Is Everyone Else Just HOT?

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
this weather is brutal. i don't mind heat but i despise humidity. there's something really awful happening in the southeast and i wish it would go away. seems to me that summer's are getting hotter and hotter and dryer and dryer. i am loathing the fact that i have to be in an outdoor wedding in wilmington this weeknd, on father's day, and missing the US Open.

yes, weather affects my moods.

Who's hot? I don't understand what you mean.... yes we have crappy winters, but forecasts like this:
KELO_7day.jpg

Aren't always bad!!!

P4B, that's incredible!!!! please enjoy that for me man! big hairy guys and heat don't mix well together.

The heat is out of control in the Southeast right now. We are having record highs and our heat index is well over 100*. This week temps are in the high 90's and the heat index is in the 100s in fact yesterday we had a feel like temp of 108!

Extremely cold winter = extremely hot summer. At least that's what the weather guy said the other day.

its 10:30 here and it already feels like 101

The heat is out of control in the Southeast right now. We are having record highs and our heat index is well over 100*. This week temps are in the high 90's and the heat index is in the 100s in fact yesterday we had a feel like temp of 108!

Extremely cold winter = extremely hot summer. At least that's what the weather guy said the other day.

do you just stay off the course when it's like that? i couldn't golf in that much humidity, i'd be miserable. i guess you just have to go super early and get done by 10 or so huh?

Who would have thought 4 months ago I'd be here bragging about my forecast compared to all of your's? NO WAY!!! It's been a pretty chilly summer so far actually, my wife is normally watching my daughters play softball with sweatshirts and long pants on. I'm in shorts cuz I never forget how bad winter feels so even when everyone else is cool I'm loving it!

do you just stay off the course when it's like that? i couldn't golf in that much humidity, i'd be miserable. i guess you just have to go super early and get done by 10 or so huh?

It get's really bad. We golfed the other day at 11 and by the end of the round it was really bad. The clubs starts to slip in your hands and for me I start to get blisters. If there is a breeze I don't mind the heat because the breeze cuts through the humidity but when the air is stale you feel like you are going to melt.

It get's really bad. We golfed the other day at 11 and by the end of the round it was really bad. The clubs starts to slip in your hands and for me I start to get blisters. If there is a breeze I don't mind the heat because the breeze cuts through the humidity but when the air is stale you feel like you are going to melt.

god, it just sounds awful! i played saturday morning with erin's dad and we packed it in after 9 holes. we were walking and we were both just soaked and gas'd. i've never ever wanted off a golf course so bad in my life.

not suppose to be below 94 degrees for the next 10 days!!! so that means its going to feel like atleast 100. and i get to mow yards in it.. yay what joy! :banghead:

its getting to the point where i cant sleep at night because its so hot in my room..

i have 3 fans going plus my ceiling fan and the ac is on! i wake up everynight hot or i just cant go to sleep because its hot.. its miserable! :pissed-off:

The highlight of my summer weather is going to Bismark,ND to visit my Dads siblings, 70s and almost no humidity. right now it is 90 degrees according to the weather channel but it feels like 100

I teed off Saturday @ 6:18 ( sunrise was 6:24 ) -- by the 4th hole my shirt was soaked through... by the turn, my hat was soaked through, by the 13th hole I couldn't grip a club to save my life... pretty much a nightmare... but it was golf nonetheless !

I teed off Saturday @ 6:18 ( sunrise was 6:24 ) -- by the 4th hole my shirt was soaked through... by the turn, my hat was soaked through, by the 13th hole I couldn't grip a club to save my life... pretty much a nightmare... but it was golf nonetheless !

It was over 90* at 10:00 in the morning here yesterday.

The heat Index has been over a hundred for three or four days now...

forecast here today. 94* "partly sunny and hot" wtf? partly sunny? come on just say its gonna be really really freakin hot today and completely sunny!

god, it just sounds awful! i played saturday morning with erin's dad and we packed it in after 9 holes. we were walking and we were both just soaked and gas'd. i've never ever wanted off a golf course so bad in my life.

Well, walking is just not an option here. In fact it actually isn't even allowed. I couldn't imagine walking and playing that sounds like a recipe for a heat stroke. Playing 18 isn't nearly as bad as spending an hour at the range. I find that to be harder and hoter because I am not really moving and there is never any breeze at the range.

gripping the club seems to be the biggest problem with this weather. Just like you said by the 13th hole it's so hard to keep a good grip on the club it just keeps slipping in my hands. Plus that causes me to get blisters which sucks, but as you mentioned it's still golf so I can't complain.

Although this Saturday I felt like I was in a steam shower it was so humid.

It was over 90* at 10:00 in the morning here yesterday.

The heat Index has been over a hundred for three or four days now...

Same here our heat index has been and will continue to be over 100 it's just crazy!

It is tough playing in late June, July and August here in Texas.

Early tee times, an extra large sweat towel, wicking shirts and lots of water help fight back the heat. I was at the range for two hours yesterday, fortunately there was a good breeze.

humidity literally drains the life out of me. This is why I could never live full-time in FL

forecast here today. 94* "partly sunny and hot" wtf? partly sunny? come on just say its gonna be really really freakin hot today and completely sunny!

And that it will rain b/w 4 and 6 as it does just about every day in the Summer in Florida. But of course only for 30 mins or less and then it's 150% humidity and the mosquitoes come out to feast.

I guess I can't complain! Around here, it gets hot, a little humid and then it cools off at night :)

Weather has been just perfect the past few days here. Here's this week's forecast:

Today in my town the high is 100. It will get to be over that though.

Played yesterday, tee time of 7:15 AM. Starting temp. of 82 degrees.
By 8:30 it was 90 degrees. Finished at 11:30, temp at 95 degrees. Went through 3 towels just keeping my face and hands dry.
Got in my car and the dashboard temp. gague said 121.....once I got moving though it went down to 113.
Oh yeah, humidity was at 85+.......that's south Louisiana for you.
Shot an 80..................worth every drop of sweat that poured out of me!!

Back