ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
h_201504079557.jpg

You've done it! You conquered Augusta National and are now welcome to attend the famous Champions Dinner at Augusta National. You've got your menu all picked out and everything from your end is all set to go. You throw on your Green Jacket, and walk in to the dining room to see every living Masters Champion waiting for you. In one corner you see Arnold Palmer holding court, while Gary Player, and Jack Nicklaus are doing the same in the two adjacent corners. Who is the first player you walk up to greet? Who do you sit and listen to during the cocktail hour, and who do you want to sit between at dinner? Each champion has their own story about this place, about their win. Whether they won elsewhere or not, tonight and this week that doesn't matter. Tonight you are in the company of Masters Champions. So, who has your ear all night long?

Freddy is the guy I'd hit up first.

Gary Player or Arnie would be my first stop, depending on which one was closer.

Arnie and Gentle Ben.

Its not even remotely close for me.

A younger me would have said TW, but Arnie. Seems like he could talk my ear off and I'd love every minute.

I'd go to each of the Big Three during cocktail hour, and then talk to Freddie, I sit by Phil and Freddie, a king's ransom of golf knowledge between the 5 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arnie, Jack, Gary and Ben as much as possible for me just to listen to the stories, but I would want to sit next to Lefty at dinner.

Gonna hang out with Billy Payne. Get him drunk and see if I can get a membership invite out of him.

Without a doubt Gary Player!

Of the big 3, I'd say it goes Arnie, Jack, and Gary. I'd want to spend time with each. Beyond that, I'd love to talk with any of them.

I can just envision bubba ripping one during that photo. Than everyone so cramped would have no where to go . That would be epic

I've stared at the picture awhile, and I have no idea who I'd want to talk to first. So many legends from the past and current era. I guess I could at least narrow it down to the bigger legends like Jack, Arnie, even Freddy. I'd goto Phil first, but I'm pretty sure he'd try to hustle me for money somehow.

~Rock

Oh to be a fly on that wall!

gary player. dude just has such a zeal for life, and the stories would be awesome. arnie seems to be getting more and more crotchety, and jack seems like he's so over it. then i'd go smoke some cigarettes with angel cabrera and ask him the only complete sentence i know in spanish: "?donde esta el bano?"

Trevor Immelman

I would want to ask him if it ever gets old having to reintroduce himself to the members and past winners that attend each year.

After that Gentle Ben all night long.

Jack Burke would be a guy that would be interesting to talk to. He's the oldest living champion in the room. Won it before any of the big 3 and played it against some of the legendary players like Hogan, Snead, Demaret. I bet he would have incredible stories about the how the course has changed, the incoming of the big 3 and more.

Fuzzy Zoeller would be another guy I'd spend time with throughout the night. I think the vodka would be flowing and the conversation would be pretty upbeat.

2 guys I'd probably avoid, Vijay and Couples. Singh because he just always seems like a grump, and Couples because he's not really that free and fun loving guy everyone sees him as.

Arnie, I've always wanted to sit and chat with him.

I think I'd be spending most of my time talking to Freddy, the dude just seems so laid back and cool.

I'd love to sit and chat with Vijay.....

I'd listen to Palmer. I don't need to talk, he's much interesting than I am

Jose Maria Olazabal, Trevor Immelman, and Augusta native Larry Mize.

Tiger Woods and there is not a close second.

I'd have to say Tiger is my first hand shake. Then I want to sit between Tiger and Couples

Jack Burke would be a guy that would be interesting to talk to. He's the oldest living champion in the room. Won it before any of the big 3 and played it against some of the legendary players like Hogan, Snead, Demaret. I bet he would have incredible stories about the how the course has changed, the incoming of the big 3 and more.
My immediate reaction was the oldest living member. I did not know who it was, but for all the reasons the ddec mentions this is who I would pick also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The big three. Want to hear those stories.

Back