Anyone an Uber Driver?

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
So for fun I decided to sign up for Uber to make a little side cash and today was my first go at it. Have to say I was a bit underwhelmed at the amount of pickups and the money I made in my first few runs. Anyone else doing this any tricks you might be able to share?

I would flag you down/hire you Fupresti.

So for fun I decided to sign up for Uber to make a little side cash and today was my first go at it. Have to say I was a bit underwhelmed at the amount of pickups and the money I made in my first few runs. Anyone else doing this any tricks you might be able to share?
Wait... Are you asking about turning tricks to make extra cash? Don't think that is part of uber: alien:

Yeah I was doing it for a few months but I didn't get enough customers.
The busiest times though are weekend nights. After 11pm. The drunks don't come out until late!

Sounds interesting. Meet any cool people?

Sounds interesting. Meet any cool people?

I picked up 4 people today, all in their early 20's and 2 of the 4 were high when I picked them up.

Wait... Are you asking about turning tricks to make extra cash? Don't think that is part of uber: alien:

These Apex MB's arent cheap.

How does one sign up to be an Uber driver?

Anyone else surprised to see Fupresti with a thread about a new driver?

Nah, me neither. :banana:

I've read about 3 studies on this and the income seemed to be pretty abysmal.

Wasn't even factoring in the extra wear and tear on your car and fuel.

I picked up 4 people today, all in their early 20's and 2 of the 4 were high when I picked them up.
Lol sounds about right

Anyone else surprised to see Fupresti with a thread about a new driver?

Nah, me neither. :banana:
"I'm here all week! Try the veal! Tip your waiters and bartenders!"

Fup - I hear that a number of ppl turn on their Uber stuff on their way home from work, see if they can get some $$ for their ride home.
I use Uber when I am headed out for the weekend, most of the guys who pick me up shut their phones off around 11 so they do not have to deal w drunks.

I've thought about it, maybe I'll give it a shot next week, easy to sign up?

Wait...is this why you agreed to pick me up at the Airport in Savannah?!

I've thought about it, maybe I'll give it a shot next week, easy to sign up?

Not really. I had to get my vehicle inspected and the background checks took about 2 weeks.

I thought about doing this when Uber was here for about 3 weeks a few months ago, they were shut down by the courts...now it looks like the battle with the cabbies is about to begin. Uber to start up here in Las Vegas sometime next month.

Maybe the Uhaul sign threw them off ?

I've thought about trying it but Uber doesn't yet cover the area I live in. I've read the $$$ is pretty underwhelming though. Gotta stay up late to get lots of rides I'm sure.

2 of the trips were about 3 miles and 2 were about a mile.

so I guess what we've learned so far is that 50% of people are too lazy to walk a mile.

Back