DFW April 11/12 outing

As I look at the list, if doing a blind draw, you almost have to handicap it. Anyone that knows me, knows I don't care, I will play anyone scratch but in this, lets say Freddie and Nate get drawn as a team, and Dave draws me, there is not a chance in hell for us to compete.
Not trying to be that guy, just thinking for the higher caps :)

Thanks for thinking of me. :)

As I look at the list, if doing a blind draw, you almost have to handicap it. Anyone that knows me, knows I don't care, I will play anyone scratch but in this, lets say Freddie and Nate get drawn as a team, and Dave draws me, there is not a chance in hell for us to compete.

I have a bad back......I may have to use 7 iron on every tee box.

If Nate and Freddie pull the magic trick then they will buy all the drinks. #ProblemSolver

Seriously I think we will be fine regardless of the draw, but will go with the majority.

Why not just go best ball then instead of HCP. We all still play our own ball, all still play the full round, just have partners get together at the end and tally it up.

Why not just go best ball then instead of HCP. We all still play our own ball, all still play the full round, just have partners get together at the end and tally it up.

I like that. Likely to keep the competition a bit closer especially if 2 of our better players get paired together.

I like that. Likely to keep the competition a bit closer especially if 2 of our better players get paired together.

Easier than going HCP's for sure IMO.

Philip:

Anyway you can add all of the round pairings to the first post for ease of reference?

Yes I assumed it was best ball, I plan on playing my own ball all weekend :)

Its not a big deal to me, I like making donations :p

All I was trying to say was, in scratch best ball my example of Freddie and nate as team mates and lets say two 20 caps as team mates in scratch best ball are just making a donation.

But serious, I am good with anything, heck I am going to challenge the panda himself to some scratch best ball, the stakes will be interesting :p lmao

Actually guys, the winners will probably end of owing more at the end of the night than they actually won that day. You should root for a Freddie/Kap team and then take your revenge out on them later that night!

Easier than going HCP's for sure IMO.

I don't think mike was using handicaps. Just random draw then combine scores. That's why Dave didn't want to do it because he has a good idea what he will shoot and doesn't want to bring down a partner.

Yes I assumed it was best ball, I plan on playing my own ball all weekend :)

Its not a big deal to me, I like making donations :p

All I was trying to say was, in scratch best ball my example of Freddie and nate as team mates and lets say two 20 caps as team mates in scratch best ball are just making a donation.

But serious, I am good with anything, heck I am going to challenge the panda himself to some scratch best ball, the stakes will be interesting :p lmao

I believe the initial idea wasn't best ball, but just total. Could be wrong.

I don't think mike was using handicaps. Just random draw then combine scores. That's why Dave didn't want to do it because he has a good idea what he will shoot and doesn't want to bring down a partner.

No, I know, Shane brought up HCP's I thought, I was simply trying to avoid that, but whatev's.

I'm there for fun, only reason I would get in is everyone else doing it. Peer pressure and all that jazz. I could give two ----s if I win.

Got ya. I am use to playing best ball at home, so I just assumed.

I am ready for Thursday so I can hit the road for golf with THP'ers........life is good

I believe the initial idea wasn't best ball, but just total. Could be wrong.

No, I know, Shane brought up HCP's I thought, I was simply trying to avoid that, but whatev's.

I'm there for fun, only reason I would get in is everyone else doing it. Peer pressure and all that jazz. I could give two ----s if I win.

I plan on losing. I'm an expensive drink. ;)

I was just thinking aloud of something that might be kind of fun. But I agree, keep it simple, have a cold one and enjoy the warm texas weather

You are right, not using hcaps, just blind draw and have some fun. Not meant to put pressure on anyone to win or lose. Hell I'll drink enough that I'll feel generous pay the bar tab myself!

Think of this way boys, first two drinks are paid for.

and we can mix it with Power Ade zero and then its a healthy drink, I can give my speech about that after a few drinks :p

That'll cover Saturday morning. Hahaha

I am in for anything and everything regardless of format!

STOKED IT'S JUST ABOUT HERE!

I as lays figured it would shake out like that except both balls count. I like best ball!

Back