Official US Open Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lefty's iron off of the tee sounds a lot like my fairway wood.

The scariest part of Phil's round right now is that he could actually very easily be two strokes lower or so based on just burning the edges on a couple of putts. Loves to see him get to -2 on his last hole.

no doubt lets go Lefty!

I'm sending Tiger some joint juice tonight so he will step it up a notch tomorrow :alien2:

Way to go Poulter! Way to bounce back after a rough start. Wow barely missed a birdie on 7.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

oi vay!

way to play safe!

nice round Mr. Mickleson! :clapp:

Ty Tryon is playing well and should be around for the weekend. One of the big stories this weekend.

yeah just saw that too JB he's at +6 right now!

come on Mr. Negative aka Rick Reilly! for real this guy needs to go back to SI!

Reilly did one of the corniest pieces I've ever saw just now...

Still scratching my scalp.

Reilly did one of the corniest pieces I've ever saw just now...

Still scratching my scalp.

I didn't hear it, but it can't be cornier than his "poem" from last night. Oh my God, was that terrible.

Kevin

he is terrible

I didn't hear it, but it can't be cornier than his "poem" from last night. Oh my God, was that terrible.

Kevin

Man oh man if Phil wins this..... Can't wait to hear if the press goes as ape for a Grand Slam as they would if it was Woods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

give me those announcers that shoot from the hip instead of this "don't say anything that might annoy Tiger" attitude. Sheesh boys, call the wife, have her reach into her purse and Fed-Ex your pair of "Top Flites" back to your shorts, and say what you really think.
I even put him on my team today!
Ty Tryon is playing well and should be around for the weekend. One of the big stories this weekend.

+7 for Ty, hope that gets him in

what that does get him in! dooh! Tom Watson is in too!

All of my guys made the cut...Barely. +7, +6, +1, -1

-1, -1, +5 and +10. Whoever picks the winner will have a great shot at winning something (obvious statement).

I feel like it's me against the world as I have McDowell, and not Phil.

Poulter +1
Choi +1
Harrington +4
Stricker +7

I almost took Jerry Kelly. Almost went with McDowell over Harrington, too. I like to pick a Cheesehead and an Irishman. Picked the wrong two.

Kevin

I'm rooting for Tiger and Ryo.

Last edited:
I'm pleased Watson made the cut. He has very little chance of winning, but in my mind, this justifies his exemption. Vijay made the cut on an exemption too. There's some intriguing names in the top ten but I'm pulling for Phil to keep the Slam alive. Only five people have ever won the first two legs (Craig Wood (1941), Ben Hogan (1951, 1953), Arnold Palmer (1960), Jack Nicklaus (1972) and Tiger Woods (2002). So it's not real common. But a decent day tomorrow gives him a shot.

McILroy was my "dark horse" 4th legger and I got bashed. Was fun and good luck to the others!

Esox...I missed the Poem, but in his piece tonight I heard; Mickelchoke, Mickelfirst, Mickelsecond, Mickelslam, and I think their were 3 others that I missed! At least!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back