The King - Extra Rounds and Travel Thread

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
Here you go.

I will be driving (bizarro world for me) into San Diego on Friday AM and will be driving home on Sunday evening.

seriously...already :)

Love it! Way to go Fup!

I'm flying in Friday, Fup is going to pick me up and I'll fly out Sunday evening, hoping Fup or someone can drop me off at the airport.

So my flight is booked.... Coming in Friday morning to San Diego around 10:15 am. I'm scheduled to leave San Diego at 4pm on Monday evening. I can always change that if no one else is sticking around for an extra round on Monday. I'd have to get to the airport pretty quickly after the event on Sunday so I'm hoping not to have to do that. I'm thinking about renting a car, but I know others have mentioned the same. Maybe we consolidate?

My plan is to hopefully be able to play a round early Friday afternoon....And then find a decent place to stay Sunday night, preferably under $100/night and play a round on Monday somewhere.

What are all your thoughts?

Love it! Way to go Fup!

I'm flying in Friday, Fup is going to pick me up and I'll fly out Sunday evening, hoping Fup or someone can drop me off at the airport.
Where are you flying out of? Your schedule sounds similar to what I was considering. Looking to either bum a ride or split a cat out in Cali.

Literally just booked my flights. I'll be flying into San Diego at about 5:00 p.m. on Thursday and not leaving until about 5:30 p.m. on Monday. So I'm game for extra rounds on both Friday and Monday if anyone is interested. Will also need to figure out rooms for Thurs. and Sunday nights and a rental car.

Love it! Way to go Fup!

I got you brother for pickup and dropoff.

Sioux Falls to San Diego
TIL Sioux falls has an airport... Didn't know if you'd be flying out of Omaha like you did last year to Myrtle, and if that were the case we could coordinate flights to make it easier to share rides in San Diego. Not sure if I want to fly out Sunday night and possibly miss some of the post-event stuff, or pay for a room and fly out Monday.

I got you brother for pickup and dropoff.
Thanks bro!

Flight is booked.

Arrive Friday 1:25p
Depart Sunday 5:50p

That Sunday departure seems a little early but unless I stayed another night that's the best I could do. If it's too early I can always change things and stick around an extra day, we have plenty of time to decide that but I got a great price on this flight so I didn't want to delay and miss it.

TIL Sioux falls has an airport... Didn't know if you'd be flying out of Omaha like you did last year to Myrtle, and if that were the case we could coordinate flights to make it easier to share rides in San Diego. Not sure if I want to fly out Sunday night and possibly miss some of the post-event stuff, or pay for a room and fly out Monday.
I didn't even look at Omaha once I saw flights from SF were so inexpensive. My flight times are above, kind of an early departure, but if needed I'll change it.

Yeah, I'd certainly have to miss post-event stuff if I flew out Sunday. My flight would take off by like 4:20pm or something to get back to either Chicago or Milwaukee.

Yeah, I'd certainly have to miss post-event stuff if I flew out Sunday. My flight would take off by like 4:20pm or something to get back to either Chicago or Milwaukee.

Same for me. I decided better to stick around for Monday because I would have had to rush to the airport on Sunday.

I fly in at 9 am ish on Friday. Torrey sounds awesome for Friday!

I fly in at 9 am ish on Friday. Torrey sounds awesome for Friday!

If we have time to play Torrey on Friday and still get to La Costa in time for the kickoff, etc., I'm in for sure.

If we have time to play Torrey on Friday and still get to La Costa in time for the kickoff, etc., I'm in for sure.
I believe Torrey is only about half hr away from la costa

I believe Torrey is only about half hr away from la costa

IIRC, that sounds about right. Not too much time on the freeway so traffic shouldn't be an issue.

In that case, we should make it happen.

Edit to add that I'm happy to organize. As everyone finalizes travel, etc., we can figure out how many are interested, what time we'll need to start to get done in time, etc.

I might be interested in playing Torrey on Friday morning. Haven't decided if I'm going to fly in or drive yet.

Looking at flights, I think I can get in around 9ish as well on Friday. Wasn't going to play Torrey to try and keep price down but my wife told me I was foolish and I can't go out there without playing it, so count me into the Torrey group.

I'll be driving in either Thursday night or Friday morning. I would be up for Torrey also. If anyone needs a ride, I am more than willing to help out.

If you guys want to play Torrey, 3 things.

1. Unless you have a local, if you want a foursome your going to have to pay for a tee time. The city does allow non residents to book in advance but it's pricy.

2. prepare for a 5-6 hour round.

3. If you're looking for a motivating round prior to The King, prepare to have your gut kicked in. That course destroys egos.

Hey all,

Was at the car dealer most of the afternoon...
I fly in to San Diego at 9:58 am Friday and I leave Sunday at 10:35 PM on the red-eye. I'm down to get some holes in somwhere...when you guys say Torrey, you mean like Torrey Pines, the one on TV? lol

Don't know if a travel thread has gone up yet but if anyone else is getting in around 10 and wants to share a ride to the hotel, let me know. I haven't looked to see how close La Costa is from the airport so i didn't rent a car or anything yet.

Back