The best shot of the round

194 yard par 3 with water left and back, and OB right. I hit a towering 6i with a nice little draw right at the pin. It ended up 20 feet high, but on this hole I will take that every time. What made this my best shot of the round was that I did a good job relaxing, visualizing, setting up, and keeping a nice tempo. On the practice range I can hit this shot over and over; on course with high risk, particularly left, I have not done so well. Very pleased.

Managed to hit a PW from 142yds to two feet in a hail storm. I'd say that qualifies as the best shot today.

bbedcb00ca7f5fe9dc63f996ad191910.jpg

driving it over the green on a par 4 today. That was fun

Only good shot today was a greenside bunker shot.....bunker is about 5 feet below the green level and pin was probably 20 feet on the green....SmartSole wedge nice and crisp...ball hit took one hop and then stopped dead less than 18 inches from the cup....too bad it was to save a double :banghead:

Managed to hit a PW from 142yds to two feet in a hail storm. I'd say that qualifies as the best shot today.

bbedcb00ca7f5fe9dc63f996ad191910.jpg

How did you know which one was your ball???

That's crazy!

How did you know which one was your ball???

That's crazy!
Thankfully, I was using a yellow ball. If you look real close you can see it glowing there by the pin.

It literally took 5 minutes for the greens to get like that

Par 3 today around 140 hit a nice high 8 iron that was right at the pin. Ended up 4 feet short and then proceeded to miss the effing birdie putt

Playing with Cpljohnst, Paladin, & Adwillingham yesterday.I had a pretty cool approach shot on par 3 # fifth at Hard Labor Creek yesterday at about 160 ish. I hit a six iron as the hole was gradually uphill and my shot flew over the pin and stopped about eight feet away. Made birdie. Had another good one on 18 with an up hill approach approx 155 over a deep bunker and flew it over pin to about 4 foot. Missed that bird. :at-wits-end:

Last edited:
A GW from 120 to about 3 feet to set up a birdie on a par 3 in which the tees were playing up a little.

Par 5 4th is a 520 yard uphill/downhill double dogleg par 5 hitting to a blind green.

I hit a great drive and followed that up with a perfect 4 hybo leaving me 10' for eagle.

I hit what is probably the longest drive of my life. Really turned through one and launched a high draw with the wind on a par 5. Had to go back after the round with my friend's GPS to measure it. 334 (I usually hit it like 270). A perfect combination of trajectory, ball speed, wind, fairway firmness and probably a fortunate kick.

187 to pin with the green way below the box par 3. 8 iron with a small draw to within 4 feet. It was the shot that brought my game back to life after a awful star.

This was a wind-aided PW from 139:

fdc49c10f11f1ae6e078fe7e791dbebe.jpg

I hit other approaches closer today, so why is this my best shot? Well, I pulled 5 Deep off the tee, and I'm so used to the big right to left swing with my driver, I subconsciously flared the ball out to the right--and it stayed there--carrying a bunker and rolling down a hill into some long grass. I had to take an unplayable and dropped in a really gnarly uneven patch of downhill/sidehill grass. That shot, from that spot, to avoid a blowup hole, was absolutely my best shot of the round.

79m, into wind, blind shot. Sandwedge from deep rough after push-fading my driver right about 20 meters..

full.jpg

Tap in birdie, always nice!

my best shot today was drive on 18. 510 yd par 5. Slight helping wind. Bunker at 230 yds on right side of fairway with OB down entire left and right side of hole. Hit driver down left side and got some roll out. 323 yds later I had 187 yds to center of green left for second shot. Walked away with tap in par.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6i from a fairway bunker 170 out to about 12 feet. Missed to the putt for bird, tapped in for par.

THIS CLOSE to holing out from 60 yards out. Argh!!

aafb5fc4a6e61a1c4fd1b61348528af0.jpg

Great round today. Most memorable shot was a bunker shot to a short sided pin to 3 inches.

Yesterday I had 210 into a par 5 into a headwind. I had been swinging pretty well, so I went for it with a hybrid. I hit a perfect shot that carried right to the center. 25 feet for eagle! Easiest birdie of the day.

At first it was going to be the tee shot on the par 3 17th from 155 to 4'. Then I missed the birdie putt. Annoyed, I went to the par 4 18th playing 305. The couple of times I've played this hole before I took a shorter club. This time my first instinct was to pull driver. Best tee shot of the day with that club. About 265 and landed middle of the fairway. Walked off with a birdie to end the round.

The best shot of yesterday's round was the one putt of any mention that I did make.
An 18 footer to save par.

Trying to fix the dreaded hooks, I pushed a drive on opposite fairway. Had to run out between groups in front of guys waiting to tee off & hit the most awesome high 8 iron (~145 yds) over a really high tree which totally blocked me to 3 ft. Got a standing ovation from the tee box - LOL

Back