The Official Tiger Woods Thread

TW's back in the field this week, and per a few sources is playing a practice round at Chambers Bay today. If he's going to win any tournaments in 2015, this week will probably be his best chance based on previous results and the state of his game. I think he'll play "reasonably" well and make the cut, but who knows how he'll fare if he's in contention on the weekend

Last edited:
TW's back in the field this week, and per a few sources is playing a practice round at Chambers Bay today. If he's going to win any tournaments in 2014, this week will probably be his best chance based on previous results and the state of his game. I think he'll play "reasonably" well and make the cut, but who knows how he'll fare if he's in contention on the weekend

he won't win any in 2014. 2015 though, still has more than a few chances to go hehe

TW's back in the field this week, and per a few sources is playing a practice round at Chambers Bay today. If he's going to win any tournaments in 2014, this week will probably be his best chance based on previous results and the state of his game. I think he'll play "reasonably" well and make the cut, but who knows how he'll fare if he's in contention on the weekend

I really would love to know what he thinks of Chambers.

No doubt, I stand by all my mood swings on him. Always a fan, but very critical at times. But never was that was prior to the accident. He did no wrong in my eyes. Now older and some what wiser I guess I notice more now than before, eyes are more open.

You hit the nail right on the head, Freddie. Before that accident I felt like Tiger Woods was the perfect role model for anyone. He became my new Ken Griffey Jr. Then, he became human as a result of all of the dirt coming up on him. I remember when Michael Jordan was the king of Chicago....heck...the sports world. Nike and Gatorade had us all convinced he was infallible as well. Then after he retired and information became more readily available via the internet and tell all books, and we found out that MJ is really a vindictive jerk. I think all major figures in sports have their faults, though.

I'd love to see guys like Bobby Jones, Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, and Ben Hogan play in today's media environment. When they were at the peaks of their game the media was really easy on the big stars because the writers needed to keep their jobs and did their best to stay on a player's good side so they could continue to get stories. With American sports, and I guess America as a whole, people are impressed by the rise of a start, but will pay to watch that star fall. I don't remember it being like that when I was younger. If a guy did something, you heard about it maybe once and it went away. Now there are so many "media" outlets who make their money by shooting stars out of the sky.

Back to Tiger, is he an "ideal" role model that I would want a child of mine to be, not so much as it pertains to his private life. But his golf game, his mental approach and immensely competitive attitude are all things that I would love to just download into my daughter's brain. Tiger is a once a generation talent. Golf waited almost 20 years for another Jack-like talent, and it may be another 10-15 years before we see another Tiger-like talent. Not discrediting anything Rory, Jordan or the other good young players rising today, but none of the have been able to dominate on a consistent basis the way Tiger did. And to be honest, there will never be another Tiger. Just like there will be another Jack, Arnie, Byron, Ben, or Bobby.

I really would love to know what he thinks of Chambers.
I heard he called IJP and told him to man up. He went on to say he blew it all over the lot and got up and down from a paper bag on 49% of the holes. Carded a 65 on bad ball.

Did I mention I was kidding about the above....

Did I mention I was kidding about the above....
I'm glad you added that....otherwise the interwebs would have blown up. :laughing::laughing:

Nice analysis by Brandel of Tiger's swing today versus 2000 at Pebble. Seems to me he's coming in way too far inside then blocks out his lower body.

Nice analysis by Brandel of Tiger's swing today versus 2000 at Pebble. Seems to me he's coming in way too far inside then blocks out his lower body.
Amazing because Frederick Kong has been saying that for years.

Not surprised. Freddie knows his stuff.

Not surprised. Freddie knows his stuff.
Tiger, when he was with Butch took the club straight back. The club head actually traveled outside his hands and then up. With Haney he started inside but had great arm speed. Foley slowed that down by adding the body to the swing. Now Chris is working on the swing TW wants.

The Butch take away would fix a great deal of his woes.

Amazing because Frederick Kong has been saying that for years.
If only I was a house hold name, I'd be taken seriously.

417538597f8349d9239238e5ff69aba4.jpg

7dcda851b5774b564aa3d8979a1eac8d.jpg

Broke down his swing this morning. I think his issue is the lower half not the upper half. As he has gotten older, he had put on more mass and gotten closer to the ball at address. He is so crowded at address that he has to su k the club inside. This is fine if you have room to swing. But if your operating in tight areas that club needs to travel straight back and up. At this point you drive the legs and either drop inside or down the line depending on the shot desire.

7f9f0e3e6c3e2856e90892aef428fbf7.jpg

241674761da4e93a905368bda7ab320b.jpg

3ea2881dc7afa2cea9759cabf39faf5b.jpg

21c306e1cc902fe2d2c0ab0b60daaefa.jpg

He does so much right but it means nothing if you can't execute. They have to get him standing taller and create space

47807810086d5ccb2d988f55b5c4c040.jpg

Left Frame is top of the swing. Right frame is his first move into ball. Great restricted shoulders and released hips. Lots of power if delivered correctly. His issue is he is too squat at address, get even worse on transition but no longer snaps left leg or swings up, just gets stuck and has to flip.

What you don't see is the club head has followed his head drop and changed his plane. If he stood taller and squared to left frame, he would be money. He was longer in 2000 and 40 lbs lighter. He could afford to get stuck, his legs didn't get in the way.

Freddie, is he trying too hard?

Freddie, is he trying too hard?
No, I think he doing what he thinks is right. And Chris needs to ask why he getting stuck which doesn't seem to be the case. Is TW trying to play hard, he'll yes. He turned 78 into 73 yestrrday.so he knows how to play but been handcuffed with lack of space to swing.

He is trying hard to get club out in front so he can swing down the line. But he isnt trying too hard.

Was he really 40 lbs lighter as a 25yo? Do you think he is still doing all those swing/squat/stuck stuff because he is trying to chase lost yardage due to age/injuries? Getting old sucks.

Don't most guys try to simplify their swings as they get older (ie Steve Stricker style) whereas Tiger seems to make his more and more complicated especially with the driver.

Don't most guys try to simplify their swings as they get older (ie Steve Stricker style) whereas Tiger seems to make his more and more complicated especially with the driver.
His swing isn't complicated at all. His position at the top is very simple to arrive at.

His swing isn't complicated at all. His position at the top is very simple to arrive at.

curious for your analysis: why is he getting stuck so badly?

Back