UST Mamiya Prototype THP Event - Live Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Danny, JB, Jman or even Tadashi possibly give some thought on how much the average golfer tends to over swing during a fitting?

what's the big factor in to the swing speed increases?
The SLDR is a heavy ass head. Also, 46" setup and 55g shaft...WITH BETTER DISPERSION

The SLDR is a heavy ass head. Also, 46" setup and 55g shaft...WITH BETTER DISPERSION

what about others. Seems everyone is picking up speed? All these are set up at 46?

4d653bd00d5f8b05c04281fbeae6c8a8.jpg

what about others. Seems everyone is picking up speed? All these are set up at 46?
Danny is a bigger in 46, and for good reason, had a GREAT talk with him on this. I'm a 44.5 guy and I'll be changing

I'm in love! Can't wait to hit the range tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could Danny, JB, Jman or even Tadashi possibly give some thought on how much the average golfer tends to over swing during a fitting?
No way to quantify that, I can assure you from what I'm watching in the flesh right now, it's not an issue.

Thanks for the response sir
Danny is adjusting the hosel adaptor but none of the shafts will be cut down. Also trying a few other shafts if needed.

Just caught up on the thread, it's been a good read and you guys are killing it with the updates. Keep 'em coming.

Way to go Chris jumping right in there! No fear!

Greg.....where is it that I saw that silky smooth swing once before........OH YEA!! Very nice sir.

I want CRW's upper body strength!

23 pages down. and wow you guys are crushing it. Seems like the first coupe of guys have seen quantifiable increases from the XR/UST combo

Taylor!

Taylor gained 4 mph club, 4mph ball speed, spin dropped, and launch went up.

Taylor hit 113 mph club speed, beast!

I'm actually shocked at the club head speed increase.

Danny is a bigger in 46, and for good reason, had a GREAT talk with him on this. I'm a 44.5 guy and I'll be changing
So what is the reasoning for a longer length shaft?

Ya swing speed went up ball speed went up with much less than ideal contact. Looking forward to dialing this thing in

Technically; longer shaft = bigger arc = more club head speed...if used properly of course.

The longer the shaft, the further the head travels in the swing - And that usually means added speed at the head.

Some/many claim that's going to kill accuracy.

Technically; longer shaft = bigger arc = more club head speed...if used properly of course.
Gotcha, what does it do for dispersion? To me, I would think a longer shaft would be harder to control.

Longer means more speed generation, its a fact, plus, you can always choke down. Danny is an adamant believer, plays 47.

I cant tell you all how happy I am with this combo. I've tried everything with my @!&* SLDR and couldn't keep it in play. I've tried different shafts at different length including cut down, and different grips.

I just hit this 46" XR/UST driver better than I've ever hit a driver. I'll get a pic of my shots and numbers from Trackman when I can.

Gotcha, what does it do for dispersion? To me, I would think a longer shaft would be harder to control.

It cut my dispersion in half!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back