Do you get bored repeating the same course ?

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I know I can. Perhaps bored is a bit harsh, after all we are playing golf :) but I think you know what I mean for lack of better word.

That's why I'm very glad I have a handful of county courses to chose from. There are also a couple/few privates but a couple are too expensive and a couple others I don't care for playing. I have 5 county courses. I try to mix it up between them. Most my rounds are at 2 of them but I try to occasionally mix it up at the others too. Of course it also depends on available tee times But usually being a single (if I don't pre-book) I can pretty much show up at whatever one I feel like driving to that morning.

But I have to admit it does get a tad boring when I play the same one too many times in a row. Its nice to have a little mix. I would ask for those who are members to one course, do you ever get a bit tired, bored, whatever, having always playing that one course?

And in some places where many live there may only be one option for you. Perhaps only one place is near enough for you or only one place affordable for you. Perhaps your stuck at one place because its the only one in good enough condition. Whatever the case, do you sometimes feel you really need a change of environment golf course wise?

Its nice imo that I can mix things up where I live. The same price (within couple bucks) and most all always in good condition, although one is closest they are all reasonably drivable when I feel like the extra ride. I am probably lucky in my area golf wise vs others. Do you get bored at one place too much? Are you sort of stuck at one place and wish you had other choices? Did you ever join a membership and then wish you hadn't because you didn't like being always at the same place?

Last edited:
No because my game is not consistent enough to play the same course the same way every time out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty lucky. My home course has 5 tees and depending on the wind, can play completely different daily.

No because my game is not consistent enough to play the same course the same way every time out.

I can hear that, Each time can be new adventure at the same place. But there is till something that desires a fresh or different look now and then. And then it also imo makes "being home" feel better when you played elsewhere for even a couple rounds. I always maintained, "there's no place like home" LOL but a change sometimes in between just feels good.

I'm pretty lucky. My home course has 5 tees and depending on the wind, can play completely different daily.

Fwiw I hate wind "Blu". I'd rather be cold than be wind blown. But some of this isn't necessarily only about the golf itself but also a desire for different scenery. No?

I play 90% + of my rounds on the same course. The only times I start to get a little tired with it are, oddly, the few weeks of the year when I'm playing my best.
I know the holes. I know the best approaches. And when I'm playing well (maybe...80, 81. I know that's awful for others. Good for me.) there's a certain sameness to it.

Hit ball down the left, 9i in. Hybrid / 8i, keep trouble out of play off the tee. Play short of the pin, this green rolls off. Rinse, repeat.

When I'm off, no worries. Lately I don't know which side of the planet I'm going to end up on, and can hit any hazard at any time. I've actually hit a few this year that have had me thinking "I've never BEEN here before". Under those conditions every shot is a fresh challenge.

Fwiw I hate wind "Blu". I'd rather be cold than be wind blown. But some of this isn't necessarily only about the golf itself but also a desire for different scenery. No?
Different scenery is nice. I usually play 3 different courses that look very different.

Fwi, I don't love crazy wind. But a 15 mph wind isnt bad. Especially when it can come from any direction on a given day.

I don't have much choice but to play 90 percent of my rounds where I do, part of living in rural America.

But, yeah, I do if I let myself. I've started playing different tees and even split tees now though as well as NOT letting myself cut some. Corners and such that I know I can from years of course knowledge. I keep it as mixed up as I can.

I play exclusively two courses right now and I'm never bored of them. I force myself to go out and work on things so I sometimes play with only 5 clubs or make myself hit every par 4 in three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play a pretty solid rotation of 6 or 7 courses but I play a majority of my rounds at my home track for multiple reasons. I don't get bored because there's 2 full 18 hole courses there that play totally different. Both are awesome Arnold Palmer designs and test so many aspects of your game without being stupid difficult.

I actually enjoy playing the same track over and over... especially if it is a hard one (lots of OB for me is a challenge). I do enjoy seeing something new on occasion, but I am not consistent enough to get bored and able to play the course the same every time out. I do have a membership that allows me to play a ton of courses in the area etc if I ever get bored. There is also something to be said about only driving 1-2 minutes to get to the course :D

I play a pretty solid rotation of 6 or 7 courses but I play a majority of my rounds at my home track for multiple reasons. I don't get bored because there's 2 full 18 hole courses there that play totally different. Both are awesome Arnold Palmer designs and test so many aspects of your game without being stupid difficult.

But you are also (as you say) solidly rotating 6/7 courses in between your home course rounds so were it not for that, is perhaps why you don't get somewhat bored of your home course. You are indeed mixing things up and (with 6 or 7 places) your probably mixing it much more than most people. That should make it pretty difficult to get bored. Your basically doing what this thread is about. Try spending the entire season at your home and you may feel very differently about this.

Agreed. Every hole is its own little adventure for me rarely looking the same day to day.

But you are also (as you say) solidly rotating 6/7 courses in between your home course rounds so were it not for that, is perhaps why you don't get somewhat bored of your home course. You are indeed mixing things up and (with 6 or 7 places) your probably mixing it much more than most people. That should make it pretty difficult to get bored. Your basically doing what this thread is about.
Yeah I guess your right. I'd like to say I could play my home courses exclusively without getting bored but I can't say that for sure.

i do get bored and thankfully i live in an area with lots of good courses so i try to spread my rounds out over several of them.

I do get bored and it's the reason I quit playing in my league. The same course every Tuesday for 4 years gets old after a while.

The course I play for league is the course I grew up learning to play on. After 20 years Im still not bored with it. Perhaps it's because I've yet to be satisfied with a round that I've played there. Im terrible, so maybe that's what keeps it interesting.

I play my course regularly, even knowing the course doesn't make it 'boring'. It makes for good practice, playing a hole and hitting into the green from different angles gives a good lesson in selecting the right shot. I'll throw in a round once a month somewhere else just to measure any game improvements.

Changing the hole location helps too, makes you change up your approach shots. I don' get bored, I really like our league course, and I really enjoy the group I play with each week. But, there does come a time when we are ready to see something different, and take advantage of golfnow.com to get onto a different course at a good price. Probably do that a half dozen times during the season.

Occasionally I like to mix it up but most of my rounds are at my home course. I love my course and since I'm paying a monthly fee, I make darn sure I get my moneys worth :D

I wouldn't be able to play the same course over and over. Luckily for me there is over 100 course within 1.5hrs of me.

This is my first year having a membership anywhere and one of my concerns was becoming tired of playing the same course over and over. Fortunately I found a membership that covers 2 courses and to change things up, I can mix it up from the 5 different sets of tees that both courses offer.

Not really. I tend to play each sets of tees, change up the split tees if I want. Also I'm so awful at golf, I rarely have holes that I am playing the same shots over and over again.

Only if I don't like the course.

I don't get bored. The next "nice" course is a 40 minute drive away. There are a few not so nice courses within a 30 minute drive. Either way, I'm totally fine playing where I play. It has a lot of long par 3s, so short game is used heavily, and I love the creativity involved with short game.

~Rock

Back