Cobra Tour Trusty Wedge Preview

I love my 58. I'm talking, love. And I'm insanely happy that I'll be getting a new one soon. I'm a k-grind fan, plus, plenty of spin for me. Me likey, still.

I love my 58. I'm talking, love. And I'm insanely happy that I'll be getting a new one soon. I'm a k-grind fan, plus, plenty of spin for me. Me likey, still.

I was having some fun with the 54* yesterday. I typically play it back in my stance for a mid height bump and run but was working with opening the face on both fluffy and tight lies and elevating the ball as I anticipate some of those shots needed in a few weeks. Was surprised at how easily I was pulling it off.

Excited to get the black 54/58 in the bag!

Wasn't my best day with 3/4 shots with the 54/58 yesterday. Will be looking at correcting that today.

I took my 58 into get the lie taken down 2° and they also took a loft measurement. It was at 61° which I found a bit out of tolerance. Had it brought back to 59° while he was taking it flat.

Like reading the feedback on these wedges.
Playing them has really boosted my short game.

Well, first the black finish is without a doubt my favorite now after getting my MC 58. I love it in this loft, I did back off using the 54 TT not because of the wedge so much but my thoughts on how I'm best playing that wedge, so in went the set SW.

BUT, paired with the KBS Tour S in this one, its been impressive the feel I get in the full to 3/4 swing with it, much better than the CTL in my other TT 58, which was already better than the stock shaft. Lots of debate on wedge shafts I know, but I love the Tour in mine.

I'm super comfortable with the K-grind having played Tour Trusty's all season, going to be interesting to see if it stays in the bag with some of the other wedges out there and my love of tinkering, but honestly i just should NOt tinker. Solid wedges for me.

Had my first range session with the 54 and 58. Coming from the ATV 52 and 56 it will be a little bit of an adjustment to figure out these yardages and whatnot but I came away very impressed. First I noticed right off the bat the cobras feel much heavier than the ATVs. Not in a bad way just different. Big thing is though that's HUGE for me is the spin. Man this things spin the ball like crazy. I've never been the type of wedge player that can drop and stop but I've found that in these. I absolutely can't wait for Saturday to put these one the course and give them a go! I see a lot of tap in pars in my future :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never tried these wedges and not really sure why I haven't? It looks like most of my practice in the near future will be with the putter and wedges so who knows, these could get a look.

Had my first range session with the 54 and 58. Coming from the ATV 52 and 56 it will be a little bit of an adjustment to figure out these yardages and whatnot but I came away very impressed. First I noticed right off the bat the cobras feel much heavier than the ATVs. Not in a bad way just different. Big thing is though that's HUGE for me is the spin. Man this things spin the ball like crazy. I've never been the type of wedge player that can drop and stop but I've found that in these. I absolutely can't wait for Saturday to put these one the course and give them a go! I see a lot of tap in pars in my future :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm playing the ATV's. 50 56 and 60. Besides the spin (which I lack), how are these around the green, bunkers, etc compared to the atv?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm playing the ATV's. 50 56 and 60. Besides the spin (which I lack), how are these around the green, bunkers, etc compared to the atv?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will let you know after saturdays round what I come up with. I haven't been able to hit them out of the bunkers yet.

Threw the 54 back in the bag, we shall now see if they stay!

I wanted these in a bad way. But I picked up the GO Time 55* wedge and now I'm not sure. First impression was wow this looks good but dang is it heavy. I'm playing SM4s now and I love them and know my yardage with them so it's hard to change. But I put it in the bag in place of my 54* and I noticed it's probably 8-10 yards shorter than the 54*(hitting about the same as my 58*). The versatility around the green was amazing. I'm just not sure if I'm going to keep it in my bag or not.

I wanted these in a bad way. But I picked up the GO Time 55* wedge and now I'm not sure. First impression was wow this looks good but dang is it heavy. I'm playing SM4s now and I love them and know my yardage with them so it's hard to change. But I put it in the bag in place of my 54* and I noticed it's probably 8-10 yards shorter than the 54*(hitting about the same as my 58*). The versatility around the green was amazing. I'm just not sure if I'm going to keep it in my bag or not.

Keep in mind, that wedge has a heavier shaft in it than the non special edition.

Keep in mind, that wedge has a heavier shaft in it than the non special edition.
The regular ones have s200s don't they? There is only a 3g difference between the s200s and the s400s.

May be just 3, but I'm telling you Howzat and I both noticed the difference from the 55 to the others. I was turned off by the 55 and hesitant to try the non SE, but trying them was the best thing I've done.

May be just 3, but I'm telling you Howzat and I both noticed the difference from the 55 to the others. I was turned off by the 55 and hesitant to try the non SE, but trying them was the best thing I've done.
Sweet, I picked it up for $38 so I'm not complaining a bit, and I'm glad you said that. I will definitely be giving them a look then.

Could it be that the swingweight is different as well? I didn't love the Trusty Rusty, but I'd like to give the Tour Trustys a shot at some point based on the feedback here.

Could it be that the swingweight is different as well? I didn't love the Trusty Rusty, but I'd like to give the Tour Trustys a shot at some point based on the feedback here.

Tour Trusty's are a TOTALLY different wedge than the rusty's, a redesign from the ground up really.

Anyone still gaming the Tour Trusty's?
i just put them back in my bag

I game them. Just picked up a 60.10 yesterday as well. Brand new they are soooooo good looking. such a shame my hacking is going to dirty the poor thing :( But the flight/height and spin this thing gets is awesome.

Anyone still gaming the Tour Trusty's?
i just put them back in my bag

I took them out not long ago. To much digging for me. Loved them. Just not for me

Back