The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Two completely different people both said the same that if was false. Tabloid being tabloids

come on now....if they have any connection to Tiger of course they will say its not true

It can't be true, if he was stepping out he would have won The Player's or the Master's

I should add when I comment on things, i mean in general and not specific to thp. I didn't mean anyone on here specifically would "crucify" him. I mean in general like news outlets, golf channel, fb, twitter etc. If anything thp is the place to have the most pleasant conversations

come on now....if they have any connection to Tiger of course they will say its not true
They aren't connected to Tiger

They aren't connected to Tiger

Can you share more? If they are not connected to Tiger, how do they have facts? Not necessarily disputing this at all, just curious. I would assume that means connected to Vonn. I emailed her people today and got "no comment".

Tiger's PR team is working Overtime to make sure that this is the Tiger story in the news:

"Tiger Woods sent a touching letter to a teen who was being bullied because of his stutter"

Tiger's a single man so if he wants to be a playa that's his business.

Personally I think he's a very lonely sad person who hides behind his arrogance and wealth. He needs to find himself and find peace. When that happens, he will get his golf game back.

Tiger's PR team is working Overtime to make sure that this is the Tiger story in the news:

"Tiger Woods sent a touching letter to a teen who was being bullied because of his stutter"
That story was posted here yesterday.

This sux for the kids...get an attachment to Vonn then she is gone and they are to young to understand things...I'm hoping at this point in his life he would t bring his kids around a serious love interest then revert back to old ways.

what one does in their personal life is their business and it won't affect me either way in how I cheer for tiger or criticize his play.

freddie via his sources saying it's not true has me thinking it's just another tabloid story.

That story was posted here yesterday.

yes saw that, & on bleacher report, local news, espn, golf channel....etc, It's not a coincidence it's every where w/ the "cheating rumor" coming out

yes saw that, & on bleacher report, local news, espn, golf channel....etc
Wait. Are you saying Tiger's team sat on the suicide story until it needed to use it to deflect bad press? that's a pretty cynical world view

Wait. Are you saying Tiger's team sat on the suicide story until it needed to use it to deflect bad press? that's a pretty cynical world view

No. He is saying that nothing of these deeds usually comes out and on the day that a story (true or false) is put out that is negative, his team is sending out reports of his good deed. Its fairly common in sports with athletes.

No. He is saying that nothing of these deeds usually comes out and on the day that a story (true or false) is put out that is negative, his team is sending out reports of his good deed. Its fairly common in sports with athletes.
yeah...what he said

What a mess, I'm glad Lindsey bailed on him and didn't accept what he did (if true). Maybe he should stay single and just be a father and play golf for a while. It's his dream and his nightmare though and all I can do is either be a fan of his or not, it's the only power I've got here, if true he'll pay his own price again.

Yea, I've read the 'cheating on Vonn' story. I've also read the 'sent a letter to a stuttering kid' story. Of the two stories, I was much more impressed with the 'sent a letter' story. Maybe its because the news on Tiger Woods is usually dominated by 1) injury or 2) mistresses, but I don't remember the last time I saw a story about Tiger Woods doing something nice for a kid. I'm sure he has in the past, but I just don't ever seem to hear about it.

Good for Tiger. I'm tired of negative news stories all the time. I'm ready for happy stories. Bring on the 'saved kitten' stories.

~Rock

I'm shocked. :alien:

http://golfweek.com/news/2015/may/12/tiger-woods-lindsey-vonn-pga-tour-breakup/

Tiger Woods' three-year relationship with Lindsey Vonn ended when the PGA Tour star confessed to the Olympic skier that he had cheated on her, according to a story May 12 by The Daily Mail of London.
Dailymail.com cited an anonymous source whom it described as "a close friend" to the golfer. Woods and Vonn mutually announced the end of their romance May 5, with each citing demanding schedules. A few weeks earlier, Vonn had accompanied Woods to the Masters in Augusta, Ga.
According to the Dailymail.com report, Woods admitted to Vonn of a dalliance after having been spotted with another woman in February, after he withdrew 12 holes into his round at the Farmers Insurance Open in San Diego.
Woods, 39, was married to former swimsuit model Elin Nordegren, the mother of his two children, before the union unraveled after Woods crashed his SUV into a fire hydrant Nov. 27, 2009, under mysterious circumstances outside the couple's home in Windermere, Fla. He later admitted to serial infidelities and sought treatment for sex addiction.
Woods, who since has moved to Jupiter Island, Fla., shares custody of daughter Sam, who will be 8 next month, and son Charlie, 6.
Woods, whose 79 PGA Tour victories include 14 major championships to rank second in both categories, hasn't won since Aug. 4, 2013, at the 2013 WGC-Bridgestone Invitational. He has made two cuts in four starts this season, including a tie for 69th in last week's Players Championship. He is not expected to play again until the June 4-7 Memorial Tournament in Dublin, Ohio, two weeks before the U.S. Open.

I'm just glad the article ended with a high level summary of his tour status.

What a turd. I was beginning to feel sorry for the guy before this latest news came out.

I hope that she was at least hot, other than that sounds like some golden girls gossip bs.

Newsflash: extremely wealthy, world traveling, known sex addict (who was "trained" as a 21 year old by two NBA players notorious for the same ) gets his freak on and bangs hookers on the road. The big cat is no different than a lot of wealthy, connected men of means on the road (athletes, politicians, CEO's, actors, etc). I wonder if he has seen Michael Fassbender in "Shame?"

I can't believe anyone is actually surprised. At least he's not banging other players wives, right?

I still hope he still wins a final major at 45: grumpy, bald, chubby and on wife #5.

Yea, I've read the 'cheating on Vonn' story. I've also read the 'sent a letter to a stuttering kid' story. Of the two stories, I was much more impressed with the 'sent a letter' story. Maybe its because the news on Tiger Woods is usually dominated by 1) injury or 2) mistresses, but I don't remember the last time I saw a story about Tiger Woods doing something nice for a kid. I'm sure he has in the past, but I just don't ever seem to hear about it.

Good for Tiger. I'm tired of negative news stories all the time. I'm ready for happy stories. Bring on the 'saved kitten' stories.

~Rock

Here it is for those interested: http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/12874855/tiger-woods-writes-letter-boy-stuttering-issue

I am not the biggest Tiger fan, but good on him for this one.

People seem to only complain after 2009 and ugly hooker gate. Not saying he doesn't deserve it but funny how when you're down, people love to kick you in the gut.

People seem to only complain after 2009 and ugly hooker gate. Not saying he doesn't deserve it but funny how when you're down, people love to kick you in the gut.

I think its more vocal now, but there were many people that disliked that stuff prior to those acts. They took a man that was marketed with family and found out it was all ********. Like it or hate it or dont care, its part of what we see, feel and watch as fans. Then when the "I only care what happens on the course" stuff took to the course and his game was lacking, it changed everything.

I think if you go back through the last 30 pages or so on this thread, you will see even yourself, how often you have flip flopped on him as a person and his game.

I think its more vocal now, but there were many people that disliked that stuff prior to those acts. They took a man that was marketed with family and found out it was all ********. Like it or hate it or dont care, its part of what we see, feel and watch as fans. Then when the "I only care what happens on the course" stuff took to the course and his game was lacking, it changed everything.

I think if you go back through the last 30 pages or so on this thread, you will see even yourself, how often you have flip flopped on him as a person and his game.
No doubt, I stand by all my mood swings on him. Always a fan, but very critical at times. But never was that was prior to the accident. He did no wrong in my eyes. Now older and some what wiser I guess I notice more now than before, eyes are more open.

Back