SeeMore Giant FGP - THP Review

I think the advertising should be simple:

- It takes one stroke to realize the benefit of the size and weight dispersion
- It takes a handful of strokes to get over the size
- The results, for many, will speak louder than the head does

I couldn't agree more.

I would imagine profile is going to play a relatively large role on that one.. I've found the sound to be unique to itself, yet a nice balance between the standard FGP and the mFGP. Every once in a while I get a hint of that higher pitch that is experienced with the mFGP.

This sounds perfect to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But is it enough to replace the mainstay?

Not for me, no. I switched back to the M7 which is putter perfection for me and I got better results overall. The Giant is easier to stroke, especially at short range, but I have found bliss with the M7 PR and that won't change any time soon.

Not for me, no. I switched back to the M7 which is putter perfection for me and I got better results overall. The Giant is easier to stroke, especially at short range, but I have found bliss with the M7 PR and that won't change any time soon.

To be fair, you'll be buried with that putter. LOL

As someone who can get overly handsy this sounds great!

Haha I get it. That's where I'm at with the Z. But it's fun to tinker

Haha I get it. That's where I'm at with the Z. But it's fun to tinker

Here's the honest truth... I love where my putting game is. I trust my stroke, and while it's not perfect, it seems to get the job done more often than not (with the m7 in hand). I'm having some fun tinkering with larger mallet heads to get a better understanding of them, but when GHIN gets unlocked, you can expect the M7 to return to the bag.

I think there is a definitive market for the Giant FGP. It's not a massive mallet, it's just massive - yet it seems to offer a lot of the same valuable elements of a mallet with high MOI. People are going to get it in hand, laugh about the size, and then get over it as soon as they start doing that simulated stroke thing we all do as tinkerers and golf enthusiasts.

Damn you guys making me want to see and experience this beast. Will have my first shot in tomorrow's round.

Damn you guys making me want to see and experience this beast. Will have my first shot in tomorrow's round.
I keep wavering between waiting to try or just purchase!

I keep wavering between waiting to try or just purchase!
Just purchase.

Ben-Stiller-Is-Retro-Do-It-Reaction-Gif.gif

Just a thought. But I wonder if Scotty Cameron put out a SS Newport 2 with a crazy large head on it how the reception here would be. In a world where people want smaller driver heads and thinner top lines for whatever particular reason they state, it's funny something like this is catching like wild fire

For a while, absolutely, but I'll tell you what... After two rounds, it looks quite normal. Only time I thought it looked weird after that was when I gave it to someone else to putt with, oddly enough.

The mind does funny things.

I was astonished when I first saw it in person. The headcover is as big as a driver headcover.

I need to spend a little more time with it but it's likely that it will be added to my collection.

I will also admit that when I had it on the putting green I did notice being looked at by numerous people standing around. I can imagine folks are looking at it saying what in the hell is that.

I was astonished when I first saw it in person. The headcover is as big as a driver headcover.

I need to spend a little more time with it but it's likely that it will be added to my collection.

FWIW, I'm using my Sushi cover on mine.

I will also admit that when I had it on the putting green I did notice being looked at by numerous people standing around. I can imagine folks are looking at it saying what in the hell is that.

Eff em. Or I can bring the L2 down for you and you can REALLY get looks.

Just a thought. But I wonder if Scotty Cameron put out a SS Newport 2 with a crazy large head on it how the reception here would be. In a world where people want smaller driver heads and thinner top lines for whatever particular reason they state, it's funny something like this is catching like wild fire
Fwiw, the response may be exceeding expectations at Seemore, but I don't think this putter is shifting the paradigm.

I'm leaning that way. Just can't decide specs. Pondering a cdm df as well.

Dude- you know you like SeeMores. Stop pondering and pull it. If you don't like it, I'll buy it from you.

Fine THP peer pressure wins. I'll call Alex on Monday.

Seemore putters.... The "hot chicks" ugly sister. You know you what to be friends with her because it can lead to greener pastures, but damn, that's ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Seemore putters.... The "hot chicks" ugly sister. You know you what to be friends with her because it can lead to greener pastures, but damn, that's ugly.

I don't feel that way at all. My PTM2 to me is one of the best looking putters on the market.

Everybody feels different about aesthetics. I do agree that this putter isn't the best looking putter on the market, it isn't even the best looking putter Seemore has put out this year.

But the Giant works. It does what it's designed to do.

I like the visible milling on the sole makes me smile

87656c510cc2052b105abf93f279df03.jpg

Although the Giant isn't that pleasing looks wise, there are a lot of other SeeMores that IMO are some of the best looking putters out there by anyone.

First thoughts after seeing it today: it's obnoxiously big. More than I expected. I only rolled 5-7 balls during the round but never got comfortable. Not ready to say no but will see next go around. Thanks to Aaron for letting me take some swings.

Back