2015 NFL Draft Thread

Cant wait to be disappointed in the Falcons tonight. The draft is usually a good start to prepare myself for yet another disappointing season.

Cant wait to be disappointed in the Falcons tonight. The draft is usually a good start to prepare myself for yet another disappointing season.
I see the Bruce Irvin trade rumor. Wouldn't be a bad start for them depending on what they give up

I see the Bruce Irvin trade rumor. Wouldn't be a bad start for them depending on what they give up

I dont care who it is, we need pass rushers abd LBers in the worst way.

Lots seem to still think Kelly will try and make a play for Mariotta, wouldn't be a surprise but I don't know if I see it.

I have felt this way as well, it would not surprise me one bit.
Lots seem to still think Kelly will try and make a play for Mariotta, wouldn't be a surprise but I don't know if I see it.

Same here with my brownies.
Oh and they will trade picks it's a guarantee I swear they have a really good draft day trade streak going

Same here with my brownies.
Oh and they will trade picks it's a guarantee I swear they have a really good draft day trade streak going
I don't know if they trade both firsts and more for the #2 I think it takes away anything good they did last year with the bills trade

For those who know more than I... What should the Lions be looking to pick up?

I cant wait to see how poorly the Browns use the extra pick they got from the Bills tonight. Kind of hoping the Bills make a trade to get a first round pick tonight.

I cant wait to see how poorly the Browns use the extra pick they got from the Bills tonight. Kind of hoping the Bills make a trade to get a first round pick tonight.

Dont hold your breath on this one. Not sure they have anything worth giving up. I expect them to not have a good draft and continue in mediocrity for at least another year

Dont hold your breath on this one. Not sure they have anything worth giving up. I expect them to not have a good draft and continue in mediocrity for at least another year
I think they have a good shot at the wild card this year. I actually think they will be worse next year . I have a feeling they will lose Darius

Im thinking we might make a play for Petty. I dont mind getting him in the second but dont want to jump up for him. I have playoff hopes for the Bills this year, we do need a decent draft though.

About 10 different logical scenarios for the #CowboysDraft at 27. Impossible to mess this one up..........right?

As a Steelers fan, I thoroughly enjoy watching the Browns draft their QB of the next year or 2 every draft. :alien:

The Steelers draft should be easy, best available DB, DL or LB available. I'd prefer them to go all D in this draft, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them take a TE by the 3rd.

If the right players were available, starting out the draft with CB, CB, LB, DL, S would be nice.

As an Eagles fan I say we cant afford Mariota, but I dont expect Bradford to be our QB so something is gonna happen

As an Eagles fan I say we cant afford Mariota, but I dont expect Bradford to be our QB so something is gonna happen

As a Cowboys fan I hope you do move up and get him cause Tenn. is gonna come out licking their chops if the deal gets done.

I know most of the experts say Mariota is a can't miss prospect. And while I'm admittedly not any kind of QB expert for the NFL, I've seen a lot of Mariota. About 99.99% of this throws are to wide open receivers, meaning he never has to pass into tight spaces; the offensive scheme gives him massive amounts of time to wait for the plays to develop and receivers to break open; he has never called a play and has maybe never had to audible at the line of scrimmage; and he's never been under center. The Chip Kelly offense is amazing - I literally don't think there has been a single QB struggle in that system. Personally, I think there's a decent chance his game doesn't translate to the next level.

My dream Colts scenario...

Round 1:
Shane Ray (OLB)
Landon Collins (S)

Round 2:
Paul Dawson (ILB)
Denzel Perryman (ILB)

Round 3:
Anthony Harris (if we do not go safety in round 1)
James Sample (if we do not go safety in round 1)
Mike Davis (RB)

What are the Packer's needs? LB? OL?

I don't always get in to the draft so much. I'll check in on it and then just go about my business. But man I am so in to tonight's for some reason. I don't even know as many players as I have in the past few, but the intrigue is just super high for me.

What's funny about the draft is. When it's all done, the experts will grade each team A-F.

When in reality most actual grades won't be know for 2-3 years.

But oh, I'll be watching with everyone else.

I'm expecting a very unsexy but solid pick from the Redskins at 5.

It's nice to have a real GM in place for once.

SaA

I don't know what it is about the draft but it probably has a little to do with:

- Getting to see people's lives changing with each and every announcement. Dreams being realized with every pick announced.

- Seeing top players slide and out of the blue players announced on different picks. Drama.

- The anticipation of trades being made all night long in the 1st round. Again, more drama.

- Watching your favorite college team get players drafted.

- The ESPN and NFL Network coverage from the predictions to the surprises. All and all I think they add to the anticipation. Good to see some old NFL'er in the booth too.

Back