Tour Edge Exotics E8 Hybrid - THP Review

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
In for review is the Exotics E8 hybrid built by Tour Edge. This particular hybrid boasts interesting design elements such as a forged cup face for greater ball speed, power grid to produce more flex at impact, and an adjustable sole weight that can be replaced with heavier or lighter weights to change the center of gravity and trajectory of the ball flight.

From Tour Edge

The E8 hybrid is our most technologically-advanced series and it is our first adjustable hybrid. Featuring a 450 stainless hyper steel body plasma welded to a forged cup face, this hybrid delivers exceptional power.

Reengineering the Power Grid and making it smaller allows for more flexing at impact, increased spring effect, and more distance. Deep cut away steps positioned back in the heel and toe of the sole makes shaping shots off the tee and the turf extremely easy. The steps increase MOI and maximize stability on off-center contact while minimizing turf drag. The result is more control and power at impact.

The E8 incorporates trajectory control courtesy of an adjustable sole weight. The club comes standard at 9 grams, 3 grams heavier than the driver making dramatic effects on the center of gravity, and trajectory control. The E8 hybrid utilizes the same optional weight kit as fairway wood that includes 6-gram, 11-gram, and 14-gram weights.

The E8 hybrid is powered with UST Mamiya Recoil graphite shafts - Recoil technology positions over 19 different layers within the shaft to deliver great feel in lightweight options.

• Center of gravity is positioned lower and closer to the face for faster ball speed with less spin
  • Forged cup face delivers stunning power
  • Heel and toe sole relief increases stability and reduces turf drag
  • Powered by UST Mamiya Recoil graphite shafts

techlayer.jpg

In Hand Photos

20150302_184542-L.jpg

20150302_184643-L.jpg

20150302_184653-L.jpg

20150302_184732-L.jpg

20150302_184741-L.jpg

20150302_185408-L.jpg

20150302_185335-L.jpg

20150302_185052-L.jpg

20150302_185119-L.jpg

20150302_185431-L.jpg

Good looking club and 17* could be beastly.

Cool seeing another hybo with the Recoil as standard shaft.

Good looking club. How long is it?

This could be a nice 3w replacement for those of us that prefer low loft hybrids.

Good looking club and 17* could be beastly.

Cool seeing another hybo with the Recoil as standard shaft.

"Feel in a lightweight package" has a nice sound to it. Recoil is getting a lot of interest this past year.

good looking club. How long is it?

This could be a nice 3w replacement for those of us that prefer low loft hybrids.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]exotics e8 hybrid specifications​
[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]model
[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]loft[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]face angle[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]lie[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]graphite length[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]flex[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]#2[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]17.0°[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]square[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]58°[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]40.75"[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]l,a,r,s,x[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]#3[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]19.0°[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]58.5°[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]40.25"[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]#4[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]22.0°[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]59°[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]39.7[/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]5"[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]#5[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]25.0°[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]59.5°[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]39.25"[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]#6[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]28.0°[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]60°[/font]​
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]38.7[/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]5"[/font]​

looking forward to this review.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this one, Dan. Exotics seem to fly under the radar, but they make quality products.

I like the shape of that head. And it's hard to go wrong with Recoil shafts.

Tour Edge really has some great shaft pairings with their clubs.

That matte finish looks nice, and a great shaft offering.

2 hybrid...interesting. I kinda like the look of the club head. I need to check this out in person.

Looks nice, I am looking for a new hybrid to replace mine might have to give this a try.

Nice pics Dan.

I can't decide if I like that shape or not. Initial thought was that I didn't like the sharp corner at the toe, but maybe I need to see it in person. Having owned a TEE hybrid in the past though, they are as solid as can be.

Nice pics Dan.

I can't decide if I like that shape or not. Initial thought was that I didn't like the sharp corner at the toe, but maybe I need to see it in person. Having owned a TEE hybrid in the past though, they are as solid as can be.

I with you at all accounts. The sharp corner and the quite rounded and large depth make the shape a tougher one for me, but their hybrids have always been solid performers.

I with you at all accounts. The sharp corner and the quite rounded and large depth make the shape a tougher one for me, but their hybrids have always been solid performers.

Certainly a different shape than the one I had, but that was from a few years back.

Either way, at 17° I'm going to guess Dan hits it a very long way.

I just got the 3, 4, and 5 XCG7 Betas. Wonder how different these are.

Nice pics Dan.

Yeah, that was something that I actually enjoyed at first glance. It doesn't exactly have the appearance of an overly forgiving head, and maybe that's what it's stemming from. Sharp lines lead to a 'playerish' look.

Love the look of that head shape.

They built their brand around FWs, but I think their hybrids in the past few years have been just as good. I'm interested in following this review.

After hitting the TEE E8 Beta today I am really interested in this review.

I don't know if this would be the right place to post this (please move if it should be someplace else), but will THP be doing a review of the E8 fairway woods as well? Personally I'd be interested in the regular as I don't have the swing for the Beta, but I am curious if it's worth upgrading to from the XCG 7.

Thanks.

I don't know if this would be the right place to post this (please move if it should be someplace else), but will THP be doing a review of the E8 fairway woods as well? Personally I'd be interested in the regular as I don't have the swing for the Beta, but I am curious if it's worth upgrading to from the XCG 7.

Thanks.

Yes they will.

Pretty nice contact there.

I need more time to really discern flight on this one, but I was impressed to see slight heel contact actually staying straight rather than fading -- I swing a bit inside-out so the ball hung a bit right of my target line on both balls you see on the face, but really genuinely straight.

The Recoil provides great feedback through the loading point and into the zone. Something a lot of people will enjoy as they try the E8 and I think they did a nice job with this head/shaft pairing. I wasn't ballooning the ball but I was definitely getting it elevated in a hurry.

Sound was a great balance between iron and wood. I was a bit concerned with how the head sounded by tapping it with my fingernail ( a strange habit) after unboxing, but it is not even remotely out of the norm of expectations for a hybrid sound.

Back