominant.

I would say right now, undoubtedly. Love watching her play, and think most of us should emulate the ladies far more then the monsters on the mens tour.

I hope that her, Lewis, Thompson & Wie can all have a great run going forward and get a lot of excitement going for the LPGA.

Last edited:
While the stats back him up, he also missed the cut this past weekend. Hardly dominant.

Fair. Just wondering what would give Lydia an edge? Not trying to take anything away from her at all.

Last 10 starts each:

Rory - Cut, Won, 2, T2, T2, T8, T5, T22, Won, Won

Lydia - Won, T7, T2, Won, T9, T7, 29, T8, T8, T55

I think right now on the LPGA she's one of the best out there, especially lately. I'm looking forward to seeing how she finishes out the year.

Was the tournament she won today an LPGA event? Or was it similar to that silly even that Lee Westwood dominates year in and out? Either way, yeah she is on a pretty good stretch right now. I feel like we see these stretches more often on the LPGA Tour. I mean look at Stacey Lewis from a couple years ago, then Inbee Park in recent years too. She needs to win some majors though. So most dominate in golf? I'd say no and give the edge to Rory.

Wasn't LPGA, I think maybe Euro Ladies tour? She went to this one for the homecoming aspect, not the easy Westwood like win.

Was not an LPGA event. In fact, Lewis and others were playing in the LPGA event in Thailand. Lewis finished runner up

Fair. Just wondering what would give Lydia an edge? Not trying to take anything away from her at all.

Last 10 starts each:

Rory - Cut, Won, 2, T2, T2, T8, T5, T22, Won, Won

Lydia - Won, T7, T2, Won, T9, T7, 29, T8, T8, T55
I like laying it out like that. Just thought it funny to think of a guy who is dominating missing a cut. Sounds like a bad tiger story haha

Im saying yes but I could be a bit biased haha.

I like laying it out like that. Just thought it funny to think of a guy who is dominating missing a cut. Sounds like a bad tiger story haha

Illegal shoes next week for Rory at API.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Wasn't LPGA, I think maybe Euro Ladies tour? She went to this one for the homecoming aspect, not the easy Westwood like win.

seems like it's somewhat along those lines when you check out the field that was in this event. http://www.lpga.com/tournaments/honda-lpga-thailand/results

A win is a win, I've said it for Lee and I'll say it for her. But I don't think that her winning this event solidifies her as being the most dominate. And you know I'm not hating on her, I'm a fan of hers. The girl is 17, too young for Wardy to give her a hug. She gets more impressive by the day. And I like that she went and played there as a sort of homecoming, I think that's a good story.

She's been pretty dominant to be sure. Let's see how the next few months play out.

Inbee Park was pretty dominant winning the first three majors in 2013 (and three other tournaments before the third major), then didn't win for a year.

She's definitely the most dominate female force in golf right now. And to think she's only gonna get better.

Perhaps, but I don't think the LPGA is near as deep talent wise as the PGA.

Pretty amazing what she has acxcomplished at this age though.

Seems year there is a cycle of one person being far above the competition on the LPGA. Yanni to Inbee to Lewis now Ko?

As Lydia Ko won again this week, the question I have is this. Is she the most dominant player in the world right now?

Yes, I would say so.

Lydia may not have won this week T6 but, she's now at 24 straight rounds under par. I think that consistency will make her very difficult to unseed as #1. When she doesn't have her best she can still grind out 3 under. What a talent at her age!

Lydia may not have won this week T6 but, she's now at 24 straight rounds under par. I think that consistency will make her very difficult to unseed as #1. When she doesn't have her best she can still grind out 3 under. What a talent at her age!

24 straight is obnoxious. Everyone has bad days. EVERYONE.

And having never missed a cut is also impressive for her age.

24 straight is obnoxious. Everyone has bad days. EVERYONE.
And the number continues to grow. This girl is rock solid and seems unflappable. Her demeanor when she hit that ball in the water Saturday was like, Oh well. She has that "IT" factor. love the way she slides under the radar for the most part. Not flamboyant at all. Just gets the job done. Mature beyond her years.

And the number continues to grow. This girl is rock solid and seems unflappable. Her demeanor when she hit that ball in the water Saturday was like, Oh well. She has that "IT" factor. love the way she slides under the radar for the most part. Not flamboyant at all. Just gets the job done. Mature beyond her years.

Can u explain the fly under the radar? Not seeing it or how a world number one is flying under the radar

Can u explain the fly under the radar? Not seeing it or how a world number one is flying under the radar
Maybe it's not her but definitely press. She just isn't getting all the hype that Wie did at her age. Yes the GC gives her time. But on the other major sports networks barely a mention of her accomplishments.

Streak is in jeopardy.

I think the streak is over.

Back