Poll: Will Tiger make the cut at The Masters?

• YES

Votes: 68 50.0%
  • NO

Votes: 68 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
trying to figure out what would be the better story for golf. Tiger goes out and wins with a strong charge on Sunday, or he goes out and charges late on Sunday but comes up short. Either way it would be a good story. How likely are those scenarios? Who knows, only time will tell.
No doubt! That would be crazy fun for all of golf! But I would certainly stand clear of "that" thread haha

I'm not necessarily a big TW fan, but I think it would be cool if he plays well and maybe even contends. However, I'm not sure I see that happening given a swing change, chipping issues and a long layoff from competitive golf.
The masters is the easiest cut to make in the majors. Making the cut would be a big accomplishment given the above, but I don't think he will make it.

I would like to see him not play to win, but play conservatively to make the cut. Hit less driver, reach par 5s in three rather than two, lag putt instead of running it by the hole and having 6 foot comebackers. Then after 2 days if he's within 8 strokes of the lead, get more aggressive and try to work off that momentum to make a charge.

I don't think his body will hold up to 4 days of aggressive swings, but if he's in contention he can probably muster 2 "tiger" days.

I was talking to a friend of mine about this yesterday. We both agreed that, if anyone could hack around Augusta and make the cut, Tiger could. However, I don't think he's going to. I think he'll be close, but if he's not on with his chipping and where they put the pins at Augusta...even for someone who's won there as many times as he has, would still end up with the ball at his feet again.

I voted that he won't make the cut.

I hope he does.
But I do not expect him to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like there is a lot of hope that he does well, but the expectations are just that it wont happen. That's the boat I am in. We can all state our opinions on the coverage if he doesn't do well, but I think the ratings for the Masters will now be higher for the first 2 days just because of the fact that everyone wants to see if he makes the cut or not.

My gut says he will make the cut but struggle and not finish high. Just well.enough to keep out on tour. I think his thread will be extra interesting next week with both sides weighing in.

I wonder how sharp his short game can be after no competitive golf for this long? I'm saying he yips his way out on Friday.

Will he make the cut? I think the bigger question is whether his glutes fire.

Does he make it through two rounds?
I actually think there is a 50-50 chance of both (making the cut or not getting through 2 rounds).

not unless his short game is 100% better than his last outing

I don't know if I care. Maybe I'm in the minority, but there are 10 other young gun golfers I'm more interested in watching this weekend than Tiger.
Not just younger, just other golfers. I like what's happening when Tiger isn't around. :)

As much as I would like him to play all 4 days and do well I just don't see it happening right now.

He will win or WD.

I think he will make the cut then struggle mightily the last 2 day to finish in the back of the pack.

I don't see it happening but I'm usually wrong .

I don't think so.

I hope he does. He knows the course as well as anybody and there's not a hole that he doesn't have great memories and confidence on. I hope it yields good results.

I hope he does. He knows the course as well as anybody and there's not a hole that he doesn't have great memories and confidence on. I hope it yields good results.

Agreed. I just don't know if he has it in him right now

Since this thread is about him making the cut, I am interested in how many of the (so far, 47) who think he makes the cut have enough faith to take him in the THP Masters contest.

Since this thread is about him making the cut, I am interested in how many of the (so far, 47) who think he makes the cut have enough faith to take him in the THP Masters contest.
I would guess it's less than 10%

I believe the key for Tiger is going to be the second shot. When he's at his best he is hitting his long irons higher and landing them closer than the rest of the field. If he is accurate there and misses in the right spots, he should be able to scrape by and make the cut IMO despite his indifferent short game. He knows the course as well as anyone.

Don't have the stones to take him in the Master contest, though.

Call me crazy, but I picked him for the contest.

Back