The King - Extra Rounds and Travel Thread

Just booked my flight. I get in Friday at 9 am and leave Sunday at 9 pm. If anyone has space to give me a ride to La Costa let me know. Otherwise I'll just use Lyft or Uber.

Whoa, I remember that guy.

Everyone in a 5 mile vicinity of the course does.

giphy.gif

Just booked my flight. I get in Friday at 9 am and leave Sunday at 9 pm. If anyone has space to give me a ride to La Costa let me know. Otherwise I'll just use Lyft or Uber.
I arrive slightly after you. I'd be happy to share the rental

For those of you staying Sunday night, has anyone decided for sure where they're staying yet? I'm tempted to try to find a place close to Torrey so I can just head over quickly in the morning, check out the pro shop, etc. But if everyone is staying is somewhere else and will be getting together for dinner/drinks, I don't want to miss out on the fun either.

For those of you staying Sunday night, has anyone decided for sure where they're staying yet? I'm tempted to try to find a place close to Torrey so I can just head over quickly in the morning, check out the pro shop, etc. But if everyone is staying is somewhere else and will be getting together for dinner/drinks, I don't want to miss out on the fun either.
Yeah, I am planning to stay, but haven't looked into lodging yet. I think it would be better to stay close to Torrey, to avoid morning traffic.

We are booked at the Hampton Inn Carlsbad North.

Anyone out there that is planning on staying Sunday want to split a room?

for those playing on Monday, has the location been decided yet? I definitely want to get in a round with you guys if possible.

I am hoping we are looking at Torrey Pines.

I am hoping we are looking at Torrey Pines.

well if that's the case, then the first tee times of the day are unreserved which should be about 6:15am by the time May arrives. I think a foursome or two threesome should be able to get out. I'll ask a buddy of mine to check the tee sheet for any early morning openings. Can't promise that a foursome will be available but definitely try to snag one.

I thought that was one of the reasons a lot of us were staying over was to play Torrey on Monday with their rates being cheaper than on Fridays. I know that is the reason I am looking to stay over Sunday night.

I don't know if we are anymore due to budgets involved.

I would still really like to play Torrey on Monday if at all possible. My plane leaves at 5:50, so any tee time that will get us done in time for me to get to the airport and return a rental car is good with me.

I would still really like to play Torrey on Monday if at all possible. My plane leaves at 5:50, so any tee time that will get us done in time for me to get to the airport and return a rental car is good with me.
If you are interested in splitting a room for Sunday, let me know. I may also be interested in splitting a room on Thursday. Thanks.

Tim

If you are interested in splitting a room for Sunday, let me know. I may also be interested in splitting a room on Thursday. Thanks.

Tim

Just shot you a PM.

well if that's the case, then the first tee times of the day are unreserved which should be about 6:15am by the time May arrives. I think a foursome or two threesome should be able to get out. I'll ask a buddy of mine to check the tee sheet for any early morning openings. Can't promise that a foursome will be available but definitely try to snag one.

In light of this, maybe we should take a new head count of those who want to try to play Torrey on Monday? Definitely count me in. Alez and sandiegonative - are you guys going to try to get a time(s)? I'm definitely glad to help on that front, but since you guys know the drill and are local, I don't want to duplicate efforts.

In light of this, maybe we should take a new head count of those who want to try to play Torrey on Monday? Definitely count me in. Alez and sandiegonative - are you guys going to try to get a time(s)? I'm definitely glad to help on that front, but since you guys know the drill and are local, I don't want to duplicate efforts.

I for sure am trying to get a tee time. We will need to get a headcount for people commiting to playing Torrey so that we can then decide North Course or South Course. Then based on everyone's scheduled flights out of san diego, we can try to make the tee time accordingly.

I'm fine playing wherever on Monday, but Derek and I are sharing a car, so if we split up (he doesn't want to play Torrey) then I'd need a ride to the course/air port.

I'm fine playing wherever on Monday, but Derek and I are sharing a car, so if we split up (he doesn't want to play Torrey) then I'd need a ride to the course/air port.
I'm with these guys! Dude don't forget that! I'm going to wind up thumbing it down the freeway with my clubs in tow!

I'm with these guys! Dude don't forget that! I'm going to wind up thumbing it down the freeway with my clubs in tow!
How could I ever forget the man, the myth, the runner up in #TheKing... :alien:

Didn't mean to slight ya, bro. How's the wrist healing up?

I for sure am trying to get a tee time. We will need to get a headcount for people commiting to playing Torrey so that we can then decide North Course or South Course. Then based on everyone's scheduled flights out of san diego, we can try to make the tee time accordingly.
I will ready and willing to get a Torrey Pines tee time. Those who want to play on Monday, go ahead and PM me with your preferred course, North or South and what time you will be departing San Diego. I'll get with Alex after I get everyone's input and we will devise a plan for Monday.

How could I ever forget the man, the myth, the runner up in #TheKing... :alien:

Didn't mean to slight ya, bro. How's the wrist healing up?

I know buddy, just giving you a hard time! And maybe nervous that I didn't have travel arrangements on Sunday!! Haha

Well.....it's an ELBOW and it's healing up pretty good. :wink: For some reason it's a little stiff and sore today but it's feeling pretty good. This weekend will be a huge test for it as I'll be in Dallas playing LOTS of golf!

Back