Thinking of Periscoping a couple holes during my league play Friday evening.

Michigan Slice

This Guy Cant dance...
Reaction score
Handicap
I've been thinking this could be a cool idea.
what do you all think?

I'd do it on a a fun round woukd hate for it to be a distraction fl during league imo

what do you all think?

I did it at the East Texas Masters a few weeks ago but really kept it to the tee boxes and the greens. Don't make them too long either. Get the guys in your group teeing off or putting and then when finished shut it down and look for the next opportunity to broadcast. Most important thing, have fun while doing it and entertain us! Will be on the lookout for it.

I'm in!

Okay..... Someone fill me in on what Periscoping is?

I must be a newb, What is Periscoping a couple holes?

Hmmm....May be useful at #TheKing? :)

I think it's like a live streaming app... But I could be wrong. I tried watching big time's before and couldn't get it to work.

Hmmm....May be useful at #TheKing? :)

IMO, the more you do on the forum, the better, as opposed to the Periscope/Vine stuff. Makes it easier on people to follow instead of linking out elsewhere all the time.

I know some won't agree with that, but to me since its a forum event, the focus should be on the forum.

There seems to be several on android, most with poor ratings. Is there an official one?
IMO, the more you do on the forum, the better, as opposed to the Periscope/Vine stuff. Makes it easier on people to follow instead of linking out elsewhere all the time.

I know some won't agree with that, but to me since its a forum event, the focus should be on the forum.
Valid point.

I don't disagree, but some of us like to see videos. It is 1000X easier to upload a vine or do this periscope then it is to shoot a video, upload said video to youtube and then post it to the forum.

I certainly don't think it is a replacement for posting in the threads, but it can work along side it IMO of course.

I don't disagree, but some of us like to see videos. It is 1000X easier to upload a vine or do this periscope then it is to shoot a video, upload said video to youtube and then post it to the forum.

I certainly don't think it is a replacement for posting in the threads, but it can work along side it IMO of course.
I like Vine because it keeps it short and simple and can be multiple clips together. It takes you out of the forum and to the app to watch, but 2 back button clicks (I think 2) and you're right back in the forum thread.

I know some like videos, but its rare for someone to be able to find that balance of Vine/Posting IMO. Only the likes of Nate and Cookie have ever really been able to balance it extremely well. Plus, everyone no matter where they are can read and look at pics, videos, not always.

Again, my take. Part of why I stopped using Vine, great concept, just don't like all the links going away from the forum.

In the end, all coverage is good coverage, and someone will be enjoying whatever these guys can bring to the table for us all to devour.

Well I'll check it out tonight. I like videos and pictures and all of the above, but I hope to be able to give whatever folks are looking for from #TheKing. I totally get keeping it on the Forum though.

what do you all think?

If you playing partners are cool with it, I'd check it out.

As for #TheKing, guys post coverage however you want. Those who are following on the forum will find it.

I know some like videos, but its rare for someone to be able to find that balance of Vine/Posting IMO. Only the likes of Nate and Cookie have ever really been able to balance it extremely well. Plus, everyone no matter where they are can read and look at pics, videos, not always.

Again, my take. Part of why I stopped using Vine, great concept, just don't like all the links going away from the forum.

In the end, all coverage is good coverage, and someone will be enjoying whatever these guys can bring to the table for us all to devour.

Totally understand what you're saying here. Want to keep people on the forums. That said, that's why I like to right click and open in new tab then I get to stay on the forum and check out the vine/video or whatever and can just close that tab and I'm back at the forum.

As for the periscoping, I need to check this out. Would definitely be interesting to see it CJ, but don't let it be a distraction, do what you gotta do for the league!

Valid point but if you put the title "HACKERSPARADSE.com @ THE KING" Lots of new people will log on for a while to see what's going on and then they just might look up THP after seeing it on periscope. I look at it like when there are contest and we have to use Twitter, your trying to drive new people to a site. Just my opinion.

Valid point but if you put the title "HACKERSPARADSE.com @ THE KING" Lots of new people will log on for a while to see what's going on and then they just might look up THP after seeing it on periscope. I look at it like when there are contest and we have to use Twitter, your trying to drive new people to a site. Just my opinion.
Agreed. Would be a great way to drive traffic to THP.

Exactly embrace technology and use it to your advantage .

I think it's like a live streaming app... But I could be wrong. I tried watching big time's before and couldn't get it to work.

Were you trying from the twitter link on your computer or your phone? On the phone is much easier I think. Then when you follow people on the app it will alert you on your phone when someone you follow is live feeding.

Personally, I think it would be a great tool to use at a big THP event if done right.

Were you trying from the twitter link on your computer or your phone? On the phone is much easier I think. Then when you follow people on the app it will alert you on your phone when someone you follow is live feeding.

Personally, I think it would be a great tool to use at a big THP event if done right.
I agree and personally I will admit I don't follow every post in an event thread that I am not a part of. I may be in the minority but it is just the way it is. I am much more likely to follow along watching the videos than I am reading 100 pages .

It was through your Twitter links on my phone. It's possible I was too late, and I didn't have the app installed (don't know if you need to). It just said it was unavailable, I think...

I agree and personally I will admit I don't follow every post in an event thread that I am not a part of. I may be in the minority but it is just the way it is. I am much more likely to follow along watching the videos than I am reading 100 pages .

The one downside is it does suck up ones phone battery, on both ends. I know the people that were following along on the few we did at Garden Valley were asking me to do more before we finished. It's an interesting concept for sure.

It was through your Twitter links. It's possible I was too late, and I didn't have the app installed (don't know if you need to). It just said it was unavailable, I think...

Whenever the broadcast goes live a tweet is sent out. If the broadcast has been stopped it will show as unavailable.

Back