The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Official Rant of the Day

95 deg. In Cartagena today. Might get some work done tomorrow, not a fast paced place to work.

Colombia ? Pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, really not a bad place. Lots of spring break kids here. The local people are very nice.

Same. My wife gets everything from them and they are phenomenal .

Shipping company lost a kindle cover so they sent use another plus a stand and something else for it for nothing.

yup, it's part of the reason I am a prime member and have no real problems spending the $ on that.

yup, it's part of the reason I am a prime member and have no real problems spending the $ on that.
Same with me.
Same. My wife gets everything from them and they are phenomenal .

Shipping company lost a kindle cover so they sent use another plus a stand and something else for it for nothing.

They also lost something for my wife and replaced that for free as well. I was surprised how easy it was and pain free.

Now calling comcast about my crappy Internet? Now that is another story.

Glad that got sorted GregDan. I love using Amazon, and probably don't use it enough.

It was much easier than calling fedex. Haha

But yeah I will start to use them almost exclusively. Good prices and the prime membership is totally worth it for us. I am just wondering if I end up with doubles of everything...

and getting your husband's car fixed so it can pass inspection. ugh.
Can't wait to hear what's going on with the insurance companies now.
Just annoyed by get the run around.

Glad that got sorted GregDan. I love using Amazon, and probably don't use it enough.

If I can buy it, I check Amazon first unless I need it that day. They never cease to disappoint and I am at the point I will pay a bit more because of their stellar service and support.

This is the first time that we've had multiple people vomiting overnight together. It helps that one was an adult. What I dread is the night that comes where we have more than one child throwing up everywhere.

As I type this I can feel myself getting worse. I think whatever this is me have me in that crosshairs now. Ugh. Our nanny decided to stay home to avoid exposure and we are keeping the kids home from school so they don't expose anyone else. I just hope I can stave this off long enough for Courtney to be better to step in.

Oh.

My.

God.

I have never been so sick before that I can remember. I think the worst is over but I still feel maybe 50% at best 6 hours after the worst hit.

I thought we were getting more back on taxes but we are not which is good cause that means we had most of our money to use all year but we're not able to do what I thought we'd be able to do with it

Did my taxes, first year I couldn't claim my oldest daughter, and now I have to pay $1500 to Uncle Sam. Boo.

Days like today made me really want to go to the range, but I had to work until 7. My car said it was 80 when I left work.

Days like today made me really want to go to the range, but I had to work until 7. My car said it was 80 when I left work.

Just to rub it in.......... I spent 2 hours doing a lesson/range session this evening.

10 hour work days really suck.

My rant: cold sores / fever blisters. If I spend too much time in the sun then I open myself up to getting a few of them a couple days later. It doesn't happen all the time, but it occurs more often than not. I can use sun protection on my lips and take a certain pill, but I still get them. I played golf on Sunday then this morning I had a set crop up on my upper lip. Then this evening I have them coming up on my bottom lip. They hurt and are very unsightly. And short of staying out of the sun (which ain't gonna happen) there is little I can do to prevent the from coming up. I have been get them my whole life and and I just get so pissed off when I get hit with a new batch of them.

#Team441 for the win in Legacy. #IAmWithHarry

My rant: cold sores / fever blisters. If I spend too much time in the sun then I open myself up to getting a few of them a couple days later. It doesn't happen all the time, but it occurs more often than not. I can use sun protection on my lips and take a certain pill, but I still get them. I played golf on Sunday then this morning I had a set crop up on my upper lip. Then this evening I have them coming up on my bottom lip. They hurt and are very unsightly. And short of staying out of the sun (which ain't gonna happen) there is little I can do to prevent the from coming up. I have been get them my whole life and and I just get so pissed off when I get hit with a new batch of them.

Same thing happens to me. After this past weekend in the NC sun I have one on my bottom lip now

Why do people who are sick feel the need to come to work? Stay home so you don't infect me. We had several people leave have way through the day. Just stay home! Ugh.

I agree, but our sick day policy was changed last year and not for the better so we all come to work too, even though we'd all prefer to stay home.

Got a medical bill yesterday for a nebulizer that our son needed. $177. I look up the exact same make/model online out of curiosity and it retails for $39.99. This is why our healthcare is so expensive. Is there anything I can do about it? Nope, just bend over and take it. Why bother even having insurance?

I'm cursed with them as well. I found something that combats them quickly. I'm talking a little blister is gone in 3 days. I put some on every morning and I haven't had 1 in almost 3 months. It's called Zovirax. It only comes from over seas. And it really works!!!!!!! It's about the same cost as Abreva (which does not work) but higher cost for shipping. Comes in a tube like Abreva but it's different. You can tell as soon as you put it on a cold sore that it works. You apply it 4-5 times a day when a blister is present. For me it actually works. Plus it comes in a pill form. I Haven't used the pills, not a fan of taking them.

I'm cursed with them as well. I found something that combats them quickly. I'm talking a little blister is gone in 3 days. I put some on every morning and I haven't had 1 in almost 3 months. It's called Zovirax. It only comes from over seas. And it really works!!!!!!! It's about the same cost as Abreva (which does not work) but higher cost for shipping. Comes in a tube like Abreva but it's different. You can tell as soon as you put it on a cold sore that it works. You apply it 4-5 times a day when a blister is present. For me it actually works. Plus it comes in a pill form. I Haven't used the pills, not a fan of taking them.
Thank you, I will try that

Zovirax is the BOMB! I learned of it through my wife. Seems that Fever Blisters / Cold Sores are common side effects of Radiation in cancer patients. She works in research and one of the docs gave her some for me. Its only available by prescription. I was out for a long time and one day was at my dentist. I had a cold sore and he said he could get me something that would really help with it. I said I used to use this stuff called Zovirax. Same stuff he was talking about! He wrote me a script, and I never run out anymore. For me it works best when you start to feel that "tingle". Start applying two - four times per day on the affected area and it really shortens the life span of the blister!

Shane, I will have some with me at the April outing. Bring a little contact lens case or something and I will get you hooked up with some.

JM

The last day of work before a vacation, is it always extra crappy? Feels like I have high school senior-itis all over again. Just get me out of here!

Oh and my rant? Road Rocks!!!!! With all the pot holes from the ice and snow last week, rocks are getting thrown all over the place. Got two hits this morning. One was o.k. but the other gave me a small web. I'm probably gonna need to replace the windshield again soon. Might try Safelite this time though.

JM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back