2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon my back is better, will be signing up for a gym. Looked at 2 different ones close by which include the use of pool,sauna and fitness programs. Other gym is just that. And the different in price is only 8$ a month. I will use the pool so I am leaning towards that one. Need some toning up and a routine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 more lbs to go before the trip a week from tomorrow. Pretty sure I am going to get there.
If you have any doubt, you could do what my cousin did to make weight for the Marines (he was 8 over the week before): modified Atkins diet until two days before, then restricted calories until weigh-in.

As soon my back is better, will be signing up for a gym. Looked at 2 different ones close by which include the use of pool,sauna and fitness programs. Other gym is just that. And the different in price is only 8$ a month. I will use the pool so I am leaning towards that one. Need some toning up and a routine.

check out https://www.t-nation.com/training . Cheers

Lots of options for routines. It really depends what your goals are. What your definition of "toning" is.

Any chance that your one lift max would go up if Arnie was there to cheer you on?

New Deadlift World Record

Any chance that your one lift max would go up if Arnie was there to cheer you on?

New Deadlift World Record

That chair at 3seconds got what it had coming.

Straps..........ick

I've got DOMS like a champ from Mondays volume squats. Weakness leaving the body.

Or maybe it's AOMS, and your muscles were preparing for your next workout. ;)

That chair at 3seconds got what it had coming.

Straps..........ick

I normally disagree with straps, in the sense of not needing them to lift normal, human amounts of weight. Like 400-500 pounds, it's still grip training.

That's not a normal or human amount of weight.

Another gym session in the books, finally getting my squats down and not bringing my chest down and bending. Just got to remember to put those hips back and chest high.

On another note ever since I started working out back in November it has now shown in my golf game. I am about 10 yards further with the clubs and now I gotta get used to it. Pretty stoked about that.

I normally disagree with straps, in the sense of not needing them to lift normal, human amounts of weight. Like 400-500 pounds, it's still grip training.

That's not a normal or human amount of weight.
Here's Andy Bolton deadlifting 1lb less with no straps

That is insane

Another gym session in the books, finally getting my squats down and not bringing my chest down and bending. Just got to remember to put those hips back and chest high.

On another note ever since I started working out back in November it has now shown in my golf game. I am about 10 yards further with the clubs and now I gotta get used to it. Pretty stoked about that.

Can you explain the bolded please?

Andy Bolton taught a seminar at the gym I go to. I was leaving as they were coming in to set up. The guy is absolutely enormous.

Can you explain the bolded please?
I have a problem of not using my hips and using to much knees and bending of the back. I talked about this awhile and still owe you a video.

I have a problem of not using my hips and using to much knees and bending of the back. I talked about this awhile and still owe you a video.
Yes you do.

Your "chest up" wording worries me. Especially if you're squatting in the rippetoe model

Yes you do.

Your "chest up" wording worries me. Especially if you're squatting in the rippetoe model
I'm meaning I shouldn't have my chest to the ground. Hips back straight back. I'm just bad at bending my back.

I'm meaning I shouldn't have my chest to the ground. Hips back straight back. I'm just bad at bending my back.
Your nipples should be more to the floor than not. I am not an expert or a professional by any means. Here's my 3rd set of 5 from Monday. Your chest has to point down in order to keep the bar balanced.

e47721860b303aef73e1462145b2f0b3.jpg

Yea I like to not put the hips back and just bend over. That's my biggest problem. I have gotten allot better though. Still stink at kettle ball swings though.

The trainer that I started with when I decided to get back into shape had me using straps for certain exercises because I lacked the grip strength to really work certain muscles to failure, my grip would fail before the muscle group I was working would. He never let me use them for certain exercises such as deadlifts to build up my grip strength. I don't have to use them at all now, but they were useful at the time, especially for bent over rows and exercises like that because I would never reach failure with my back and arm muscles, my grip would give out first and I would have cramps so badly in my hands that I couldn't type or write. I'm glad those days are behind me though.

Yea I like to not put the hips back and just bend over. That's my biggest problem. I have gotten allot better though. Still stink at kettle ball swings though.
Yup. hips back and knees over toes. Get that feeling down. Don't worry about the chest right now, a loaded movement will take care of your back angle.

Yup. hips back and knees over toes. Get that feeling down. Don't worry about the chest right now, a loaded movement will take care of your back angle.
Yea those dang hips are my issue. Can defiantly tell when I do the workout right when my back doesn't kill.

Yea those dang hips are my issue. Can defiantly tell when I do the workout right when my back doesn't kill.
Then try this thinking, instead of hips and knees, think hips back and then knees forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back