What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to play at the tail end of my pneumonia and played horrible. I had no legs under me today and shot 88. Next week should be better after the anti-biotics do their thing.

Enjoying a 4-day pass because my son doesn't have school today or Monday. Hauled him out to the golf course and let him ride around in the cart and chip & putt. Shot an 87, which is pretty solid. I'm at the point where I feel pretty confident I'm not going to hit a radically stupid shot off the tee much anymore, but I do wish I had a more reliable shot shape. That and my putting (37 putts!) are holding me down. I feel better about my iron play than I have in a long, long time. Just need to hit more of them from the green stuff.

Steve, you have come so far from where you were pre MC. It's so awesome to see you post your improvements and wonderful to see you brim with confidence man. Proud for you sir!

JM

Steve, you have come so far from where you were pre MC. It's so awesome to see you post your improvements and wonderful to see you brim with confidence man. Proud for you sir!

JM
Thanks, Johnny. It's actually been pretty recent, I was fighting a ton of lateral sway, which was just killing me. No lie, I watched a video of Gary Player teeing off and saw his knee-bump with his back leg and realized how easy it is to keep my weight on the inside of my back foot when I did it. As a bonus, it adds a little forward press and rhythm to my swing, especially my irons. Been night & day in the past 6 weeks or so.

Thanks guys. It was a shorter course but I hit under 100 both rounds I played at two different courses this year

Smooth 47 playing 9 today. First round of the year in low 30's temps but it was nice to be out.

83 (41/42)

Very inconsistent in aim and length, bad approaches, bad chips, bad pitch, topped two drives, hooked another one. Just wasn't playing the way I'm used to.
Trained afterwards, mainly to improve tempo. Felt better after that :)

Last edited:
44/40 - 84. A good day for me with both the driver and putter working, a rarity that both work on the same day!

10 stroke improvement today. Played Snee Farm in Mount Pleasant, SC. Very old school layout, typical of courses from the 70's. Shot 40/42 or 82. 2 birdies on the day, including a nice chip in.

Back to Rivertown tomorrow, want to beat that 92 from yesterday.

44-42/86
10/14 FW
9 GIR's
34 putts

Took a nine on the par 4 second hole and combined with three other doubles turned a decent round into just an average around.

I shot an 88 today at Silverado Golf Club of Scottsdale. It was a nice course forgiving and fair fairways, but the greens were tricky and hard to judge the speed. Though overall it was a fun afternoon. I highly recommend the course if you ever in Scottsdale.

38 on the slowest nine EVER.

Shot a 53 today. Slowly but surely getting lower scores, well lower for me.

9....ouch. That will mess up a round quickly.

Indeed. 90* dogleg left. Nice 4i off the tee left me 165 to pin into a good breeze. Hit 5i and hit it decently but was all carry to a water guarded green. No splash and thought I was good....ball hit the mud in bank and trickled back into water.

Ran back around pond so I could then chunk a 54* from 80y into water. Next one on and 3 jacked from 30 feet from the top slope.

Blah....

Got out this morning and shot a good front 9 but not a good back nine. Finished with a 47/51-98 :(

44-42/86
10/14 FW
9 GIR's
34 putts

Took a nine on the par 4 second hole and combined with three other doubles turned a decent round into just an average around.

Doubles are the worst, but 9 GIRs is solid!

I played a skins match against a couple scratch guys yesterday and did alright with 6. I seemed to always score a par or a double which works out alright in that format.

44/43, 9/14 fir, 2/18 gir, 33 putts. Today was a struggle. If my putter had been up to snuff, I could have salvaged a decent round. Unfortunately, nothing would drop for me today.

44/43, 9/14 fir, 2/18 gir, 33 putts. Today was a struggle. If my putter had been up to snuff, I could have salvaged a decent round. Unfortunately, nothing would drop for me today.
Hey man that aint a bad round. I'll defiantly give you mine for yours.

11 over after 9.

Yet another tale of two nines. 45/39 = 84. My driver and bunker game killed me today.

Played in some rough conditions today and shot a 46/47. Wind was a steady 20 mph, and I was having a poor ball striking day on top of that. Started double, triple on the front, but settled down and was moving along well until a quad bogey on 16 that I think was partly fatigue and partly wanting to crush the ball to take advantage of the wind. Driver was working really well, hybrids were pretty good, irons sucked, wedges were decent, and putting was decent as well. 3 weeks to get it all figured out.

Was 2 under through 5 after draining a 20 foot eagle putt on 5. Ended up with even par 36 on the front. And then there was the back nine.... Couldn't do diddly right and struggled to a 44.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back