What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ball striking was 100% better than yesterday. Could not make a putt on the slow greens to save my life though. 40 - 36 - 76. Back to back doubles on 8 & 9 and 16 pars.

Ball striking was 100% better than yesterday. Could not make a putt on the slow greens to save my life though. 40 - 36 - 76. Back to back doubles on 8 & 9 and 16 pars.

Good round buddy . If you like fast greens, our greens can make ya real happy.
On occasion they slow em down but as a rule, they are plenty fast. See you tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot a 93 in the first round of the season. Winds were 25mph with gusts in the 40's. Tough conditions but it was great to get out and play.

44/41 for a new personal best 85. A birdie, a bogey and three doubles on the front, five bogeys on the back (par 73). Nothing spectacular stood out during the round, had to ask my friend to double check his math when we got to the clubhouse. A complete change from having no short game yesterday.

Shot a very strange 98. 53 on the front 9. I could not get my speed right on putts, chips and pitches. Everything was super long. Stupid long.

Calmed down for the more difficult back 9 and was even par through 3 holes, 5 over through 6 holes. Then the wheels fell off for a couple holes and I ended up carding a 45 on the back.

Weird day.

52/41...for a interesting 93. Hit irons well pretty much all day. Short game and putting were ok. Driver swing was non existent until the back 9. Best part of the round was playing with Kevin (T2GRN18) as he preps for #THPLegacy. Had some good conversation about the swing and his work.

44/41 for a new personal best 85. A birdie, a bogey and three doubles on the front, five bogeys on the back (par 73). Nothing spectacular stood out during the round, had to ask my friend to double check his math when we got to the clubhouse. A complete change from having no short game yesterday.

Congrats on the PB! You will have to give me 3 strokes a side now.

Congrats, Greg! Boring golf can be quite effective

Congrats on the PB! You will have to give me 3 strokes a side now.
BS, although you only need to give me five a side now.
Congrats, Greg! Boring golf can be quite effective
Thanks, I stopped keeping my own score a few weeks ago, seems to help not thinking about where I am..

Played my first rounds of the season today at my home course and shot 39/42-81 for the first 18 then shot a 38 for the bonus 9. They are punching the greens tomorrow so I pushed through a chest cold to get some swings in. Had 4 birdies on the day with some bogeys, a double and a triple thrown in. Struck the ball really well with my irons and wedges but struggled once on and around the greens. Had 36 putts in the first 18 holes, and that's rather high for me. Nothing that a little practice can't iron out, though. I really want to raise the bar this year, and I feel that I'm off to a pretty good start.

I did. Still sort of surreal playing good golf this early in the season.

37/39 for a 76, with 32 putts. A couple of things to work on. Haven't had to hit many long/mid irons, so that along with bunker shots and putting.
I'm a big fan of multiple rounds in the 70s now. ..keep it up man

Congrats, buddy!

Played Rivertowne again today and shot a 43/49 for 92. Tough conditions with high winds again. Also I got hit by a ball on the 7th hole and we almost got in a fight with the jerk that did it. Threw us all out of our games for about 4 or 5 holes.

I'm fine, have a small cut and a nice bump though.
That sucks to hear, Barry. Hope the next round is much less eventful.
I'm a big fan of multiple rounds in the 70s now. ..keep it up man
You and me both. This will be the first one in-season, but I'm planning on there being more.

Thanks, I stopped keeping my own score a few weeks ago, seems to help not thinking about where I am..

I'm trying to do the same. The score always ends up better when I'm not thinking about it. That said, its really hard not to do.

Shot 82 (41-41). Kind of felt like I threw up on myself all day. Lots of miss hits, not many memorable shots. Amazingly had two birdies.

I was breaking in a Tank Cruiser V-Line today. I really like it. Burned a lot of edges, but I was hitting my lines all day. Just over-read greens the majority of the day. Should be a great putter for me.

43/43-86.

Jumped out of the car after a 3:30 hour drive & managed to squeeze 18 in before dark.

48-46, starting hooking the driver this week. I don't know where that came from but it keep me in trouble all day.

First round of the year, shot 87, weather was decent, game was real rusty......but it was great to get out there and walk around!

42-38 Range sessions transferred to the course pretty well. I didn't over analyze, just went out and had fun. Took a six on a par three (need to work on those bunker shots!) otherwise it would have been a really good round for me.

41 / 39 played a new course today par 72

First official round of the year in the books.

For my first round of the year, I can't argue with the score. However the two doubles were extremely avoidable and I left 3 birdie putts less than 2 inches short. Driver was on point and the putter was in mid season form.

e405cd032f7a932cd94005de4f4f0d90.jpg

Dang good round Sox. Anytime I have back to back doubles it doesn't end well haha

Shot 84 today, but it could have been better. Was striking the ball well and it has been my best day off the tee in a while. Now to just figure out how to play from 90 yards and in....

I played 9 in Ohio on Saturday afternoon. It was chilly and the course was pretty wet. It was the first time I had touched the clubs since October. I shot a respectable 38 (+2). Ended up with 7 parts and 2 bogeys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back